IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whatever happened to Stewart Cink? Talk about a guy who was a solid player before he won a major, then won a major, and then disappeared off the face of the earth. It's not like age caught up to him...he's not that old.

I really thought he was gonna continue and get another. He truly has fallen apart. Fun fact though, despite having an awful year, he is 4th in GIR%. He only has 1 top 25 this year.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

So what's the best strategy to watching The Open? Pulling an all nighter, then sleeping during the afternoon? Or go to sleep a little early tonight and wake up around 6 PT? I think i'm gonna go with option two. This is for those of us who do not have jobs :-D.

Riley

So what's the best strategy to watching The Open? Pulling an all nighter, then sleeping during the afternoon? Or go to sleep a little early tonight and wake up around 6 PT? I think i'm gonna go with option two.

This is for those of us who do not have jobs .

In the past when I didn't work, I'd just put the tv on and doze in and out from like 4-8 or so. Then wake up and maybe rewind it on my DVR a bit and watch from there.

So what's the best strategy to watching The Open? Pulling an all nighter, then sleeping during the afternoon? Or go to sleep a little early tonight and wake up around 6 PT? I think i'm gonna go with option two.

This is for those of us who do not have jobs .

I have a job but, if I didn't. I would Wake and Bake!

Just for speculation, what would be the bigger story, Jordan winning the third leg, or Tiger winning.

I think the press would love the Tiger story line. Jordan is just too new.

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

Just for speculation, what would be the bigger story, Jordan winning the third leg, or Tiger winning.

I think the press would love the Tiger story line. Jordan is just too new.

hell the press would be in a frenzy if Tiger goes 66-68 to make the cut then 72-64 to place top 5

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Tiger may have turned the corner. Purely my own conjecture. But I have a good feeling about him this week.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

My prediction is someone tomorrow morning is going to go really low. I think you could see a 63, a couple 64s and 65s. Supposed to be no wind for the first half of the draw. Second half will have a tougher go. But several players have said that with no wind, this course is pretty easy. Snedeker even said with no wind he thinks 62 could go down very easily.

I think Tiger may have turned the corner. Purely my own conjecture. But I have a good feeling about him this week.

I'm a huge tiger fan so take this as you will, but I agree with you. Greenbriar's not what you'd call tough but he played really well.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

By the way, what's with everyone calling it quits at St.Andrews? Tom Watson is hanging it up after this. Nick Falso is playing his last Open. Ivan Robson, the legendary starter, is hanging it up after this. Peter Alliss hasn't announced it officially, but it sounds like from his words this is his last open. Peter Dawson is saying this is his last Open. It's one swan song.

By the way, what's with everyone calling it quits at St.Andrews? Tom Watson is hanging it up after this. Nick Falso is playing his last Open. Ivan Robson, the legendary starter, is hanging it up after this. Peter Alliss hasn't announced it officially, but it sounds like from his words this is his last open. Peter Dawson is saying this is his last Open. It's one swan song.

People are getting old.

Riley

OMG Greg Owen on 62 watch.

He's -1 thru 1.

Lingmerth on 54 watch with -4 through 4.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Alliss will be done given that this is the only coverage of golf the BBC still has and they've just lost it to Sky (a good thing, IMO). He's great, though - would love to see him week-in, week-out on their coverage.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

For Tom Watson I have read that is (age) exemption is going to expire as of next year. Unless he finishes top 5 or top 10 this year.

edit: article from 2009 http://www.golf.com/ap-news/5-time-champ-watson-gets-british-open-exemption

~Jorrit

A lot of red on the leaderboard so far. Seems to be some low numbers out there today.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Crazy, -5 thru 6 now.

Okay, this shit is getting ridiculous. -6 thru 7.

Par on eight though. Average.

Edit: On the other end of the scale, you have Streelman at +3 through 4...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 3038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!