IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know this likely isn't within the ROG but imo any holes played today should be replayed.

The group at 11 never finished their hole due to high winds causing the ball to roll around on the green so at that point the officials should have stopped all play on the course.  If it was a lightning strike at 11, they would have cleared the course.  Some guys like Day were forced to play while those on 11 were suspended and Day ended up 3 putting on  the two holes because of the winds.

When play resumes, there will be 4 groups piled up on 11 waiting to tee off, they would just be better off rewinding and starting everyone off from where they were before the wind delay.

I think that would be impossible to do because you'd have to go back to the hole you started on and "guess" where your ball was. It's just one of those quirky things that happened that unfortunately pretty much cost Day 2 strokes, Spieth a stroke, DJ a stroke or two and probably a lot of others some strokes. These guys will get their revenge tomorrow. They're going to score the daylights out of this course on Sunday with 5-10mph winds.

I didn't disrespect anyone, didn't call anyone names, didn't attack or belittle anyone.. Let's pretend for a second that my opinion is crazy and maybe it is.. Point out where I'm being a jerk or being a dick?

Was it immature yeah, and he admitted it and I commend him for it.. I don't mind it.. If anything at least we got the conversation going in this thread and there were some good points made.. Other than that football cancels their games because of winds that is :)

That is called "trolling", given the number of years you've been a member here I'd expect that you at least denote in your post that you were trying to be sarcastic or outrageous.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They are professionals.. Deal with it.. What are they going to cry? :)

You have no understanding of the rules of the game do you?

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/620_10#post_1171172"] Not immature and dead on accurate. You, Eyad, are acting like a jerk and the funny part is that you appear to have no understanding of the situation to boot. Your "jokes" don't even make sense.

I didn't disrespect anyone, didn't call anyone names, didn't attack or belittle anyone.. Let's pretend for a second that my opinion is crazy and maybe it is.. Point out where I'm being a jerk or being a dick? Was it immature yeah, and he admitted it and I commend him for it.. I don't mind it.. If anything at least we got the conversation going in this thread and there were some good points made.. Other than that football cancels their games because of winds that is :)[/quote] NFL games have been called due to fog that golfers would play in. A Bears Eagles playoff game IIRC. Are you going to call them wusses too? Rules are designed to create fair play in golf. If the ball cannot remain still on the green, they postpone play.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The course is tough enough, I can't imagine playing in those winds.

One of the comments that the announcers made is the problem related to the winds was the stimp rating of the greens were too fast and could hold the ball in place.  They said they were playing at 10.5, so why not water them down so they slow enough to hold the ball?

Joe Paradiso

No.. I'm not an expert I admit it.. Have you seen the rule book? Do you know every decision and every rule for every situation? If you do, I commend you.. But if you don't I fail to understand your post.. As for everyone else who is upset I'm sorry.. I mentioned it was a rant and in subsequent posts that I was having fun all to no avail.. Can we move on?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Are there written down rules for weather conditions in the rules of golf? Or maybe for the tours?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I know this likely isn't within the ROG but imo any holes played today should be replayed. The group at 11 never finished their hole due to high winds causing the ball to roll around on the green so at that point the officials should have stopped all play on the course.  If it was a lightning strike at 11, they would have cleared the course.  Some guys like Day were forced to play while those on 11 were suspended and Day ended up 3 putting on  the two holes because of the winds. When play resumes, there will be 4 groups piled up on 11 waiting to tee off, they would just be better off rewinding and starting everyone off from where they were before the wind delay.

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/600_40#post_1171178"] Not sure Brendan Todd would agree with you there. ;). After they called play he finished and parred 18 to make the cut on the number. :)[/quote]Todd lucked out, he 3 putt bogeyed the 2 holes prior or wouldn't have been in that position. He was pissed but can you imagine if he'd have missed by a stroke? Man. As for cancelling this morning's results, I too wish there were a way to make it happen; it was a big FU on the R&A;'s part to start the round and as a result a few players lost strokes. But that's part of the deal. Gotta love Spieth's attitude, even though he 3 putted 14 due to the wind, he looks at it like he gained ground on the field. That kid is something special.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Are there written down rules for weather conditions in the rules of golf? Or maybe for the tours?

There are rules about oscillating balls but it appears that you can putt a ball that is oscillating but you have to be careful not to cause it to move yourself. When the wind is blowing that hard the players don't want to take chances.

Tiger is on a bogey run.

I wonder how many % of the balls the left rough on 17 has seen.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Todd lucked out, he 3 putt bogeyed the 2 holes prior or wouldn't have been in that position. He was pissed but can you imagine if he'd have missed by a stroke? Man. As for cancelling this morning's results, I too wish there were a way to make it happen; it was a big FU on the R&A;'s part to start the round and as a result a few players lost strokes. But that's part of the deal. Gotta love Spieth's attitude, even though he 3 putted 14 due to the wind, he looks at it like he gained ground on the field. That kid is something special.

Part of the deal, yup. :)

Spieth needs to make birdie here. 5-under is in it...4 under is gonna be tough given the easy weather conditions forecasted tomorrow. I expect DJ to crucify this place tomorrow with no wind.

Spieth needs to make birdie here. 5-under is in it...4 under is gonna be tough given the easy weather conditions forecasted tomorrow. I expect DJ to crucify this place tomorrow with no wind.

On paper, yes.

Riley

Note: This thread is 3044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!