IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Things have definitely slipped in the past month or so. I'd like to blame the approaching winter, but that's probably nonsense.

Saturday,

Kittyhawk GC, Eagle Course, Dayton, OH

55-47-102

It was 41 degrees, but I failed to consider the wind, which was substantial. I lost my hands halfway through the back nine. Twin 8s on seventh and eight blew up that card a bit. On seven, a hybrid went into the tree line, then dumped a 9I into the bunker and then skulled the sucker over the green. On eight, I slapped two straight into the moat that surrounds the green. The only real difference on the back nine was that I avoided the hazards.

Sunday,

Miami Shores GC, Troy, OH

48-48-96

Snowmen on the par-5 first and 18th bookended a lot of close but not quite play. Driver was weak. Also flubbed some pitch shots (not unlike a certain TW). The bright spots were some solid swats with the 3W to recover from crappy tee shots and the putting was slightly better than average.

I don't really know if I'm expecting to much out of these cold-weather rounds, but each round seems like 3-5 strokes worse than I had just a few months ago.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

86 yesterday at Babe Zaharias GC in Tampa.

Was reviewing a new Lamkin Putter Grip, so I put it on my Slotline Inertial putter (I won in the early 1980's).

I 3 putted twice on the first nine.....seems that slotline is much lighter than my regular putter.

Played 9 holes and had lunch.

Started with 38° temperature, ended with 42°.

I would have played 18, but my friend wanted to quit because of a bad hip and have lunch.

What did I shoot?  Didn't really keep score because we each had a mulligan or two. But, I did have a birdie and several pars without taking a mulligan.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

85   front 45 back 40  rate 72.5 slope 135

F 7/14

G 4/18

P 35

1 birdie

3 pars

14 bogies :pound:

Okay the course just opened after 3" of rain yesterday and was a sloppy mess but my driving of the golf ball was just horrendous, I have the hooks and they are not going away anytime soon I can feel, I did however pull it together some on the back and probably should have shot sub 40 just missed a couple putts and one from less than 2 feet, no real disaster holes so that part was okay though.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Had a 89 yesterday. Started with dbl boogie with a good drive that included a penalty. Then seemed to never be able judge wind for distances was either long or short. Putted decent. Was the rest of it it that got me. Far from my 78. But no one had a good round and there were 11 of us. So just have to say that's golf and why I like it. Today no golf with 35 mph winds plus gusts to 55.

Santa Anita Blues 6480 yards, 91: 46/45 A lot of 3 putts killed my score. Mostly had near greens, just missed a few. 5 GIR. Trying out my swing changes. Turning the hips first. Video to come.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

First round of golf ever Friday, played at Valley Pine Country Club in Lasker, NC. Shot a 155 off the middle white tees, 5696 yards rating 66.5. Awful, I know, but I've never swung a club until I had my first lesson this last week and it was only 45 minutes of putting and 15 minutes of swinging a 7-iron to teach me the basics of both. So, needless to say the few drives I got out there more than 150 yards were huge slice shots off the fairway. I did hit a single GIR on a very short (316 yard) par 4! About a 175 yard drive off to the right and then I crushed (for me) my 7 iron straight onto the green! Still took a 6! Haha. One thing is for sure though, I had a blast and can't wait to go play the same layout again this weekend after another lesson and a couple times at the driving range. I don't want to count on too much, but I think I might break into the 120s or at least about 130 this time, because of how much better my driving should be. What a great game :-)
  • Upvote 1

42-42-84. Paradise rules. Drove the ball horribly with an OB, and missed buying a windshield by about a yard. Two sandies helped the score and the putter was on as well.

Started the round at 9:15 with 43 degree temp in Philly and no wind. Overcast all day, so that kept the temp down, but the wind kicked up around the 15th hole and it got cold at that point, with a tru-temp in the 30's. Wore my winter golf gloves all day. Got my ass handed to me by one of the better players at our club, but I was just glad to get a round in this time of year.

Bill M

Brookside Course 1 6711 yards: 45 (Practice)

The scoring was pretty horrendous, but I feel like my swing is getting more grooved. I was able to clear the hips a bit more than before. My drives were going longer even though I was not hitting the center of the face. My irons are getting back to their pre-vacation-from-golf-distances. Lots of near greens. I overshot a par 3 from the closer tees and it rolled on the cart path 30-40 yards past the green, and under hit the 468 yard par 4 by about 40 yards due to a fat shot with the Apex UT.

I am also pre-turning my hips on chip shots, and am getting more control over my chips even for flop shots. Working on getting more spin again.

Did some hip clearing drills yesterday evening. All my hip muscles are really sore from hitting 600 balls over the weekend trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Plan on some more.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

And pissed off. Even par through 5 holes. One over through 7. Then a triple on 8.  ...and three triples on the back nine...

On the other hand, I finished the full round in 2:14 - walking.  That was nice.

Shot 36 at Crystal Falls in Leander, Tx (72.6/126)  Hit it stiff to a foot on #4 and #9.  Hit it to 4 feet on #3, and #6 and two-putted both.  Regardless, first + handicap performance in a while.  Need to work on putting < 6 feet, apparently....

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Blah round 6000 yards 41/48, but at least I figured out what was going on with my swing. Just starting to reassemble it. Made a tap in birdie on a 418 yard par 4.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Architects - 40 degrees and nasty winds. Shot 39 & 43 (82) - tied my best score there. Strangely straight pushing all drives for some reason (hoping its all the extra clothes or lack of flexibility due to cold). Making putts for a change always helps. Cold but glad I went ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

85 front 39 back 46 rate 72.6  slope 135

0 birds

8 pars

8 bogeys

1 doub

1 trip :censored: (last hole)

FIR 8/14

GIR 11/18

Putts 40 :doh:

Just a flip flop from last week take my front this week and back last week and I shoot 79 :whistle:

No denying the putter turned on me today 5 three putts if I just eliminate those alone I shot 37/43

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition