IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

A friend came down from New York to Evansville, IN for July 4. We ended up playing down at Cambridge. I shot 43, 39 for an 82. It was probably the best round i've played since last summer. On the front, I had a 2-hole stretch where I went double, quad. So, that sucked. Also, I made 3 birdies in 5 holes, but burned edges and lipped-out about 5 more. All in all, very pleased with the way I played.

In my bag:

DRIVER: 905T w/ Fujikura E360 Shaft
3 Wood 906 F4 w/ Aldila Proto "By You"
Irons: MP 30 w/ Rifle 5.5 Wedges Oil Can 50*, Vokey SM 54* and 58*Putter: C-06

front 49
back 51

It started rough...10 (water) then an 8 (OB) then 5 pars in a row. On the back I just plain got tired and struggled all the way.

BUT, I am feeling it.

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

Shot a 51/52. No blow up holes, and that's what my goal for yesterday was. Drives are still slicing when I try to hit it hard, but I got into a relaxed smooth swing pattern. Still cant putt for anything, leaving everything between 6 in and 2 feet short, but that will come with practice.

Played 2 rounds on the 9 Hole - Par 34 Course.

Shot 41, and 43 - 84 from 68.

Double Bogey'd the last hole after hitting my first ball into the Water, managed to get up and down with 3rd from the tee. Best score so far is 40, so If I managed to nail it first time and save Par, I'd have scored 39, but cannot complain too much.

After shooting a horrendous 105 on Monday in a round that I should have taken a rain check on....

Shot a 90. This is a tie for my personal best. I dropped 7 1-putts and had 2 3-putts for a pretty good (really good for me) 31 putts. I also had 2 birdies. Both 3-putts were inexcusable missed tap-ins.

My handicap is teetering on 20. Hopefully it will crack 20 after 1 or two more rounds.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

Played the University of Michigan Golf Course for the first time today. A very nice Alister MacKenzie design. Had troubles with the putter. Had one very nice 35 footer from off the green. Finished with 103. Ok for me playing it for the 1st time.

94, but that includes a birdie 3 at hole 8, hcp3.

Since the ball flight I've been working on getting lately has been a draw, I've achieved it at the course as of today. Unfortunately, old habits die hard and for most of the first 5 non-par-3s, I lined up against the left side and drew it. Played out of the left rough most of the front. Played the par-5s horribly too.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As usual when I play Woodmont Golf Club, I played the back nine in more than 10 strokes less than the front nine. This time, I went 55-42=97.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

45. I was not getting off the tee well, but my short game saved me except for one 3 jab from 6'. DOH!!! On the bright side, my opponent who was giving me a stroke shot 59! I felt bad for him, but not till after we were done.

- Shane

I shot a 78, today, including one eagle and one birdie. Best ball striking, maybe ever and that's not an exaggeration. Never took out the driver, instead, used three different hybrids off the tee. Best day in a very long time.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Β 

Ball-White and Round

Β 

Shot a nasty 95 today. Could only hit 4 fairways and it hasnt been that bad in awhile. Missing greens left and right and had 4 GIRS also. Had a really slow few groups in front of me that didn't help at all.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I just got back from 18 at a local course. I went 41/41 for an 82 overall. It looks consistent on paper but couldn't be farther from the truth. I had 21 putts on the front 9 and only 14 on the back! I even birdied the 18th with a sweet 115 yard approach shot that left me with an easy tap in.

I ended up hitting 9 GIR's and only 3 fairways. My approach shots were spot on and my wedge game around the green was excellent.

Overall it was a pretty good day, this was the first time out with the MP-67's and man are they sweet. I just have to work on the putting a bit and hopefully I'll be able to reach my goal of breaking 80 by the end of the summer!
Driver: ZL 10.5⁰
Fairway: Burner 15⁰/19⁰
Irons: MP-67
Wedges: 1018 52⁰/56⁰/60⁰
Putter: Byron Morgan 007xBall: Pro V1x

Shot a 57 today only my fourth time out in a long time and my first time with my new cci irons i hit them well even though i had 4 terrible drives.

In my bag:

Driver: G5
3 wood: Big Bertha Fusion
5 wood: burner Irons: cci cast 4-PW,AWWedge: SV 56*Putter: Ignite 001

Strange round yesterday.

Par 73/ slope 149, I shot 104, 59 front 9 and 46 back 9, but I'm still happy with the round. Reason being I hit it very good once I got my grip in order. I hooked the first 10 or so holes until I found that my club was shut at adress. Once I got it square I started hitting very good. Even a few 4i shots that were a beauty to feel and watch.

A lot of wind, mostly against us, so I struggled with distance control, especially since I'm hitting it high and recently changed my swing so my distances are all messed up. The wind was the biggest culprit. Putting was not so good since this was a course with very fast greens compared to what I normally play on.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Played the back 9 for league last night. Had a decent round going (2 mistakes had me at 2 over through 4) until my tee shot on 14 found a soft area in the right rough and plugged with a nice tuft of grass behind the ball. All I could do is top it as far as possible. Ended up with double bogey there and started to press on the next hole thinking my match was in trouble. Ended up shooting 5 over 41 and won my match 6 1/2 - 3 1/2.

Shot 85 in my states Publinx qaulifer yesterday. Big disapointment for me.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball