What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Par 71 - 6,656 yards - 70.2/127

41/39 - 80

Birdies - 1

Pars - 9

Bogeys - 6

Double's - 2 :censored:

Followed up one of my best rounds ever with a terribly inconstant one.  On the front I was able to hit fairways but my irons were lackluster. On the back my irons were coming around but my driver became erratic. My putting was off all day, I don't think I made a putt all round. My GIR this round were a little inflated due to me being just off the green on 3/4 par 5's in 2 and reaching the par 5 16th in 2. It's funny how you can shoot one of your best rounds ever and the next be so inconsistent. Gotta love this game lol

Fairways - 8/14

GIR - 10/18 (Hit more greens than Tiger today :8) )

Putts - 37

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

Par 72, 5573 yards, 65.6/111

42/40 - 82 for my new personal best.  8 pars, 2 birdies, 4 bogeys, 4 doubles.  28 putts - 10 one-putts, six two-putts, two three-putts.

We moved to the forward (equivalent of the white) tees today because it was windy, and there are a few holes straight into the wind with forced carries that will eat you alive from the blue tees when it's blowing.  My putter saved me on several holes, I was able to rescue some ugly pars.  The rest of my game was far from spectacular, but decent enough to allow me to score pretty well (for me, anyway).

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an 84 at a course I played once on vacation six years ago (Heritage Palms), good for a 13.x differential.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

11 over 46, and I had 10 legitimately horrible shots. Not one lost ball and not one 3 putt *woo hoo celebrate the small victories*.  Then add to that some very near misses on one putts. So what that tells me is I had way more good shots than bad so I'm seeing progress.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Shot 86 from the whites at Sugar Hill Golf Club.  45 on the front and 41 on the back.  Was two over on the back until I blew up with an eight on the par five 18th.  Birdied the first hole and chipped in for a birdie on 11.

Ever since I've gotten the sway out of my swing, my misses aren't messes.  I laid sod over a seven iron laying up from a severe downhill lie, but that was my only really bad mishit.  I feel much more confident over the ball now, and I feel like if I get into better shape, I'll really see some significant improvement.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

An average round of 96 (CR 71.4/128).   No GIRs but had 5 pars & 30 putts (six 1-putts, no 3-putt).  Short game remains in good shape.   I've got my driver ball striking back with 10/14 FIRs.  The rest of ball striking is itching to come back.  Misses are significantly less drastic than last week but still, they are misses and to all directions (short, long, left, right).   I have been practicing & using knockdown shots.  They worked.  Shot dispersion is smaller but I am not accurate with distance.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Shot 82 on an executive course. Considering how absolutely terrible I chipped and putted, an 82 is pretty good. But my tee/approach shots were solid for the most part. After not playing for 4 years, (until recently) I'll take it.

- Disc Golfer

Course: 70.1/130 Score: 92 First time playing in over a month and all my trouble was on bad chip shots and a couple bad putts. Had a 290yd and a 300yd drive which is long for me, and got 2 greens under regulation (ended up 2 putting both for a birdie), one from 175yd with a 6 Iron the other from 230yd with a 3 wood. Had 4 other GIR, all pars. Had several doubles bogeys that resulted from poor greenside performance, which happens every time I take a break from playing. I'll go to the range and work on my sand/chip shots and hopefully I'll be back in the mid/low 80s next week.

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

93 last night, I've overdone it this week and it bit me in the butt at the end. Was just too tired. I golfed every night this week and Thursday night I had to dig a pretty decent sized hole. Walked the 18 last night and last 3 holes I just fell apart. Was able to save bogey on 16 but 17 and 18 ended up with triples.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Par 72 - 6,528 yards - 71.7/131

40/43 - 83

The front nine was probably the most unlucky I have been in along time. I had 2 birdie putts on the par 5's do just about a 360 around the cup and pop out. I hit a sprinkler head in the middle of the fairway and had my ball take a super bounce into a bunker. On the 4th and 7th hole I landed in a divot mark. I was p[laying with my dad and he was having a grand old time at my expense. The back nine I forgot how to play golf apparently and went 6 over thru the first 4 holes. I was able to play the last 5 in one over to limp in with a 43. It definitely wasn't the most enjoyable round I've had. If it wasn't for my wedge game, this round could of been alot worse. That was definitely the only bright spot of the round.

Fairways - 7/14

GIR - 8/18

Putts - 33

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

I shot a 59!  Too bad I had to leave after the 12th hole.  But I am reasonably satisfied with my 12 over par over those 12 holes.

Needwood Golf Course: 69.1/113

http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/157-28669209-28669378

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

An average round of 96 (CR 71.4/128).   No GIRs but had 5 pars & 30 putts (six 1-putts, no 3-putt).  Short game remains in good shape.   I've got my driver ball striking back with 10/14 FIRs.  The rest of ball striking is itching to come back.  Misses are significantly less drastic than last week but still, they are misses and to all directions (short, long, left, right).   I have been practicing & using knockdown shots.  They worked.  Shot dispersion is smaller but I am not accurate with distance.

93 at the same course.  5 GIRs, 10/14 FIRs - ball striking was working.   But this time, short game was missing which led to 36 putts.  Yesterday, every chip seemed to land within a gimmie putt range.  Today, every chip seemed to land at least 10 feet away from the hole.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I haven't been playing golf due it raining almost every day!!!!!!!    I did finally get out this evening and played the front nine twice....

Drumm Farm GC  Par72.....stats for front played twice... 6666yds, 73.0CR,  140slope

Of course the course is saturated and balls are plugging in the fairways and the rough is narly!!  I hit the ball OK considering I haven't played in 2 weeks!!!

40-39= 79

6666yds played like 7000yds plus!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

With that said, it's been raining a lot......................... I haven't been playing much golf because of this!!!!!!

I've been "shooting" some other scores though......rolled this beauty today!

Not my first 300 game, BTW!   Still feels good though.............. ;-)

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Last weekend, here are my nine hole scores, in order:  39-45-51!!!!!!!-38

I'm all over the place.  I've never had that kind of ridiculous differential before in my memory.

"Witty golf quote."

93 at the same course.  5 GIRs, 10/14 FIRs - ball striking was working.   But this time, short game was missing which led to 36 putts.  Yesterday, every chip seemed to land within a gimmie putt range.  Today, every chip seemed to land at least 10 feet away from the hole.

92 at the same course (71.2/128) - 4 GIRs, 9/14 FIRs, 33 putts.  Ball striking is back to my usual, finally.  Short game was slightly off although better than yesterday.   My homework for the next weekend's rounds is to keep to the current ball striking level, and get my short game back.   That should be good enough to lower my HI.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)