IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Finished the year off on a bad note, but for me it was expected because of the changes I am making. +36 on a par 73 course (18 / 18) Did have 2 +3 a +4 , +5 and a +6 so those 5 holes made up 21 stokes ;) Next year will be different I know it!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

81 (40-41)

I was quite pleased with it since it was my first official round since late August (as always, I took time off for hunting season) and I scored well despite not hitting the driver worth a tinker's damn.

John

Played my third round ever at Myrick Hills CC in Littleton, NC this weekend. 5498 yards, 65.8 rating, 106 slope. Shot 125 this time. Definitely seeing some improvement! It's amazing what having a handful of drives land in the fairway and 2 putting a lot of holes instead of 3 and 4 putting will do for you, haha.

Two more rounds and I'll have an unofficial handicap. I'm a statistics guy, so I'm super stoked about that. Can't wait.

My last two rounds of 2014 came on the shortest course I play and the longest.

Friday,

Community GC (Dales Course), Dayton, OH

44-43-87

A couple of birdies balanced out some crappy holes for a fairly typical round for me on Dayton's bunny course. After rolling the ball dead center into the cup for the bird on 15, I wondered why it seems so hard the other 90% of the time

Saturday

Kittyhawk GC (Eagle Course), Dayton, OH

48-51-99

A couple of really bad holes dragged this one down a bit. On the par-5 12, I slammed the tee shot OB. After hitting safely on the second effort, I over swung a 3W and dropped it in the water (I think @Jeremie Boop may remember this one). None-the-less, double digits is ok for me on this course and I was happy to see my irons continue to come back around.

Not sure where most of you guys play but guess a lot of you must be on tour! I play weekly with all sorts of players at my home course and in a couple of society's and only very rarely see anyone shoot under about 85. Perhaps hackers like me (the huge majority) just don't post. After all isn't the average score for men around the hundred mark? I'm sure I read that somewhere. Just for the record I shot 94 today missed a few putts/chips/drives that I shouldn't and still topped my group. Just my opinion.

Signed for a 49 on sunday. 9 holes.

65.9/109

Short course, fairly wide open.

Driver was being...agreeable.

57% fairways hit.

Brian   

Paradise rules for winter golf in Philly.  39-45-84

That's with a 7 on a par 4 that I did not finish. Could have been double digits on that hole.

Bill M

82 (42-40)

Was hoping to break 80 in what will likely be my final round of 2014, but was done in by a double-bogey, a three-putt and a couple of missed 4-footers for par.

Good thing was it was a skins game (11 players) and I took a skin and a KP and recouped everything I spent for the day, plus a few dollars more.

John

80 front 39 back 41 rate 72.5 slope 135 indexed 6.2

1 birdie

9 pars

7 bogeys

1 double :censored:

Was cruising along at +4 through 15 and then went +4 for the last 3 :pound:

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Not sure where most of you guys play but guess a lot of you must be on tour! I play weekly with all sorts of players at my home course and in a couple of society's and only very rarely see anyone shoot under about 85. Perhaps hackers like me (the huge majority) just don't post. After all isn't the average score for men around the hundred mark? I'm sure I read that somewhere. Just for the record I shot 94 today missed a few putts/chips/drives that I shouldn't and still topped my group. Just my opinion.

I play every day on the weekdays, and most of the people I meet shoot mid 80s. Weekends and holidays are a different issue, many are lucky to shoot 100. Plus the people on this site are better players in general.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I feel so far removed from golf right now that it isn't even funny!!!    What did I shoot??

I took my son to Columbus Square Bowling Palace (Columbus, OH) while visiting family for Christmas....  this place is HUGE!!

I was a bit off my game with a 199 average for the 11 game set.   Oh well... I average 225+ on my good days and I'm capable of worse than a 199 average so I won't beeotch too loudly.

Golf? I feel so far removed at this point ...............   I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet.. Golf?  Huh? What??

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

My first good (for me) score this month.

Air temp right around 40. Sunny and 10-15 mph wind.  ...and almost no one out -- so I finished (without rushing) in 2:14!

That's about as good as it gets (without breaking 80, anyway...).

I feel so far removed from golf right now that it isn't even funny!!!    What did I shoot??

I took my son to Columbus Square Bowling Palace (Columbus, OH) while visiting family for Christmas....  this place is HUGE!!

I was a bit off my game with a 199 average for the 11 game set.   Oh well... I average 225+ on my good days and I'm capable of worse than a 199 average so I won't beeotch too loudly.

Golf? I feel so far removed at this point ...............   I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet.. Golf?  Huh? What??

Ha I can average 67 at bowling, I'd probably be about a +4 :blink: . Seriously I have never found a game I suck worse at than bowling...maybe trivial pursuit.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

85 front 42 back 43 rate 72.6 slope 135

0 birds

8 pars

7 bogies

3 dubs :pound:

Had a darn frost delay was supposed to go 7;21 wound up shot gun 10 am, anyways so many damn layers pull hooked first drive in hazard and then third from 168 I hit nice 6iron that hits sprinkler head and goes to back of green wind up 3 pitting for double, next hole hit good drive 130 out and hit 9iron over pin into back trap, anyway excissive rain caused traps to becme clay pots now so I caught it thin and wound up double again, just could not get things going right at the start after first 6 holes played remaining 12 at 4 over just can't seem to hold things together for 18 holes yet when that starts to happen I think I can post some real nice scores.

9/14 Fairways

8/18 greens

39 Putts  Putting is hurting me no doubt but I don't feel I am putting really bad, greens are tough where I play so I have to keep it in perspective.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

The worst practice round in a long time. Brookside Course 2 Blues (6000 yards) 44/48 (92).

Good news is that I hit 20 yards farther with all my clubs, and bad news is that I hit 20 yards farther with all my clubs. My driver misbehaved a lot today. I sliced/faded/hooked/drew stuff all over the place, but way farther. I lost one ball hitting it onto another hole's approach, and was too embarrassed to get it from the golfers on the other green I almost hit from my tee shot. It did feel good landing past the pin 127 yards away with a 49 degree PW.

Today, I felt like the young guy who hits everything too far and gets a 6 around the greens. The pitching lesson helped, but I missed almost every green by over hitting it or by under hitting it. I was so distraught by the time I was on the green that I 3 putted most of them.

It's definitely going to take a few rounds for me to get used to my new distances, and swing. I am also trying a new putting "stroke" where I can see that it will improve my scores in the future.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Practice round at Brookside Course 2:

Got my first birdie with my new swing. I am getting a lot more carry distance. Need a few more rounds to get used to the new distances. Flew a couple greens and rolled off some. I'm a totally different golfer and will need to adjust my course strategies. Probably will delve into LSW a bit for help. on strategy. My putting stroke is finally coming together. Need to get used to that along with my new pitching method.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56