IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Had a 36 hole tournament off the black tees today.
Shot 81 round 1 then 75 second round.
This course is 6550 metres(7200 yards) from the blacks, so I thought I played ok

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Shot a disappointing round of Par 72 today, poor considering on that course I've shot a 66 before. :(

2011 Bag: Yonex EZONE, PRGR Egg/Spoons, Yururi Irons, LIMITED HEARTS Wedges by Master Sasaya and Scotty Cameron putter. see below.

I have recently started golfing again after a couple of years of no playing. I have never been any good but I've made a commitment to get better and play consistently. I now play twice a week.

I am an honest golfer however and take no liberties as far as the rules go on the course. So with that said, I shot a 102 day before yesterday. which is about 10 strokes better than the week before, and about 25 strokes better since I started back about 3 months ago.

In my Titleist stand bag

Ping G5 Driver
Ping G5 3w
Adams tight lies 7wTommy Armour 845 3-PWPurespin SWOdyssey Putter

Yesterday, I shot 104 (par 72, with rating of 70.2/128)!!! (What a Sh!tty round).
Today, I shot 75 (par 72, with rating of 72.2/135)

Go figure! I played a lot better on a harder course.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

86 (44/42) Cedar Hill CC in absolutely ideal weather. They had just aerated and had just re-seeded around the greens to give it that chip-it-off-the-interstate feel.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

Had been struggling at my local par 72 127 ish slope rated courses (89, 92 last two rounds). So I took it upon myself to inject some swing self-esteem into my game and went out to play at the 114 slope rated par 69 Navy course. I appeared to be on fuego! I shot 8 over.... a 77! Previous best at that course for me was a 78 and a 79 so I am pretty much high as a kite right now.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Squareback #2... pimped out at the custom shop!
Driver: Adams Speedline Fast10 draw, Wasabe Adila S Flex
Irons: Mizuno MP-58's 4-GW and also play the Adams CB-1's 5-GW w/ KBS soft stepped shafts
Wedge: Mizuno mp T-10 56/13
Wedge: Ping Tour 54/11Hybrid: Adams Idea black 21...

89 (40/49) at my "home" course. Played the front really well, no disaster holes (double bogey or more) and managed to birdie the 1st hole with a fringe putt. My driver was all over today will several slices, which hasn't happened in a long time; usually I hook it if anything.

As for the back 9, I can't call it. The tempo for the round was all over the place today, I was trailing a foursome who spent all day drunk as a skunk. They were leaving clubs at the greens, headcovers falling all over the place, etc. And they were in two carts - you know how THAT goes. Still, I did some bonehead mistakes. I bogeyed every hole except for 15 (triple), 17 (double), 18 (double). 18 was particularly bad. Par 5 with water on left of green and bunker on right. Hit 8 iron but pushed it further right of that bunker. I had a small pitch but had to go over the bunker as the pin was behind it. Hit a nice shot but it had little spin so when it hit it just kept going forward and DUNK! into the drink. I was so pissed, I could have just played it to the right and settled for 2 putt bogey.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Saturday I shot a 93.....not a good day
Sunday I shot a 92.....still not a good day
Monday I shot a 90....at least i have been consistent this week......all three rounds were crappy!

But a crappy day on the course is better than a good day elswhere.

Shot a round of 77 today on a Par 72, awful! First time I've played the course of a year, though.

2011 Bag: Yonex EZONE, PRGR Egg/Spoons, Yururi Irons, LIMITED HEARTS Wedges by Master Sasaya and Scotty Cameron putter. see below.

84 (+12) with 71% fairways, 44% GIR and 36 putts.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

If you're a 4 handicap, how is 5 over awful?

Oh sorry I must says; the coruse is one of my favourites and it's easy Par 72; My best when I played regularly there last season was a 67, so like I say, for this course it was bad! But that was shot when played I every day almost for 4 or 5 months, so got used to course very well and could shoot a round that excellent. So compared to then my round was awful today, but usually on any other course, great!

They switched pro-shop hours for the Fall so I couldn't grab a score card, but I was +2 through 4 (par 5, 3, 4, 4) so an 18. That is by far the best I have ever played in my life. I only had time for 4 holes before work since I was walking. Oh well hopefully this will be a trend and I will kill it this weekend.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

Not today, but last time I played I was +17 over 17 holes (I am playing really well when I play bogey golf) and it started to rain hard on 18. Topped a drive into the trees and sliced my provisional into either the next fairway or some trees. Wasn't playing the rules of golf strictly so just dropped one around where I thought the 2nd one should be. By this time it was teeming, couldn't get a good grip and flubbed it into the next lateral hazard. Then I decided the hole wasn't worth playing, and pretty much impossible to play anyways. Heard some thunder as well. So I'll say I scored +17 for 17 holes. Cheating? I don't have a handicap or anything so I think thats fair under the conditions (though maybe should have just not played 18 whatsoever).

Shot a +8 80 playing with my brother at Callippe Preserve in Pleasanton, CA. Struck the ball very well all day. Had a 20 footer for eagle on the third hole (that I didn't make), which was awesome to have such a good look at the big bird (I've never eagled, sort of a mental block thing). Had a stretch of 4 bogeys on the back where each one was just a slight mental mistake that I executed properly (bad shot choice into a green, poor club selection). Made a couple quality pars along the way for a solid round. Just didn't drop any putts today. 6 FIR, 9 GIR, 35 putts.

You ever just feel in control on a given day? That's how I felt today.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

83 (+11) with 93% fairways (yay!) and 28% GIR (boo!) and 34 putts. Left two birdie putts on the lip and my irons were lousy. On plus side, made two of three sand saves and drove like Jehovah. The one fairway I missed all day was by about two feet in the left short cut.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

3 out of 12 up and down
32 putts

2 birdies
8 bogies

I spend 5 hours working on the short game and I am seeing some results. I am more confident with my overall game, I need to continue to work on the short game and distance control

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1