IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2977 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What happens to the delegate support that is committed to candidates when that candidate drops out ? 

For example if Rubio or Kasich drop out of the race , can the delegates that they won out now support another candidate?

Edited by dchoye

7 minutes ago, dchoye said:

What happens to the delegate support that is committed to candidates when that candidate drops out ? 

For example if Rubio or Kasich drop out of the race , can the delegates that they won out now support another candidate?

I asked that same question a while back and if I remember correctly, @newtogolf explained that typically those delegates will go to whoever their guy endorses. :)

That doesn't really bode well for Trump if it stays close because I would guess none of these other guys are endorsing him when they give up.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I asked that same question a while back and if I remember correctly, @newtogolf explained that typically those delegates will go to whoever their guy endorses. :)

That doesn't really bode well for Trump if it stays close because I would guess none of these other guys are endorsing him when they give up.

One of the media speculated that Trump & Cruz can join together to beat the establishment.  In that scenario, Cruz would be a VP candidate.   I don't think that is a likely scenario.   I would think the establishment will back Cruz & Rubio ticket.   They will also likely get Bush & Kasich delegates.   Unless Trump wins a majority of delegates, the nomination is up for grabs.   That's not a good news for Trump.   

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

8 hours ago, newtogolf said:

How does Puerto Rico have a primary?  Did I miss them getting added as the 51st state?  

I thought the same thing. As I recall, they cannot vote in the GE. Neither can other US territories. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

If there isn't a more lucid example of how the "experts", the pundits, the talking heads, the think tanks, etc... who are trying to predict what will happen and getting it wrong (both ways), this election season is it. I recall reading in this thread that Trump will have it locked by Super Tuesday - Trump won 7 states, but his opponents were not mathematically eliminated. Yes, it's fun to anticipate, but I try and not devote too much time to the prediction pieces, look for the more tempered ones and more to post analysis pieces. I can't think of a situation from the past that's more conducive to anything can happen than this.

No... one... has... a... clue. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

10 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I get that but why would Puerto Rico get delegates when they can't vote and don't have representation in the electoral college?  We could hold a primary in Russia, Trump would kill it there.  

They are still US citizens. I think the parties are just looking to make the process as inclusive as possible, or at least give the illusion that they are.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On 3/6/2016 at 10:29 PM, Dave2512 said:

Maybe we should coin a Cruz birther slur before Trumo does. 

Is it time to talk @Braivo off the ledge yet ? ?

I'm doing alright ;)

I find Cruz to be palatable, I am not unhappy that he has surged. Rubio being eliminated is a good development, the establishment candidates are now out. Kasich and Rubio are only in the race to siphon delegates from Trump in OH and FL, respectively. They will drop out after the 15th and Rubio will endorse Cruz, and Kasich will endorse Trump. 

This is still Trump's to lose, but he is running on fumes and has lost momentum since that debate last week where he softened on immigration. That honestly didn't sit well with me, and I know many others are questioning his commitment to immigration reform. Cruz now appears stronger on immigration. 

I am still pulling for Trump, but I am looking for him to clarify some positions that are now in question. 

A big win in Michigan and Mississippi tomorrow will get things rolling again, but look for Cruz to have unexpectedly strong showings which will further cloud the race. 

- Mark

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

They will drop out after the 15th and Rubio will endorse Cruz, and Kasich will endorse Trump. 

Kasich said he would support whoever  is the republican nominee for president. I doubt Kasich will throw his support behind someone unless he is 100% certain they will win. So I presume his support will come very late in the process.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Just now, saevel25 said:

Kasich said he would support whoever  is the republican nominee for president. I doubt Kasich will throw his support behind someone unless he is 100% certain they will win. So I presume his support will come very late in the process.

They all pledged to support the eventual nominee, that doesn't mean they won't endorse someone to be the nominee. 

That being said, you are probably right, there is unlikely to be too many endorsements until the winner is clarified. 

- Mark

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

I am still pulling for Trump, but I am looking for him to clarify some positions that are now in question. 

