IGNORED

2015 Wyndham Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I haven't had a chance to watch any golf so far this week but it was pretty cool to just pull up the scoreboard and see Tiger's name at the top. I'll be watching and rooting for him this weekend, it would be a great story if he can play his way into the playoffs.

I had a feeling at the beginning of the week that he might be able to compete on this course since it's not overly long or penal off the tee (but I definitely wasn't expecting this showing). I don't know but I'm guessing he's taking more 3 woods off the tee? and the putts that have just been missing for him the past few months have started to drop. Either way, I hope the good play continues. It would be amazing for golf if we could have the likes of Rory, Spieth, and Day all entering their prime at the same Tiger finds his game again.

Also, really cool to see DL III up there. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

I'm not a hater..he has done a great deal for this great game. I don't care for woods because he squandered his reputation and legacy for some strange..I hope it was worth it. Guys that rise to his level of accomplishment should strive to be role models for future generations..not alley cats. clinton is cut from the same cloth..honorable men, men of character, have occupied the Oval Office..clinton is trash, and so is woods.

Glad to know there are perfect guys like you around that I can look up to...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You are putting your own moral standards on Woods. So he was a womanizer.....geez he is so awful and is trash! What a child like view of the world.

[quote name="Ping" url="/t/83943/2015-wyndham-championship-discussion-thread/100_20#post_1188767"]I'm not a hater..he has done a great deal for this great game. I don't care for woods because he squandered his reputation and legacy for some strange..I hope it was worth it. Guys that rise to his level of accomplishment should strive to be role models for future generations..not alley cats. clinton is cut from the same cloth..honorable men, men of character, have occupied the Oval Office..clinton is trash, and so is woods.

Glad to know there are perfect guys like you around that I can look up to...[/quote] [quote name="Duff McGee" url="/t/83943/2015-wyndham-championship-discussion-thread/108#post_1188810"]You are putting your own moral standards on Woods. So he was a womanizer.....geez he is so awful and is trash! What a child like view of the world.[/quote] just ignore him... his "need" to toss his political commentary into this thread is illuminating... on topic: what happens today? while WOODS at the top of the leaderboard (and it is REALLY GOOD to see that), it is relatively tightly packed at the top, and given what we've seen of him in the past 2 years, 74 is just as likely as 64... i think tiger manages another "decent" round (66/67?), but someone in the top 15 puts up a 63/64 to take lead into sunday... also, it is nice to see chad campbell's name up there...

just ignore him... his "need" to toss his political commentary into this thread is illuminating...

on topic: what happens today? while WOODS at the top of the leaderboard (and it is REALLY GOOD to see that), it is relatively tightly packed at the top, and given what we've seen of him in the past 2 years, 74 is just as likely as 64...

i think tiger manages another "decent" round (66/67?), but someone in the top 15 puts up a 63/64 to take lead into sunday...

also, it is nice to see chad campbell's name up there...

I am tentative to think Tiger can string together 4 solid rounds in a row. Do I wish, yes. Believe, no.

I am hoping Carl Petterrson pulls it off

Not me. I don't want to see that broomstick anywhere the leader board ever again. I cannot believe Carl and Adam are still dragging those things around still....

[QUOTE name="ccotenj" url="/t/83943/2015-wyndham-championship-discussion-thread/108#post_1188847"] just ignore him... his "need" to toss his political commentary into this thread is illuminating... on topic: what happens today? while WOODS at the top of the leaderboard (and it is REALLY GOOD to see that), it is relatively tightly packed at the top, and given what we've seen of him in the past 2 years, 74 is just as likely as 64... i think tiger manages another "decent" round (66/67?), but someone in the top 15 puts up a 63/64 to take lead into sunday... also, it is nice to see chad campbell's name up there...[/QUOTE] I am tentative to think Tiger can string together 4 solid rounds in a row. Do I wish, yes. Believe, no. [QUOTE name="mtsalmela80" url="/t/83943/2015-wyndham-championship-discussion-thread/108#post_1188852"]   I am hoping Carl Petterrson pulls it off [/QUOTE] Not me. I don't want to see that broomstick anywhere the leader board ever again. I cannot believe Carl and Adam are still dragging those things around still....

i'm in the same spot as you are with tiger... 10 years ago, you could have engraved his name on the trophy right now... but i'm still in "hope for 4 solid rounds, but need to actually see it before i believe it" mode... re: broomstick... carl (and adam) are cashing as many checks as they can before changing... i think i would do the same... fortunately in another couple of months we won't see that thing anymore... :-) re: kaymer... as good a chance as anyone... we know he's got plenty of game, and when his flat stick gets going, it is a thing of beauty to watch him putt...

What does anyone think of kaymers chances?

I think he will make a decent showing but his game is not completely there this year. I suspect he will maintain but not advance his position....IMHO...

I suspect you may be right. Although he is capable as we know.

Almost all the guys are capable. Keeping it together year after year is the hard part. When he gets on a streak he is almost unbeatable but he is a consistently decent player with occasional weeks of beyond great playing. Just cannot keep his game in the beyond great area for any consistency.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface

A win is a win. Especially if you have been struggling.  Confidence.  It is not easy to win on the PGA tour.  For all the talk about Jordan Spieth....u win would have thought he has won 10 times in 2015......it's only 4.  4 used to be a below avg. season for Tiger.

Yawn..............Two of Jordan's wins are the same tournaments Eldrick missed the cut on.

Wow.

I'll take irrelevancies for $600, Alex.

"The answer is 15"

Buzz

"How many years as a pro did it take for Tiger to miss as many cuts in majors as Spieth had in his first 2 years as a pro, in majors?"

"Correct, for $600.  Chose the next answer"

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger19

Haters going to hate. Do I hear a little jealousy? Sorry there is only one Tiger.

You need to cool it down with the Tiger homerism. You're going a bit overboard. I'm actually trying to root for Tiger this week and you're making me second guess myself.

Really? Where was the "cool it" for the guy talking about Tiger's 4 hour erection?  Tad one-sided, are we?

Eldrick... that's his real name.  A lot of people use it on forums to make it seem like they are real fans, as most people don't know Tiger's real name.

I have never heard anyone use Eldrick for any reason other than as a put-down.  No one uses it to seem like a real fan.  I do not know what circles you travel in, but I've been on a lot of forums, dating back to the 90s in the usenet days(rec.sports.golf - annika1980 where are you?), the TGC discussion boards, and I have never seen Tigers fans using Eldrick.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Is calling him Eldeick supposed to be an insult?

It is helpful when people use "Eldrick" because it allows identification of a "holier than thou right wing christian", generalized long time hater of Tiger (possibly racially motivated) in general that you cannot speak logic to (kind of like religion or political conversation) or a plain old troll.........sometimes all three...

I suggest you limit conversation and responses and move on....

You forgot hypocrite. Just sayin'. Most throw stones types are a foot tap away from getting busted trying to pick up a trucker at a rest stop.

Dave :-)

Wow.

I'll take irrelevancies for $600, Alex.

"The answer is 15"

Buzz

"How many years as a pro did it take for Tiger to miss as many cuts in majors as Spieth had in his first 2 years as a pro, in majors?"

"Correct, for $600.  Chose the next answer"

Really? Where was the "cool it" for the guy talking about Tiger's 4 hour erection?  Tad one-sided, are we?

1) Let's not forget Spieth turned pro a couple years before Tiger. Not saying Spieth is going to have a run like Tiger did with cuts made, but he's likely to be closer to Tiger than Rory or Phil as far as cuts made.

2) I am a bit one-sided rooting for Tiger to win and others to lose. Sorry...I would like to see Tiger get into the playoffs. Just saying.

Eldrick with the outright lead!  (and I'm using his name out of respect).

Say what you want about his personal life, it's electrifying to see the greats in any sport do well.  As long as they don't cheat like many roided-up baseball players and Tom Brady, it's all good (to a certain degree of course as well).

Eldrick with the outright lead!  (and I'm using his name out of respect).

Say what you want about his personal life, it's electrifying to see the greats in any sport do well.  As long as they don't cheat like many roided-up baseball players and Tom Brady, it's all good (to a certain degree of course as well).

Tom Brady's cheating is sketchy at best.

It is helpful when people use "Eldrick" because it allows identification of a "holier than thou right wing christian", generalized long time hater of Tiger (possibly racially motivated) in general that you cannot speak logic to (kind of like religion or political conversation) or a plain old troll.........sometimes all three...

I suggest you limit conversation and responses and move on....

Boy I sure do love double standards....

:no:

Like Chris P said.   I am actually pulling for Tiger despite the fact that I have money on several other players,  but things like this make it a bit harder....

Note: This thread is 3185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!