IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

I shot a 42 today on 9 holes, with a nice bag fat 7 to end my day. Driving's still bad - 1 fairway (but at least all the others were still in play, not lost/unplayable.) . Iron play's good, though, because I still got 5 greens, as well as an up and down from 160 yards to save par on the first hole. Putting's getting there, with 15 putts.

Number 9 was a disaster, as usual. I usually hit 3 iron to the dog leg left instead of cutting the corner...but I was thinking birdie all the way to break 40. Mistake...drive not only cuts the corner but lands in the trees on the far side in a really bad downhill lie. Second shot, topper. Third, pushed into a tree, came back at me. Fourth shot, topper. Fifth onto the fringe, and then two-putted. Ugh. It's also the same hole where I put a ball into a guy's bag yesterday.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

Went +6 on the front, and went +4 on the back. This is the first time I've played the back of this course, and it wasn't so bad.

But only one birdie..

Played a very low quality golf course, shot 3 over 36, had 3 chances for eagle. Didnt really play that well considering i only had 4 clubs.

Played nine holes today par was 36 and shot 55 over. First time on this course so for a rookie player I'm happy. The second hole was a par 5 that I went 5 over, when I walked away from the green all I could do was shake my head in dissapair. Everything was great from the drive to the iron play but when it came time for the short game, it was all down hill from there. That hole awaits me for another day.

played the 9hole yesterday and shot 4over in the tourney and then played agian and shot 1 under isn't that ironic?(after i finished i punched myself in the face after my first round)

Shot a 48 on the front & 50 on the back at the Meadows of Six Mile creek today. 1st time on this course & I am used to fairways which are a lot wider & every green on this course is undulating.

Last night, I played a twilight round after some morning practice. I shot a +10 on the front and a +13 on the back for a +23, 95. My first time breaking 100!

In addition to playing well, I played consistently. My worst score was a single triple bogey, and on a hole I usually par (17). Part of that is that our group got to the 17th tee box with precious little sunlight left, and we wanted to finish. There was some serious slow play ahead of us for the first 14 holes, but the group must've gotten bored and left or something... we played the last 5 holes in just under an hour with no one ahead of us.

Regardless, I'm very happy with my score. I'm thinking I'll go play today to celebrate.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played in the city Senior Amateur Championship Sat. & Sun.

Shot 90 (net 75) Sat. + 82 (net 67) Sun. for a total of 172 (net 142).

For the two days: zero birdies, 16 pars, 15 bogeys, 3 doubles, 1 triple & 1 quad.

Pretty good lunch for all players Saturday (dogs, burgers, etc.) & Sunday (BBQ, fried chicken, etc.).

I backed up yesterday's 95 with a 92 today. This time, it was 3 pars, 2 doubles, 1 triple, and the rest standard bogeys. I even bogeyed the handicap 1 & 3 holes and parred - parred! - the 4HCP. And the triple was on HCP2, but eh.

Shot a 42 on the back 9 at White Lake Oaks. My brother and I went out early with nobody ahead of us. We moved back to the back tees to try and get ready for our golf trip in August. I hit the ball reasonably well and putted fine. I had a blow up tripple on 13, but finished bogey, par, par, par, bogey with a lost ball off the tee on 18.

78 yesterday - 40 & 38. Started off with a double and basically was 6 over through 7 holes. Remembered a lesson I had (with a softball bat) from Mike Miller, who coaches Jason Gore. Started setting my hands better and the irons became much more dialed in. Putted decent too.

• Administrator
76 at Whispering Woods today. My official handicap is now 3.1, but my unofficial one (which I keep in my Scorecard software on my computer) is 3.0. better yet, my anti-handicap (worst 10 of last 20 rounds) is only 6.0, which ain't too shabby.

The difference between the two is that I don't put courses into Scorecard if I only play them one time. I should, though - it's easy enough to do.

Yesterday I was Jeckyl and Hyde.......48-37 = 85. I let too many bad shots turn into second and third bad shots on the 1st 7 holes, and on 8 tee I said to myself I need to get over it and par-out.....almost did, I was 2 over on the last 11 holes.

44 on a 9 holer - back side of The Willows. Par 3's destroyed me - doubled them both, but parred both par 5's and a handful of the par 4's. I played with a buddy of mine who didn't plan on golfing today - so he lifted weights that morning, and his golf swing was...gone. I think if we played 18 he would have shot his cholesterol count, or worse. (He had an 88 after 9...we decided to call it quits by then.)

76 at Whispering Woods today. My official handicap is now 3.1, but my unofficial one (which I keep in my Scorecard software on my computer) is 3.0. better yet, my anti-handicap (worst 10 of last 20 rounds) is only 6.0, which ain't too shabby.

You should put all the courses you've played this year in the Scorecard record so you get a true handicap tracking for the year. If your keeping only a couple of courses you play most of the time it won't be a true show of how well your playing. The more you play the same course you learn where and how to best play certain holes. such as you may have a hole you know it's better to be in the right rough than the left side of the fairway so you have a better shot at the green.