IGNORED

NHL 2015-16 Season

pumaAttack
Note: This thread is 2865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Really, they already have quite a bit. The frequency and sheer force of hits is way down from what it used to be. Most of the hits we see suspended today, wouldn't have even been questioned 10 to 15 years ago. Anyone here remember the Scott Stevens hit on Kozlov in 1995? It was a hit that absolutely set the tone for the Devils' Stanley Cup win. Today, that's a multi-game suspension.

Well, I'm talking about how the game might evolve.  I agree that the more vicious kind of hits are way down from the 80's and 90's when I first started watching hockey but I could see how if former players start getting the attention of the media and file lawsuits and the such like the former NFL players did, certain types of hits that the league currently allows, whether by letter of the law or not, would be changed to protect the league from further potential financial lawsuits.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Well, I'm talking about how the game might evolve.  I agree that the more vicious kind of hits are way down from the 80's and 90's when I first started watching hockey but I could see how if former players start getting the attention of the media and file lawsuits and the such like the former NFL players did, certain types of hits that the league currently allows, whether by letter of the law or not, would be changed to protect the league from further potential financial lawsuits.

It's a definite trend in that direction anyway. The product right now isn't bad in my opinion, but people might push it a bit too far and hurt the game in the process. Hockey needs some edge to it. Drop-in hockey is fun to play, but I wouldn't watch it. 

3 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

It's a definite trend in that direction anyway. The product right now isn't bad in my opinion, but people might push it a bit too far and hurt the game in the process. Hockey needs some edge to it. Drop-in hockey is fun to play, but I wouldn't watch it. 

I agree with the bolded part.  As I'm sure is quite evident, I have never been fond of games where there's no defense, regardless of the sport, which is one of the reasons I've never liked the Pro Bowl and the such. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

47 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

Pens fire Mike Johnston. I wish the Blues would follow suit and can Hitchcock's ass!

Why? They're second in probably the best division in the NHL... 

7 minutes ago, tmac20 said:

Why? They're second in probably the best division in the NHL... 

There is no probably about it being the best division in the NHL. Unless you want to replace best with toughest. As far as Hitchcock goes, he has had 4 years to get the Blues past the the 1st round of the playoffs and has failed miserably. His coaching style is so outdated it's not even funny anymore. Every year he says we are going to play a more uptempo style and use the speed and skill we have. You can't believe one single thing that comes out of his Fat mouth. In the 4 years he has been here, this being his 5th. He has NEVER taken responsibility for a team loss. It's always the players fault for not buying into the dump and chase game that he demands that they play.He refuses to make adjustments when other teams do. I don't care if the Blues win their next 20 games in a row. I I want him gone like last year,  

This is the first time in more than five years the Oilers have been in a playoff spot in December.  If only the season ended tomorrow...

Corey

13 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

This is the first time in more than five years the Oilers have been in a playoff spot in December.  If only the season ended tomorrow...

Not too shabby with your famous McDavid on the shelf. When are they expecting him back?

13 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Not too shabby with your famous McDavid on the shelf. When are they expecting him back?

At the moment, McDavids entire line is on IR. 

As for his return date, there's still nothing being mentioned.  He's been out since the first week of November.  I'm hoping that by the end of January he'll be back at 100%.   Fighting for a playoff spot or not, I'm praying he's not rushed back.  It's happened enough  during the old Oiler regime.  

Corey

On December 12, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Natural Patrick said:

There is no probably about it being the best division in the NHL. Unless you want to replace best with toughest. As far as Hitchcock goes, he has had 4 years to get the Blues past the the 1st round of the playoffs and has failed miserably. His coaching style is so outdated it's not even funny anymore. Every year he says we are going to play a more uptempo style and use the speed and skill we have. You can't believe one single thing that comes out of his Fat mouth. In the 4 years he has been here, this being his 5th. He has NEVER taken responsibility for a team loss. It's always the players fault for not buying into the dump and chase game that he demands that they play.He refuses to make adjustments when other teams do. I don't care if the Blues win their next 20 games in a row. I I want him gone like last year,  

In Dallas, the players did not like him either. He had to get it done through a group of the veteran players - Hitch told them what he wanted, and they filtered it down to the team.

Dallas looks like a fun team this year - making plans over the break to get decent tickets for my 9 yr old son and I to attend a game ... and a Mavericks game.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

19 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

In Dallas, the players did not like him either. He had to get it done through a group of the veteran players - Hitch told them what he wanted, and they filtered it down to the team.

Dallas looks like a fun team this year - making plans over the break to get decent tickets for my 9 yr old son and I to attend a game ... and a Mavericks game.

Dallas Stars fun huh? Ton of fun on Saturday night. Really happy the Habs don't have to play them again. 

Anyone watch the first instalment of "The Road to the Winter Classic"...basically the same as when HBO did 24-7 on it....I love watching it. Hoping Santa brings the Habs a win, and some healthy players.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• 2 weeks later...

This has nothing to do with the NHL, so sorry.

If any of you are ever confronted with something called the Federal Hockey League, turn around and run the other way. Bunch of good people just got jobbed here in Dayton.

There are too many Habs fans on this thread, eh?

What the Eff has happened to the Rangers D? And there overall speed has decreased over the last month or so, they look like their legs are made of lead..

dak4n6

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, dak4n6 said:

What the Eff has happened to the Rangers D? And there overall speed has decreased over the last month or so, they look like their legs are made of lead..

Henrik hasn't been playing as well as he normally does. The Rangers D is the same as it always was. The goalie's just not bailing them out left and right.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!