IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

So, I shot another bogey (+20 on 72.9/130) day again. This time with the Mid-AM tournament conditions and tee sets on course 1.

I hit one drive on the 12th right into this:

And took it as a lateral hazard, but took this picture to verify?? I took the penalty 3 times as I found myself in these regions more times on other holes, but in retrospect I not gather they are marked off as GUR??? The +20 still stands, though, because the holes are already played and the score is already posted.

My drives were longer today because the temperatures were finally in the high 60s (F scale), but my irons were terrible because I was trying to hit them too hard for some reason. Anything over an 8i (160 yards or up) was a struggle. . .I made 4 GIR, a bunch of near greens and a bunch of totally crappy holes.

LOL- well my friend, that is GUR. That is a DQ as your score is incorrect :-P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

So, I shot another bogey (+20 on 72.9/130) day again. This time with the Mid-AM tournament conditions and tee sets on course 1.

I hit one drive on the 12th right into this:

And took it as a lateral hazard, but took this picture to verify?? I took the penalty 3 times as I found myself in these regions more times on other holes, but in retrospect I not gather they are marked off as GUR??? The +20 still stands, though, because the holes are already played and the score is already posted.

My drives were longer today because the temperatures were finally in the high 60s (F scale), but my irons were terrible because I was trying to hit them too hard for some reason. Anything over an 8i (160 yards or up) was a struggle. . .I made 4 GIR, a bunch of near greens and a bunch of totally crappy holes.

LOL- well my friend, that is GUR. That is a DQ as your score is incorrect

Crap. . . :doh:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Only played 9 holes today as I stepped in a rabbit hole on 9 just off the tee and twisted my knee. I've got a long standing injury as I totally snapped my Patella Tendon a few year back (my knee cap wasn't attached to my lower leg) so I'm a tad gutted. Hopefully it's just a sprain and a few days off will see it sorted.

Anyway just a little par 68, very short but pretty tight course and shot 1 over for the 9. Nothing startling but pretty tidy with 66.7% GIR and 66.7% scrambling ie I missed 3 greens but scrambled on 2 of them. To be honest 2 of the misses were as much poor course management as they were poor shots. Had a few sensible putts at birdie but missed them - really need to work on my putting.

Been making some swing changes and they seem to be bedding in so over all got to be pretty content.

Pete Iveson

Shot a decent 78 today at the local course. Terra Lago, South, Rating: 74, Slope: 138. One triple, one double, four bogeys, three birds. Saves are  up a bit. Scrambling is coming around. Putting is coming around. Made two bad decisions. Similar situation, over compensated for the wind and drew some balls through it into hazards. That's where the triple and double occurred. Frustration led to them being really bad actually. Going to Torrey tomorrow with @mvmac , @Golfingdad & @tristanhilton85 o get them to bet some money on this one. I think were walking.

I finally beat my friend 6 to 3 and tied the rest of the holes, the ones I lost were 6-7 strokes from OB. The most embarrassing one being a 100 yard approach pulled right into the trees on the 13th hole at Brookside Course 2 to a hiking path outside the fence. I played pretty awful golf like yesterday, but the fact that we played the shortest tees from the shorter course prevented me from having to use anything longer than a pitching wedge. My 2 tee shots with a 7i were disastrous. Going to need to work on that "relaxed" swing on the range this weekend. This was a milestone round for me! Hoping to play a round again next week where my longer irons are also working. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

71.9 course rating playing from the blues and shot a 87. 42 front nine and 45 back nine. Started off the back nine double double and thought I was in trouble but got it together. My driver and short game was on point today but my irons struggled and even though I beat my personal best of an 89 today I felt like I could of done a lot better.

Played a course i had never played yesterday....soaking wet....if you carry 275yds off the box your ball was going 276yds...we played the blacks...slope was 136...shot a 86...really cant complain and more so due to the conditions and being unfamilar with the course...

Finally got my handicap down to 18.4  (has been lower) and have been working on drawing the ball with my driver. Yesterday I decided to give the driver draw a go, I stuck with it and have never been in so much trouble. I had 2 good drives all day. Club championship qualifying round and shot a 102. I could not do anything right. Talk about a mental breakdown!

73.4/134 slope course today playing from the tips and I shot a 97. First round over 95 in a while and was really disappointed in my putting. Was driving the ball farther then I usually do, 270+/long of 295, my irons weren't bad and I hit a fair amount of greens. I 4 putted twice and 3 putted I think 4 times and I still managed to shoot under 100 so kind of a win lose situation. I feel like I could become a consistent 80's player if my putting wasn't so atrocious. Also are you allowed to cuss on this forum?

Shot 82 at Torrey Pines North today with @tristanhilton85 , @mvmac , and @Golfingdad . Drove the ball well, putting ok, pitching give and take, sand play was good (holed out from bunker for birdie on one hole). My approach shots were shite. Was +4 or +5 on par 3's. Missed several greens from within 150. Topped a 9 iron. :doh: Yeah....I know. Going to get my work on tomorrow, and fix this nonsense.

80 on a 73/137. Missed a 2 foot putt for 79 on the last hole - would have been the second time ever for me breaking 80.. 2 great shots on a tough hole for me, and a great lag putt. Oh well. Still a 5.8 differential, which is my best ever. Also no birdies, which is odd for me.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

84 on a Par 72, 68.4/124 course today, my best score in 13 months (over 120+ rounds).   HI going down by 1 full point with today's score.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

72.7 course rating playing from the tips. Shot a 96 but felt like I hit the ball well enough to shoot mid 80's. I was hitting the ball so well off the tee but the greens were a bit smaller then what I am used to and I hit very few greens. Would just miss the greens and then have to chip and putt and the strokes started adding up since I am not the best putter. Really need to work on precision with irons, I don't hit them bad just a bit off occasionally and that really hurt me.

93 from the blues at Rancho Park. +3 on the first hole, and then was playing so well ... until hole 16, whereupon I finished double, triple, triple. Parred #11 from the blues, my first time doing so (my only previous par at that hole came from the white tees). Hit six greens, plus a seventh that was my fifth shot into a par-5, but that's after losing a tee shot, so it's kinda sorta GIR. But I was driving the ball amazing today and hit some pretty decent irons and utility metals (woods not as much).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Sunday,

Miami Shores GC (whites, 68.6)

49-49-98

Obviously not great, but I'll take it for the first round of the season. The scars from last year's season opener are still fresh in the memory. There were a few good shots and a few horrible ones. I was generally happy with the driver and fairway woods. Less happy with the irons and wedges. My putting wasn't bad except for back-to-back holes on the front nine where I had a three and four. Still a lot better start than this time last year at Yankee Trace.

I was paired up with a nice lad whose country club is literally underwater. The poor boy is no better than I am and we sort of followed each other around the golf course good and bad. His swing sure looked pretty though.