IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (September 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went to a really crappy range at a golf course that looked like a goat path with teeny greens. The "grass" range (dirt) only was 130 long and uphill. So I worked on partial wedge shots using 8 -PW. They had a little bunker too, so I worked on sand shots and fairway bunker shots. The coyote that went across the range looked like an omen, but all went well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit the range with the 7 iron again working on my turn. Hit a lot of solid draws. Im pleased with the overall session.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Watched @cbrian 's video earlier today at work. On the way home, stopped at my course and putted for 20 minutes, working on looking at speed first and then line. I deliberately did this with primarily 15' putts so I'd have a chance to make them, but wouldn't expect to drain everything, but would be disappointed with any three putts from that distance.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I puttied again today indoors working on aligning and hitting my line.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I puttied again today indoors working on aligning and hitting my line.

Good move. This will prevent water from getting into your golf bag. ;-)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

7Sept15 -

Practiced short game inside 30 yards. Worked on level chips, and then practiced on getting ball uphill: both 8i chips and short AW pitches.

Both types of shots - i need to make sure the left hand smoothly leads the shot through the impact point. If right hand takes over, I end up 15 feet short of cup.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Good move. This will prevent water from getting into your golf bag. ;-)

Too funny! Thanks, that made my day. (honestly I can hardly see the 'i" on this small screen) I putted today ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

5 minutes with the swing fan.  I know the knocks against it, but I use it as resistance training and it seems to reinforce lag.  With intermittent use, my coach is happy with the lag I am getting in my swing.

Full swings indoors.  Just relaxed and did smooth swings, trying to implement what I have been working on.  A test if you will.

Results:  Nice tempo.  Good shoulder turn.  Start the swing with hip slide.  Head is still.  Brush the carpet.  Left elbow folds on follow through.  Overall, the swing mechanics feel pretty good.  A few hundred thousand more reps and I am good to go...

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

15 minutes of swinging a fan type club to work on my sequencing trying to steepen the swing again.

My round yesterday was mostly low screaming shots. Getting too flat looking at some on course video. Think it's "laziness".

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

9/8/15: Worked on contact with 7-PW this morning.... Trying to keep my right elbow in contact with my right side.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

15 minutes of swinging a fan type club to work on my sequencing trying to steepen the swing again.

My round yesterday was mostly low screaming shots. Getting too flat looking at some on course video. Think it's "laziness".

The screaming low shots were me picking up my head too soon. Kind of like EE. I tested this out on the range, and waited a moment longer than impact and my ball flight returned to a reasonable flight again.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Outside ... beginning my first leg of a golf trip ... practiced aim point reading prior to playing 18.

Played 9 holes today, shot +1.  I didn't hit many greens, but they were all nGIR.  So I scrambled all right.  I worked a lot on tempo at the top of my swing, and making sure it is a smooth transition.  My wedges were hit well, they were just a tad off line which is easy enough to fix.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Indoor swings with a new device, the swing click.  Straps to your left forearm.  Metal rod and a metal cylinder that slides.  When you go back, the cylinder slides down from the end towards your wrist to the end towards your elbow.  The idea is to pause at the top of your swing, hear the click and then start the down swing.  If you don't pause, it won't slide and you don't click.  I don't really have a problem most of the time, but I can get a bit quick.  This keeps you from getting quick.

Later in the day, outdoor swings over grass, no ball.  Driver and 4h.  Nice and fast but smooth.  Full shoulder turn, hip slide/turn.  Club head speed feels really good.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Okay, last week I figured out how to get the time in on Tuesdays, and today I followed suit. 25 minutes putting after work and before my usual Tuesday evening commitment. The holes on the putting green today were in a few odd positions, which normally makes me dread the practice. Today it made me excited because I could continue where I left off yesterday: I did 10' and 15' putts, focusing on speed and line *in that order*. I think it means I'm really working on putting [i]routine[/i].

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!