IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

39 (+3)

Par, Bogey, Double, Birdie, Par, Par, Birdie, Par, Double

Played pretty well, definetly left some shots on the course, those two doubles were unwanted errors, easily could be +1 or even par, and i three putted on whole, i should have been near even par. The game is coming together, just got to tighten it up, i let some holes slip away.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A Tale of Two Rounds:

Played yesterday....played horrible. Shot 85 .

Played today....played much better. Shot 78 (39/39).  Hit 8 Fairways, 11 Greens.....but had 35 putts !  Had 3 three-putts of which 2 were ones where I had a long first putt (worst part of my game) and the third was me being too aggressive on an eagle putt and racing it past the hole. Our course recently had aerification and we've had little rain so they've been slow coming back but I can't truly blame it on that.  My putting is still killing me.  I used to consider myself a decent putter. With ball striking like I had today, I should be scoring mid to low 70's.

What was really funny today was my son played with me and he's been away at college and has played little golf.  He is a lower hcp than me and regularly beats me.  He shot the exact same score as I did on both nines.  All square!

• Administrator
I shot a 3. I hit a straight-draw into the left trees on #11 tee with jamo, Deryck Griffith, gwlee7, and a member to be named later (A.R.). First swing in 30 hours or so, no warmup. :) Next I hit a drive about 300 on #13. Then from, well, I don't know how far, but I borrowed gwlee7's 52° wedge, and hit it to six feet. So, a 3. Good fun though being the "forecaddie" for the group today at Lake View. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot about half my bucket over the range netting.

They hate it.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Shot an 89 at a pretty tough course where my previous best was 93 so Im pretty happy about it.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Was swinging great yesterday. If I didn't have to putt, it would have been an awesome day. But I did have to putt, and left a LOT of putts short. The greens felt firm, but were very slow...I just didn't seem to learn as the round went on.

Ended the round shooting an 80 on a par 69.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Played in an NCGA turni on Tuesday @ Poppy Hills GC in Pebble Beach, CA. Shot a 78...with a 5 putt on a par 3...From about 15 ft.!! (i don't want to talk about it...) Good thing i was under par on the par 5's and the weather was great...

Went to the range.. it's 96* right now in Illinois.. it was basically a ghost town for a reason. Used my new flexed shaft/driver 9* one..

I'm glad I went out.. learned a lot about my hips and swinging mistakes and was able to figure out that I was turning my hips too early in the downswing with resulted in my face always being late.. always being a slice.. i got a good half bucket going then the heat just killed me and i called it quits.

It feels good when you know an issue, are able to resolve it, and have instant success.

So to answer the topic question: 'What'd you shoot today?'

I shot well.

It's funny how the driver and the fairway woods that I use to fear and hate.. I now love.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Played in a mini-tour pro-am held at my home course yesterday. Had to play from the regular white tees as they had a 60 age limit for the senior tees, so missed out by 2 years. Five hundred yards longer than normal for me, but shot a 7 over 79. I was proud of that considering I doubled bogeyed the first hole. I admit, I was nervous at the start. The pro I played with was 60 years old and has played with all the big boys over the years. He never made it big on the regular tour or champions tour but has won many mini tour events. He  finished 16th in the Senior British Open a few years ago. He consistently hit 280+ yard drives, although the fairways were very firm. Oh yes.....he shot 68.

Anyway, had a great time. Glad I didn't embarrass myself.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Went out at 6:30AM on the hottest day of the year and shot under the temperature! Well, it was an 88 and my car thermometer said 90 when I left the course at 10AM. That's my lowest round in about a year. Gotta play more early AM golf.

Played my home course (70.9, 126 - 6461 yds) today and tied my career low score of 71 (-1).  Eagled the par 5 4th, birdied 6, damn near eagled the par 5 7th (made birdie) en route to a 33 (-3) going out.  Wobbled a bit after the turn (bogeys on 11, 12 and 13) before buckling down getting it back in gear.

Only hit 8 GIR, but managed to get around with 27 putts (including a 3 putt from 12 feet on 11 that started from the edge of the fringe).  Probably made at least 100 feet of putts today.

I recently picked up a like new Never Compromise Gambler, and something just clicked.  I haven't rolled it this good in...ever.

• Upvote 1

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

41 on a par 35, which is right in my comfort zone. The round included a lost ball (which was eventually found just past the green after I putted out it's replacement, of course..... )  Three pars, six bogies and No doubles and even had a couple of one putts!

After last weeks blow up 51, mostly attributed to 3 and 4 putts and three penalties, I had an epiphany.... The last time I was really putting half decent was with my old "Walmart special" cheap putter a few years ago.  I pulled it out of the wife's bag and discovered it was quite a bit shorter than any of my current putters. I proceeded to lop almost three inches off my Odyssey before heading out yesterday.  I am tall, with pretty long arms.  The shortness of the putter allows me to hang my arms straight while keeping my head centered over the ball and focus more on a shoulder rocking motion, which is more consistent for me.  I didn't lag anything outside of three feet yesterday, even on the practice green after the round.  Hopefully, this wasn't just a fluke moment and is something that will stick around.

Shot 36-40=76 First time I've broken 80, and the 36 is my best nine. Three birds on the front nine, negated the three bogeys.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids 16*, 22*, 25*

Callaway XR Irons 6-AW

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54*,59*, 64*

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Rossie Putter

Bag Boy Revolver LE bag

Bag Boy Quad cart

74 on the first round, for a 3 over. Fantastic round and just an amazing day of golf. My best score over 18, ever. A stong push towards my new 2012 goal of equaling or bettering par on my home course.

Then I played the front 9 again with an old friend I met in front of the clubhouse,  who was playing only 9 holes, so I went out with him and shot a 2 under 34 on the front 9, winning 50$ to his 39 (10$/stroke).

Shot my best ever 18 hole score, followed by my best ever on the front 9. That, for me, is a great day of golf. But the highlight of the day was a 30 yard wedge shot for eagle on the short Par 4 15th. The ball landed hard, rolled back, and fell into the cup, much to the dismay of my playing partners, whom I bet that I would get the shot within 5 feet. Also sunk a ~25 foot birdie putt on the par 5 12th with a great putting stroke that just held the line I wanted it to all the way to the cup. One of those putts yolu know is real good as soon as it leaves the face of the flatstick.. Some days all the bounces go your way, and some days they dont. Today was one of the good ones. Left the course up over 120$, which I used to buy the wife the new first basemans mitt she has been looking at for a few weeks now (She is too cheap to spend 100+$ on a ball glove), earning me some brownie points. "Honey, I spent my hard earned money on something to make you smile". hehehe. It worked.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

quadruple bogey to end it on 18.

...otherwise it was a decent round for me. Hit more fairways than usual which was nice.

I played yesterday and today. (75.1CR, 141Slope, 7121yds)...........and shot 77-77.  Considering the course is both long and difficult, I was happy with how I played.  I hit it well tee to green but didn't make any putts.

The putter was ice cold

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch