1 triple (OB)

3 doubles

5 bogeys

8 pars

1 birdie

37 putts

9 GIR

New HC 12.6. When the HC system changes on wed it'll be 11.6

Was running at -5 (nett) with 6 holes to go (after 7 straight pars) and started spraying it a bit.

On another day I might've had 4-6 more putts drop in instead of lip out.

Back to the practice mat....

Played nine holes today and shot 34 (one under). Easily the greatest day of golf in my life. 2 birdies 6 pars 1 bogey 14 putts I owe much of this success to watching Shawn Clement on YouTube. Amazing instructor.

I shot an 84(+12) yesterday at Maumee Bay Golf Links. Went 40-44. Had three doubles, had three penalty strokes, all were on the holes I doubled. Conditions were just brutal. It was right up on Lake Erie, and it was windy as hell. The front was windy, but fairly easy. The back however, just flat out brutal. Every hole was a battle. I hit a 5 iron from 145 on one hole, and a PW from 150 on another. A couple drives I really got a hold of, weren't even 210 yards haha. Some 390 yard par 4's played like 450 yarders. It was really fun though, I guess since I played pretty well.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

shot 81 with a double and a triple ( on a 283 yard par 4, duffed a chip, then bladed the next one) good day except for the 2 blunder holes. take 2 or 3 of those + strokes out of those two holes and I'm back under 80 where I belong.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

90. Great for me. I got a new putter just before the round and I didn't three putt once today. Three and four putting normally puts a hurting on my scores.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

86 on a pretty tough course today, right around 7000 yards and the firmest, slickest greens that i personally have ever played.  if you think you might have left it short, it's going to get to the hole.  if you think you hit it just right, it's going 5 feet past.  if you think "i hit that a little too hard," you might be as far past as 10 or 12 feet.

I shot "fun" on Saturday.

It was only my 3rd round back since the neck herniation.

Normally I'm obsessive about keeping score, but I was with my younger son who hasn;t played a real course since he was 10 or 11 yrs old, so we played modified best ball to keep the pace of play reasonable for the hacker behind us. Boy did his game ever improve in the last few trips to the range.

Son G had his fair share of "best balls" for his relatively rookie status on an actual course. Fortunately, for me or I'd have been hitting out of the woods on a couple of occasions. NTTAWT.

Great fun. He even managed a GIR on a 97 pard par 3, borrowing the ancient Daiwa 11-iron "Sand Wedge of Awesomeness."

Great late-summer fall golf day.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

I shot 39-44 this morning. That's the first time I've ever been in the thirties!

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids 16*, 22*, 25*

Callaway XR Irons 6-AW

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54*,59*, 64*

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Rossie Putter

Bag Boy Revolver LE bag

Bag Boy Quad cart

38-34 for a 1 over 72. Gave away some strokes by not making putts inside of 7 feet. Hit the driver extremely well today

Driver:  R9 Supertri 10.5* -  909D3 9.5*

2 Hybrid:  2009 TP Rescue 17*

Irons:  R9 TP 3-PW

Wedges:  Vokey 54* & 60*

Putter:  2Ball Vline 34"

Originally Posted by stevejason

I shot 39-44 this morning. That's the first time I've ever been in the thirties!

Congrats! Net 53 is alright.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a really bad 41(+6) at The Sanctuary. Played alot better than the score shows. Should've been in the 30's for sure. Missed a green that I was 110 yards out on and bogied it. Was 100 yards out in two on par 5 #7 and doubled it. Should've been an easy par. Three strokes right there that would've got me down to a 38. Then I three-putt two greens which would've saved me at least another two strokes and would've put me in the 36-37 range. Really, really frustrated with how poorly I executed a couple easy shots today.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

I love the Sanctuary, use to play it way back when it was Bob O' Link, really nice course..

Shot a 39 (+3), 4 bogies, 1 birdie, 4 pars, 1 three putt. Overall a very solid round.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Another great start...to be ruined. +1 thru 4. Then I double 14, par 15, then double the last three for a 44. I think I'm going to explode. I swear I ruin every chance I have at a good round. I ****ing double 4 of the last 5 holes. Like wtf. Can I please get my head out of my ass and finish a god damn 9. Last two 9's should've easily been in the 30's and I ****ing come away with a 41 and 44.

#finishadamnround

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

39 (+4), 5 bogies, 1 birdie, 3 pars, 2-three putts.

Overall decent day, should have been a 2 over day, three putting is not excusable. The swing is getting very solid now, i really have figured out what i was doing wrong and right, and really am focusing well on the right. If i can keep it in play, my irons are becomming solid. Should be fun to keep this going.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Wasn't sure if I'd be able to play today with the heavy rain in the forecast. But managed to finish all 18. I shot an 85 (par 71). Was striking the ball very well for the most part, had a few poor shots but what killed me was the putting. Combination of recently aerated greens, and the excessive rain recently made for very slow greens...kept leaving putts short. Highlight of the round was an eagle on the par4 13th. Holed it from about 110yards. Was my first eagle of the year. Walked to the 19th hole and the rain started to come down hard...just barely got my round in.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

well, not exactly my personal score for the day, but my father and i were practicing for a scramble tournament coming up this weekend and managed a 29 on the front nine holes, which was far and away the best we've ever done.  i jinxed us at the turn by saying "we might be able to shoot 59 if we keep this up."  we fell into steady pars for the remaining nine and wound up with 64, which was still a personal best in of itself (our previous best had been 65).

84 (43+41) at Westwood (par 70; blue tees; 5810yds; 67.7/114).

A fun round that felt like I played to my expected level - some good (two birdies; two up-and-downs for par), some bad (five three putts, twice after a GIR).

The stats:

4 doubles

8 bogeys

4 pars

2 birdies

6 fairways

6 GIR

No penalties

36 putts

...and LOTS of fun... :)