IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think Trump has his hand on the door knob to walk out of the Republican race if the attacks continue and if he does start to slip, e came out and said he expects the RNC to support him with his problems with Cruz and others but we all know the RNC wants him to just go away. It's very likely we will have another default election impacted by a 3rd party candidate again. When Trump realizes he's maxed out on his support and it's not enough he will run as an independent is probably the most likely scenario.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Will know more Sat. night. He's starting to make the GOP leaders nervous for sure. It's a good thing and their own fault because he doesn't have much competition. Cruz and Rubio puhleeze.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Braivo said:

Zing! Good one.

I am not, however, a corrupt cable conglomerate pretending to be an honest journalistic franchise. I am a loyal Trump supporter and look for anecdotes to support my opinions. I am honest about such things, unlike the crooked media. 

I don't know anybody who says they will vote for Trump, but I have to admit that they are a pretty well-educated and well-informed bunch. Most are not coming out and stating exactly who they support, but they are not shy about stating their aversion to Trump.

Edited by phan52

Bill M

12 minutes ago, phan52 said:

I don't know anybody who says they will vote for Trump, but I have to admit that they are a pretty well-educated and well-informed bunch. Most are not coming out and stating exactly who they support, but they are not shy about stating their aversion to Trump.

What's really funny is that many anti-Trump people can't exactly come out with a specific reason that wasn't hashed or exaggerated by the press (liberal or conservative). The press and other candidates are mostly afraid of him because they know that Trump represents potential for radical changes in the government.

They will jump on anything negative they "find" about Trump.

A lot of money that is public or otherwise is being spent fighting Trump.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I know several anti Trump  folks that could spend hours demonstrating why he is a poor choice that aren't influenced by the media.

My parents, I have already mentioned this, are local high profile business people. Step-dad is well known conservative, he has twice decided not to run for governor here.  He didn't want the job knowing he'd likely win. Trump is a no go in CO. 

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

I know several anti Trump  folks that could spend hours demonstrating why he is a poor choice that aren't influenced by the media.

My parents, I have already mentioned this, are local high profile business people. Step-dad is well known conservative, he has twice decided not to run for governor here.  He didn't want the job knowing he'd likely win. Trump is a no go in CO. 

I have also twice (it might even have been 3 times) decided not to run for governor...........     :)

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

4 hours ago, 14ledo81 said:

I have also twice (it might even have been 3 times) decided not to run for governor...........     :)

I've postponed my run for "Lord of All That I See" until I get my handicap down to single digits.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Guess which poll the media is reporting as fact? One guess? 

The media lies, they tell a narrative that supports their agenda. Unless more people wake up and realize this we are in big trouble.

We are owned by a couple of rich media executives and they fear Trump.

image.png

- Mark

16 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Guess which poll the media is reporting as fact? One guess? 

The media lies, they tell a narrative that supports their agenda. Unless more people wake up and realize this we are in big trouble.

We are owned by a couple of rich media executives and they fear Trump.

image.png

You understand that the "media" is making all the $$$$$$$ Billions of dollars off this election, correct? Whether is Fox, NBC, CNN or the poll providers, they are raking in all the money that we, the Koch Brothers, and others are pouring into this election. It's stunning the amount of money being given to the "media".

So, of course, they are going to barrage us with poll after poll, some contradicting others. It creates revenue. Each poll spawns a new set of ads from candidates. More money pours in. It is a vicious cycle. Social media also is raking in the bucks. 

So no, they don't fear Trump. They are cowering all the way to the bank.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

In general, a large portion of middle America finds the generic loud mouthed New Yorker disgusting. :-P

He's really no different than any other loud mouthed "bigoted" New Yorker. I put bigoted in quotes because many New Yorkers talk that way even though they are likely less bigoted than the quite types in the rest of America.

His appeal to supporters is this candid behavior.

He's already richer than any president and really doesn't need to run to gain "power".

He's got a personal "Air Force One", well a personal top of the line 757 anyway.

He's got a few gold buildings and tons of championship level golf resorts.

Not sure what he has to gain by running?

His biggest asset is he is the only candidate in the GOP that's sincere.

Bernie Sanders is the only alternative on the Democratic side, and to be perfectly honest I find both of these candidates reasonable alternatives to the political mess we have. 

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

So no, they don't fear Trump. They are cowering all the way to the bank.

I agree, they will spin this any way possible to get ratings and ad dollars. However, the executives of the major news conglomerates are also big donors to the establishment candidates. They want the status quo which includes favors within the press pool. Trump has the ability to make the traditional media outlets irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

Bernie Sanders is the only alternative on the Democratic side, and to be perfectly honest I find both of these candidates reasonable alternatives to the political mess we have. 

When you really get down to it, there is some overlap among Bernie and Trump supporters. They are both pulling support from very young voters. The GOP has failed to energize a young base the way Trump is doing now. Bernie clearly gets more of the liberal college kids, but Trump holds his own. 

- Mark

4 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I agree, they will spin this any way possible to get ratings and ad dollars. However, the executives of the major news conglomerates are also big donors to the establishment candidates. They want the status quo which includes favors within the press pool. Trump has the ability to make the traditional media outlets irrelevant. 

When you really get down to it, there is some overlap among Bernie and Trump supporters. They are both pulling support from very young voters. The GOP has failed to energize a young base the way Trump is doing now. Bernie clearly gets more of the liberal college kids, but Trump holds his own. 

The common denominator is that neither are in the pockets of anyone.

Trump is rich and powerful already, Sanders is uncorruptable.

Trump is labeled disgusting and Sanders a crazy old man. :-D

Unfortunate for Sanders that he needs to run against a huge unyielding political machine with lots more agendas.

Trump might have to run as an independent if he even thinks it's worth running.

That's too bad. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

The problem Trump will soon face heading into the convention, as the GOP field pared down, is polling at 30-35% it means 65-70% potentially aren't DT supporters. 

When it tightens up he is going to have to start answering questions. He won't be able to sustain a campaign of vague finger pointing. He's about to lose Bush as a punching bag. Cruz is a douche but he doesn't have a lengthy record to pick at.

His MO is to start a beef with someone so he can avoid issue related questions. Does anyone really care what Bush 43 did? I don't seems like a lifetime ago. Most of what he's said this week isn't worth thinking about. 

But some of it not his fault. He is being quoted for everything he says. He's the new Caitlyn Jenner. 

2 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

The problem Trump will soon face heading into the convention, as the GOP field pared down, is polling at 30-35% it means 65-70% potentially aren't DT supporters. 

When it tightens up he is going to have to start answering questions. He won't be able to sustain a campaign of vague finger pointing. He's about to lose Bush as a punching bag. Cruz is a douche but he doesn't have a lengthy record to pick at.

His MO is to start a beef with someone so he can avoid issue related questions. Does anyone really care what Bush 43 did? I don't seems like a lifetime ago. Most of what he's said this week isn't worth thinking about. 

But some of it not his fault. He is being quoted for everything he says. He's the new Caitlyn Jenner. 

If you look past his toupe and New Yorker demeanor, you can see that he has very specific solutions to our problems. Remember that he has a team of economically savvy people already working for him and outlining a reasonable setup of actions. They are very specific.

All the other politicians are busy running campaigns and do not have a large corporation of highly qualified individuals.

Remember that Donald is very particular about who he hires.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

22 hours ago, Elmer said:

" Under a Trump Administration, all veterans eligible for VA health care can bring their veteran’s ID card to any doctor or care facility that accepts Medicare to get the care they need immediately"
Is this supposed to lead us to believe that he is going to mandate that a Private Physician is to "immediately" see a Vet?

You could argue that this is also already policy, depending on what "immediately" is modifying.  If a vet needs medical attention immediately, they can get it.  Otherwise, it sounds like opening up a Tricare Standard option for vets, which I think is currently available (although with a co-pay).

19 hours ago, Lihu said:

What's really funny is that many anti-Trump people can't exactly come out with a specific reason that wasn't hashed or exaggerated by the press (liberal or conservative). The press and other candidates are mostly afraid of him because they know that Trump represents potential for radical changes in the government.

You gotta admit Trump is mostly running via sound bytes.  Now that's not without precedent, but detailed positions on issues aren't what's being replayed in the media.

I agree that Trump is a game-changer politically.  His continued existence highlights a deep-seated mistrust of politicians.  How else can you explain his increasing popularity despite some of the objectively horrible things he says?  Americans (at least a significant minority of them) are translating "say whatever the hell you want" to "tell it like it is" and concluding that means he'll do something different.

What I like about Trump:  I think he's not afraid.  I think the genuine "I don't give a crap" mentality means he won't compromise on what he really wants and give us some unworkable nonsense like the ACA or sequester, both well-intentioned but massive failures.  I also think that he has absolutely ZERO chance of getting any cooperation from Congress, regardless of who controls it.  For that reason he probably has the best chance of actually spurring Congress to reform itself and start actually working towards workable solutions rather than trading party-line votes over tweetable measures of marginal substance.

What I don't like about Trump:  well, basically all of the arrogant racist BS that constantly spews forth from his pie-hole.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

6 minutes ago, Lihu said:

If you look past his toupe and New Yorker demeanor, you can see that he has very specific solutions to our problems. Remember that he has a team of economically savvy people already working for him and outlining a reasonable setup of actions. They are very specific.

All the other politicians are busy running campaigns and do not have a large corporation of highly qualified individuals.

Remember that Donald is very particular about who he hires.

His immediate circle, many of which are family hold the highest positions. Still not sure how that translates to being a good president. It's not like he can take his entire corp. into the WH. The upside is he doesn't have to kowtow to special interest backers.

FWIW I am trying to look past his stage persona but it's tough. I suspect the primary manager of his campaign is Donald. If he wasn't he may not say some of what he does. Though it's his brashness that put him on the map with voters wanting "change". But it tends to front-load the questions he's asked. It's hard to get an idea of what he intends to do when the majority of the questions he gets are about his war of words with other candidates. IMO will be hard to ride that wave all the way to the WH. I need more info to decide whether or not he gets my vote.

Trump is promising to release 28 pages of the 911 report that was not released to the public if he becomes POTUS.  Obama had discussed releasing the entire report but opted against it, many think to protect GW, Clinton and our relationship with Saudi Arabia.  

I'd like to see what's in those 28 pages as I'm sure it contains a lot of information our government doesn't want us to see.  

Joe Paradiso

18 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Trump is promising to release 28 pages of the 911 report that was not released to the public if he becomes POTUS.  Obama had discussed releasing the entire report but opted against it, many think to protect GW, Clinton and our relationship with Saudi Arabia.  

I'd like to see what's in those 28 pages as I'm sure it contains a lot of information our government doesn't want us to see.  

I would like to see it as well,
But a part of me thinks that there are names of countries, people and companies we are allies with.
Maybe even get oil from.
While we like to know those who are responsible, we also like cheap gas for our oversized SUVs and golf carts!
Sometimes truth is best not known.
Trump strikes me as the type who is willing to burn the bridge, but after doing so realizes he is on the wrong side of the canyon!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!