IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Had first high school golf match of the year (which we lost by 6 because of a group getting disqualified for a bad card) and shot an 88.  Putting was really the thing working, I didn't count putts but it seemed like everything was going in (including a 40 foot par putt).  42+46=88.  Next match thursday at a MUCH easier course, so hopefully a good result comes from that!

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six, and write down five".

Paul Harvey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41 with 3 3 putts not my best day on the greens but had fun. Played with former D1 college golfer. He was pretty good but I kept up with him until the last hole. Hit one in the lake, really wasn't paying attention and we spent quite a bit of time waiting on the guys in front of us. He made birdie after getting home in 2, short 501 yard par 5, I salvaged a bogey and that was the difference in our scores. Dude could bomb it. He hit a drive right to the edge of a 346 yard par 4 that plays uphill and we had a pretty good cross wind.

Dave :-)

Played a nice round this afternoon, +15. I felt in control the whole time and apart from one double, where my tee shot hit a tree which is in the middle of the fairway, i had 17nGIR and so always felt like i would make a few U&Ds; and play better than bogey golf. I did only hit 2GIR which is poor but i was never very far away from the green. Still feel like i'm on the verge of a low round.

Henry

Played the back tees of a pretty easy public course here in Omaha. Course rating is 70.7 from the back.

40-41 = 81 (par 70).  I hit 5 Greens which is not very good, but scrambled pretty well. I also putted decent, but missed two makeable birdie putts.

I got up and down two out of three times from the sand for tap in pars which I was pretty happy about.

Need to work on the swing for sure, but it's so hard to make swing changes!

87, night golf. Had a blast.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

40 (+5)

2 Birdies

2 Doubles

3 Bogies

2 Pars

One double was because I ended up in a bunker. The bunkers at community should all be labeled ground under repair. There is NO SAND, just dirt + ROCKS!!! My 60 degree Edel wedge has a nice nick on the sole now. I should send the clubhouse a bill.

The other double was due to a thinned pitch shot.

7 nGIR with 5 GIR

17 putts

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

51-48 for an on-the-brink 99 today. 3 triples, 6 doubles, 8 bogeys, and 1 (yes, you read that correctly) par, which was also the only GIR. Could have been better without the multiple stubbed chips and 3-putts - the short game killed me today whereas yesterday it was the long game.

Saturday....Stone Canyon par 72............73.2CR 141slope

40-41=82......a forgettable round.

Sunday: Drumm Farm Golf Club: par72.....72.5CR 137slope

37-41=78

This is my old home course and I played with my old regular group.  I played pretty well from tee to green, but had one of those days when I couldn't score.   I played well enough to flirt with par but I couldn't hole any putts!!...and I know these greens well!!   They were slower than Stone Canyon and I could just never match pace with line to get anything IN!!   We had a good time, so it's all good!!

This evening at Stone Canyon:  38-38=76

Pure smoke and mirrors......I decided to transition from hitting a hook to a fade and somehow hacked it around pretty well...LOL

I scrambled well to save a lot of pars and made a couple birdies when the opportunity presented itself.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

A Quail and a Chipmunk I think...oh wait... you guys are talking about golf: I didn't play because it poured rain most of the day and lightning in the area... but I played 27 holes on Monday Shot 41,38,40... played Newman... Red Tees first nine Blue Tees: Second Nine: Longest Tees: Last Nine... I would've played 36 but the Monday League has a shotgun start @ 5 so I got done at 4 and said screw it... Playing the City Tournament this weekend and hopefully next...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

41+38=79.  Finally got past that hurdle!  I only hit two fairways.  Just think what could have been...

• Upvote 1

Randal

36 (E) 3 birdies 3 pars 3 bogies 2 nGIR 6 GIR 17 putts Much better ball striking day

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/round/86278

69, blue tees, Whispering Woods Golf Club.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

93 at a school match.. It seemed a lot worse, so I'll take it.. If these are my bad days, I'll take that..

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six, and write down five".

Paul Harvey

http://www.gamegolf.com/round/86278

69, blue tees, Whispering Woods Golf Club.

That GameGolf link is cool.  Tempting!  What happened on your tee shot at #3?  Gotta maximize your birdie opportunities on par 5s. :)

I shot a 42 in my league match today.  4 pars, 4 bogies and 1 blow up 8.  Stupid hole.  Lost my tee shot left, then on my 4th shot I hit a good 3 wood but could not find the ball.  I guess I must have flow the green, but I thought I was pretty far out.

http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/233-24710597-24710842

Oh, and partner and I won the match, 1 up.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

12 over on my 9 this morning. Was playing bogey golf until I got to the 7th, a par 4. Took a snowman 8 on that hole and derailed the quest for bogey golf once again...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

17 over in my first competition round as a member at my new course. Pretty pleased with the round, ball striking was much better than earlier in the week but short game left me today and i made a lot of silly double bogeys from nGIRs :doh:

Henry