IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 88 this weekend.  With the 79 last week, my handicap is trending up.  88 was a weird round.  72% fairways (92% including first cut), but 38% GIR.  All the iron shots were pretty much on the line I wanted, just short or long.  My favorite was when I grabbed a 7-iron without thinking from 100 yards.  Hit it nice and pure and left myself a 65 yarder coming back.  Swing changes still feel weird, but getting used to them.  Putted like a gorilla with 38 putts, and 6  3-putts.  Lost two balls on one hole and made a snowman.  Other than that it was a great round!

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Shot a few under playing the par-3 course.  Just working on stuff so didn't keep track too well.  All pars and birdies.

• Upvote 1

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

72.5cr 137slope par 72 course...

It was 50degrees with a bitter 20mph wind........I struggled on the front and shot 40.  Then I 3putted #10 for another bogey and I'm thinking great...... today is shaping up to be a terrible round.   Then I reel off 5 birdies with no bogeys for the final 8 holes and shoot a 32!!   In fact, I birdied in from #15!!!! gotta love it....40-32=72.  Tough condition and I went on a tear......  My putter was HOT!!!!   fun day....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Shot an 82 today  @ Painted desert Golf Club Las Vegas 43-39 Carrying a 13.0 hdcp wrapping up a good year 2011 new years resolution was to get under a 15 (started the year at a 22) Any suggestions on what helped getting over the hump from a teen to a single digit?

87 (46+41) First full round with a new set of irons (Burner 2.0) and Wilson Fybrid 3W, FY and 4H. Struggled with my long game at first with a triple bogey and a couple of doubles on the front 9 and another triple on 10. I then played the last 8 in 3 over. Chipping and putting was near perfect all round. Didnt make enough GIRs (but I hit a few fringes) but only 26 putts.

80 of Par 72 44 at the front and 36 at the back ! Sigh !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

On a par 3 9 hole course. Lame. Every club I hit was 10 yards short of my "normal" distances for some reason so not a single GIR. Not a happy bunny.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Bad

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

119........ Last week somebody said I should be scoring better..... unless I have the world's worst short game.... Guess what......

Tee shots were decent today. I used mostly my 5 wood with a few 3 woods. No tees, just on the grass... A few moderate slices, but a good deal of dead straight shots to set me up for one birdie that I missed, but saved par. Some of the time, I would duff my irons, which was unusual... That still wasn't the worst. Within 50 yards, nothing.... I mean nothing.... worked. I'd either heel it, or baby it. A few good pitch shots, and one chip that came within inches, but that was it. Then the world's worst short game followed by the world's worst putting game, and I didn't come even close to breaking 100.

I need to find a field to practice chip shots.

I learned one thing, though. I need to ditch my smaller driver and go ahead and get one of the big heads that I've been resisting.... I used my dad's driver... I'll admit that I sliced it and it went OB, but give its good launch angle and overall feel, a straight shot would add quite a lot of distance to my driving game...... Tight Lies 2 Driver... you're days are numbered! ;)

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

92. Hit the ball OK. Cold temps and aerated, sanded greens made it tough to score. Happy with the result and had fun, so it's all good.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

83!  (Shot 45 on the front, terrible outing for the front nine) then shot two over on the back.   Why can't I get more consistent???

Short game, short game, short game.  Followed by concentration on every shot.

Work on your chip shot and anything inside 100 yds so that you'll need only 1 putt--at least 50% of the time.  Also, avoid a big number on any one hole--this is my nemesis.  I lose concentration on one or two holes per round and end up with a double or worse.  Kills my score.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

80 on a par 69. Started and finished poorly. 4 over after 3 and bogied the last 3 too (including a 3 putt on 18). The 12 holes in between I only dropped 4 shots. 7 GIRs (which is very good for me) and a couple of good up and downs so I was really happy overall.

Shot a 44 (+8) on the front 9 of my home course. Driving and irons were good and putting was on, only had 11 putts in 9 holes. Lost strokes due to the short game, which has been one of my stronger areas lately. But the ground was still pretty muddy from the melting snow and I caught too much turf with a number of my pitch shots.

This was interesting today...First round (despite only being 9holes) that I played with snow on the ground. Thank god for yellow golf balls.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

My first round in over a month, had 4 birdies and shot 73. Had two 3 putts and bogeyed a short par 4 from 90 yards. Stupid mistakes from not playing enough but very happy with my driver. Set in a little more axis tilt and made sure to straighten my right leg.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

97 today. I was doing really well but they had successive tripple bogeys on the back 9.

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour