IGNORED

Share your GAME Golf Comparisons to Similarly Scoring Players

Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Just found another great Game Golf feature which can be found on the website under "Explore" and then "Compare"

You can compare your statistics against different scoring benchmarks. So I was able to compare my stats against the average scratch golfer, 72-75 shooter, 75-80 shooter, 80-85 and so on.

Thanks @cedrictheo . Here are mine compared to a scratch golfer:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks @cedrictheo . Here are mine compared to a scratch golfer: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/120642/] [/URL]

Dam your a beast.

Thanks @cedrictheo . Here are mine compared to a scratch golfer: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/120642/] [/URL]

I've been away from my home computer all day and have been looking for it in the app. All I can compare to are people I follow via the app. Is this a desktop exclusive right now?

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

This is mine:

Not surprised at the discrepancy in fairway accuracy, since I struggle to keep the ball on the same hole that I'm teeing off from.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Not surprised at the discrepancy in fairway accuracy, since I struggle to keep the ball on the same hole that I'm teeing off from.

How'd you get that image? I can't seem to save it to my computer or load the page onto this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by billchao

This is mine:

How'd you get that image? I can't seem to save it to my computer or load the page onto this thread.

Took a screenshot, then cropped and resized it using Paint.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Well I need to hit more GIR if I want to shoot in the 70's.  That or move up a few set of tees.

Compared to my benchmark (72-75). Guess my bunker game sucks...good thing it's only an SV 2 ;-)

and a Scratch

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I guess I am pretty close to my HCP (10,8) and need to wok on putting. Recently changed home course to one with devilish greens and I have dropped from 1.86 to 2.0

I'm surprised my putting isn't worse than it is because I've been putting poorly since I started tracking with Game Golf (and I kinda think they're related; I'm futzing with the app instead of focusing on the read). My short game isn't too bad and I hit the ball relatively far, but tend to spray it a bit. Gotta get more GIRs.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Kinda shows me what I had suspected that my short game is pretty good and my long game needs work.

Michael

This is a really cool feature, thanks for pointing it out, @cedrictheo !

Here's my comparators:

Fairway accuracy is really the place I'm off.  Then again I had 43% during my handicap season in 2014, so this could just be a matter of small sample size and off season/early season woes.  The other numbers are more or less dead on with my 12 month average, except the SS% which is probably skewed up due to sample size.

But here's what I should be shooting for:

Need to improve across the Board.  Perhaps I should emphasize fairways and pitching/chipping, that should help with GIR and PPH, too.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Here is mine.  The driving stats are really low because at this stage of the game, I prefer to use it on some of the dog leg holes.  I was having major issues with woods, hybrids, and long irons.  My safest bet was to use a driver and throttle back.  It might not be the preferred method but at least I was making contact and moving the chains.  It was better than duffing a 30 yard shot of the tee and going into a free fall the rest of the hole.   I am starting to make better contact with all the clubs so everything will be fair game.  I feel my next advancement from this graph will be with the GIR.   I'm telling you, I feel it. :-D

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I want to add that I think the most valuable charts are the 1 or 2 scoring ranges better than where you are now. For example im a 75-80 shooter and found the 72-75 chart and the scratch or better chart to be the best for assessing how I can take my game to the next level.

Erik, something in your comparison numbers seems off.   Well, not your numbers, but the "scratch golfer" stats.  It shows sand save as 63% for the scratch golfer, but that number would almost put them in the top 10 on Tour and way above the Tour average of under 50%.   It also shows GIR as 69%, which would put them in the top 30 on Tour and 4 percentage points higher than the Tour average.  Scrambling is about equal to the Tour average.

It seems unreasonable to believe that an average scratch golfer is better than the Tour players in these categories, and in some cases much, much better.  Thoughts?

Thanks @cedrictheo. Here are mine compared to a scratch golfer:

Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!