IGNORED

2015 Memorial Tournament Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is unreal about it? Seems like Reality to me.

It's definitely getting to that point. :-( This hole was the worst I've ever seen him play.

Tiger ends up with an 85. Worst....score.....ever.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

85?? Are you friggin kidding me? Worst round of his professional career. Question now is whether he takes more time off to change this golf swing that's not working and miss the US Open or will he go to Chambers Bay with absolutely zero confidence and try to top the worst score of his professional career. He's between a rock and a hard place right now.

Tiger's fallen into that old trap of messing with his swing in the mistaken belief that distance is an end-all in this game. Age and injuries mean he isn't among the longest hitters in the game anymore; more to the point, his talent is enough that he could still be a consistent winner while averaging 280 or so off the tee. Instead, he wants to blast everything, overexerts himself, and screws up his mechanics in the process. At this point, his stubbornness is his worst enemy. If you can break Jack's record and Snead's record, who is going to care in fifty years that you did it playing like Jim Furyk?
  • Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

On a different note, am I the only one that thinks Zac Blair looks like he's dancing with his ball during his setup?

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Absolutely unreal.

Tiger is playing the 18th like a 30 handicapper.

It's just like somebody punched me in the gut.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Tiggs is in last place. That's funny, I don't care who you are.

No Patrick, it is not funny if you are a Tiger fanboy with insane mancrush like most of this forum. Fortunately, I'm not one of those so I think it is hilarious. We can laugh together in this TW mancrush corner of the internet.

Iacas should probably sell some ads on the forum for Preparation H and Kleenex for all the butthurt and crying going on right about now.

Hopefully next week or maybe tomorrow Notah the mouthpiece can give us the status of the 'process'.

No Patrick, it is not funny if you are a Tiger fanboy with insane mancrush like most of this forum. Fortunately, I'm not one of those so I think it is hilarious. We can laugh together in this TW mancrush corner of the internet.  Iacas should probably sell some ads on the forum for Preparation H and Kleenex for all the butthurt and crying going on right about now.  Hopefully next week or maybe tomorrow Notah the mouthpiece can give us the status of the 'process'.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No Patrick, it is not funny if you are a Tiger fanboy with insane mancrush like most of this forum. Fortunately, I'm not one of those so I think it is hilarious. We can laugh together in this TW mancrush corner of the internet.

Iacas should probably sell some ads on the forum for Preparation H and Kleenex for all the butthurt and crying going on right about now.

Hopefully next week or maybe tomorrow Notah the mouthpiece can give us the status of the 'process'.

I feel like unless you're just a straight up hater, you'd have to feel a little bit bad for the guy. I also feel like anyone that finds it "hilarious" has to be a hater too.

The only person that I'd find shooting an 85 to be hilarious would be Ian Poulter...and that's because I hate him. :-D

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

As usual, Natural Patrick and Abu3baid reveal their character with their posts. Finding this scenario funny is very strange. Not finding it funny doesn't mean you have a Tiger "mancrush".
  • Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

No, I don't just blame the coach. Just as I don't give full credit to Hank Haney or Butch Harmon for Tiger's success. He's Tiger, never needed a coach for his swing. Bob Rotella maybe, but not some goof who encouraged Tiger to go down a path he didn't need to.

Doesn't explain all the name calling and insults.. If Tiger doesn't need a coach then why does he have one?? He is either stupid or knows something hat we don't.. I think more likely they are giving him good advice but he is the leader, and isn't listening to anyone.. Most likely he will replace them if he had a couple more melt downs like this one..

Eyad

As usual, Natural Patrick and Abu3baid reveal their character with their posts.

Finding this scenario funny is very strange. Not finding it funny doesn't mean you have a Tiger "mancrush".

And we have Butt hurt victim #1 Congrats shorts!

So assuming tomorrow is another tough day for him, what are the odds of him playing the US Open? I'm sorry, but if you shoot 85 on this course, what the heck are you going to shoot at Chambers Bay? That's not a place to be going to if you're not feeling good about your game and you don't know where the ball's going to go when you hit it. It would not surprise me that he pulls out of the Open if tomorrow is another high number.

As usual, Natural Patrick and Abu3baid reveal their character with their posts. Finding this scenario funny is very strange. Not finding it funny doesn't mean you have Tiger a "mancrush".

I thought the post was funny.. So that reveals my character huh? Man you are grumpy.. I'll run it past you before I laugh at what someone posts..

Eyad

So assuming tomorrow is another tough day for him, what are the odds of him playing the US Open? I'm sorry, but if you shoot 85 on this course, what the heck are you going to shoot at Chambers Bay? That's not a place to be going to if you're not feeling good about your game and you don't know where the ball's going to go when you hit it.

For Tiger to skip a major being healthy, would be shocking. I think he still has in his head, he is still the best in the world, and will prove it at all costs. Even if he shoots 100 tomorrow , he's not missing the US open.

So assuming tomorrow is another tough day for him, what are the odds of him playing the US Open? I'm sorry, but if you shoot 85 on this course, what the heck are you going to shoot at Chambers Bay? That's not a place to be going to if you're not feeling good about your game and you don't know where the ball's going to go when you hit it. It would not surprise me that he pulls out of the Open if tomorrow is another high number.

Don't be shocked if Tiggs comes down with an unknown injury tomorrow. Telling the media that he hopes it heels in time for Chambers Bay.

I feel like unless you're just a straight up hater, you'd have to feel a little bit bad for the guy. I also feel like anyone that finds it "hilarious" has to be a hater too.

The only person that I'd find shooting an 85 to be hilarious would be Ian Poulter...and that's because I hate him.

Wrong on the hater part. The sport is way further along in terms of viewership, $, etc. because of Tiger Woods. I realize that, and in a sense I do hate to see this happening to him on a personal level, though if he went away tomorrow it would have zero impact going forward IMO. I could care less about his attitude or off the course issues, or his cussing on the course or whatever people like Phan throw up. I do think he milked injuries when playing bad awhile back, but I think maybe he realizes people (not fanboys in here) are catching on to that BS.

But, that disappointment on a personal level for him is overshadowed by a long shot from where I am sitting. What I find hilarious is his fans, spewing excuses and acting like their GF just broke up with them. Actually his fans and the media is why I find this so funny. Supposedly grown men acting like teenage girls at a Justin Bieber concert, gnashing their teeth about anything that remotely paints their hero in a bad light on this forum. And now the crying about his plight.  The media jamming his every move down everybody's throats. Yes, I think it is all very funny.

But I am use to being labelled something in here when I get off the reservation. I was called a racist when I questioned whether he should have been DQ'd at the Masters that year on that thread. BTW, a majority of pros polled think he should have been. Look at all the racists lol.

BTW, how did you like that chip into the bunker after rolling it back off the green at 18? Did it hurt really bad? Do you plan to go outside and do yardwork like Iacas now that your hero is in last place?

Don't be shocked if Tiggs comes down with an unknown injury tomorrow. Telling the media that he hopes it heels in time for Chambers Bay.

I wouldn't bet against it.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!