Might be waiting a long time if you want any clarity from Trump. Only thing that is clear to me is that Trump is very flexible on his positions, and will change anything he has to depending on his audience. I hope it is becoming clear to many that he is a fraud, and just playing on everyone's emotions/frustration with the establishment.

14 minutes ago, Brian96 said:

Might be waiting a long time if you want any clarity from Trump. Only thing that is clear to me is that Trump is very flexible on his positions, and will change anything he has to depending on his audience. I hope it is becoming clear to many that he is a fraud, and just playing on everyone's emotions/frustration with the establishment.

I'm not frustrated with the establishment, just tired of paying for the "American Nobility***" and their expensive tastes in luxury and having them snub their noses at me when I am on vacation. Anyone paying 5 or 6 digits a year of their hard earned money to fuel this Nobility should be tired of it too.

***Any career politician Democrat or Republican.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

11 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I'm not frustrated with the establishment, just tired of paying for the "American Nobility***" and their expensive tastes in luxury and having them snub their noses at me when I am on vacation. Anyone paying 5 or 6 digits a year of their hard earned money to fuel this Nobility should be tired of it too.

***Any career politician Democrat or Republican.

You made my point. Your response sounds more emotional than a sound defense of his strong policy positions. Of which, I think he has none.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

52 minutes ago, Brian96 said:

This is exactly what is happening, people (myself included) want the establishment destroyed. Right now Trump seems like the only opportunity for this to happen. I don't agree with all of his policies, but he is the hammer that will smash the establishment. The Goldman Sachs puppets need to go, even if it makes this a mess at first. 

- Mark

44 minutes ago, Brian96 said:

You made my point. Your response sounds more emotional than a sound defense of his strong policy positions. Of which, I think he has none.

Yes, agree with you. The issue is really about us paying for a class of people who spend our money in frivolous ways.

41 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens to politics in this age of tweets and instagrams. I think it is already transitioning.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

26 minutes ago, Braivo said:

This is exactly what is happening, people (myself included) want the establishment destroyed. Right now Trump seems like the only opportunity for this to happen. I don't agree with all of his policies, but he is the hammer that will smash the establishment. The Goldman Sachs puppets need to go, even if it makes this a mess at first.

I highly doubt that.

First, congress wouldn't blink an eye to try to impeach him if he steps outside his bounds as President. So, he is pretty much restricted by his constitutional bounds. He does have executive order, but he will have to tread lightly.

Second, He has to somehow get congress go play nice which hasn't happened since the mid to late 90's. 15+ years of gridlock and a built in culture of never meshing meaningful ideas on big issues.

We could literally have four years of absolutely nothing going on.

What is he going to do, stand up in front of the media and say how stupid congress is. Their approval rating is 12.6%!!! It hasn't been above 30 since 2009! It's still a two party system because the states allow it to be that way with how they get people elected. In the end the system is flawed because it is a two party system. Trump can't break that. Heck he had to jump on the GOP bandwagon to get elected. He knew he couldn't run as an independent. The only way to break that is if the voters actually decide to change it by voting in a third or fourth party.

Tell me what will Trump do that will destroy the establishment? He has no weapons at his disposal.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Kasich will not give his delegates to Trump.  His campaign theme was "don't be like Trump."   His delegates will likely go to Rubio or Cruz.   If Rubio can't add enough delegates hereon, he is likely to give his delegates to Cruz, or whoever the establishment backs.    Despite Trump's delegate lead right now, I don't see him getting the nod.  The only way he can get the nomination is by winning the required number of delegates and that seems to be getting harder.   But we are all playing armchair quarterback.   Trump has surprised everyone so far.  Bush is gone.  Carson came and went.  Fiorina had her moments.  Debates have been the stuff of bad reality shows. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

15 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Tell me what will Trump do that will destroy the establishment? He has no weapons at his disposal.

Political capital, Twitter, Facebook.

Republican Establishment is shitting their pants because they know he will out them as the lazy frauds they are.  He's not a good ol boy.  They will work for him or he will use his political capital to get them primaried and ousted.  My guess is he'll be tougher on the GOP than the Dems.  He will shake things up if he gets in, make no mistake.

Cruz will as well but to a lesser degree.  Rubio will just go along with the party line.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 2977 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!