IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

In the past week, I’ve posted two very solid nine-hole rounds, 41 ad 43.

Quick overview of rounds:

Tuesday (41): Best ballstriking in a while. No doubles or 6s, just five bogeys and four pars, although two of the bogeys were three-jacks. Also, one of the best bunker shots of my life on the 7th!

Thursday (43): Another solid day on the course. Bogeyed the first five (again, two of them three-putts), then birdied 6. Doubled 7, then bogeyed 8 and parred 9 after an ugly third shot (par-5 hole) 

So overall, a good week. Recently implemented a practice schedule (practice two days, play two days), so looking to get into the 30s a little bit in the near future!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, dagolfer18 said:

So overall, a good week. Recently implemented a practice schedule (practice two days, play two days), so looking to get into the 30s a little bit in the near future!

IIRC you were playing 4-5 nine hole rounds a week with little improvement. Was that you? If so, glad to see that you are implementing the practice more. I myself have gone the other way. With pool league starting up, I pretty much have only been playing. Hopefully I can get a couple of range sessions in this week, as it's something that I have missed these last 3 weeks or so.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

16 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

IIRC you were playing 4-5 nine hole rounds a week with little improvement. Was that you? If so, glad to see that you are implementing the practice more. I myself have gone the other way. With pool league starting up, I pretty much have only been playing. Hopefully I can get a couple of range sessions in this week, as it's something that I have missed these last 3 weeks or so.

That was probably me. The main reason for the lack of improvement has probably been the lack of desire to practice. The feeling of wanting to practice recently dawned on me, so now I’m practicing at least two days per week, with specific plans each day. Maybe a range session, maybe the practice green. Maybe both. Point is, I’m a sophomore in high school, so if I’m practicing a good bit per week, and shooting low 40s, I think I’ve got potential. 

• Like 1

WITB:

Just now, dagolfer18 said:

That was probably me. The main reason for the lack of improvement has probably been the lack of desire to practice. The feeling of wanting to practice recently dawned on me, so now I’m practicing at least two days per week, with specific plans each day. Maybe a range session, maybe the practice green. Maybe both. Point is, I’m a sophomore in high school, so if I’m practicing a good bit per week, and shooting low 40s, I think I’ve got potential. 

I thought it was. I hope your game keeps improving. Sometimes dragging yourself out to practice can be tough on certain days/weeks/months, but I have found that I feel much better about it once I get to the course. Glad to see someone young taking it seriously, and playing well! Keep it up!

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Played 9 holes earlier. Carded a 40 for my effort. 5 pars, 4 bogies, and 15 putts. Had a couple of nice 1 putts for par.

Finally feeling comfortable with my 5 metal wood. This makes things easier, since I don't have to rely on other clubs for 5 metal wood duties. 

Will be playing another 9 holes later today. One of the nicer perks our course offers us. We pay one price for 9, or 18 holes, and they allow us to take an extended break between 9s if we want. Nice deal when you have other things to do and don't want to be in a rush while golfing. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

81 today (39-42). Seems to have lost my swing on the back 9. Well, tomorrow is another day.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played yesterday and today. 

Didn't go so well yesterday as I shot a 106 yesterday as my driver was just all over the place and my ball striking overall left a lot to be desired.  Had 4 GIRs, however, 3 were on the front which was a general theme as shot 49 on the front and 57 on the back.

Score: 106

CR/Slope: 71.6/121

2 Pars

5 Bogeys

3 DB

6 TB

1 Quad-Bogey

2784554_qpSBHOzx.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Today I was able to bounce back and although I shot 100, I had control over my driver, was moving the ball right to left or straight off the tee and my ball striking felt better.  2 holes ended up doing me in, though.  After starting with 3 bogeys, which really should have included 1 par, and a double bogey, on the par 3 4th hole, I pushed a 7I right  and subsequently overdrew the ball on my reload and missed short and right on a brutal front right location location on a green that slopped severely from back right to front left.  Over-hit my chip shot that went all the way to the back right of the green, had to chip on and then 3 putt for an 8.  On the Par 4 14th hole, I overdrew 2 tee shots with my 3H OB.  Then chipped out, leaving myself 100 yards, took a three-quarter swing with a 52 degree wedge and left it short right.  Flag was on the front right and I thinned my chip shot, leaving it on the back left of the green.  I then 3 putt for a 10.  That said, drained a few longish putts, but my short game, putter notwithstanding, was brutal as I failed to leave myself any gimmies when chipping.  That said, had another birdie and a few pars so there are definitely positives to take away from the round.

Score: 100

CR/Slope: 70.4/124

Birdie: 1

Pars: 3

Bogeys: 6

DB: 6

Others: 2

2785340_kyxuZWuU.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

4 rounds in four days - first time I've been able to do that and it was AWESOME!  Shot 95, 95, 106, 100 so, not too shabby for me. :-)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

My brother and I played yesterday. I shot another solid round of 42, with two or three missed 3-footers, and be shot 60, playing one tee further back than he normally does, with a 13 on a hole. We both hit some great shots, and we were both happy with our rounds.

WITB:

76 today (35-41). Kind of lost it on the back. Front 9: 1 birdie, 8 pars - Back 9: 1 birdie, 2 pars, 6 bogeys.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

94, 97 on the weekend.  Not so good.

I have a thought on it though.  The fact is that I was just not hitting the irons well.  I got 6 GIR, but something like 20 nGIR - most of which were not up and down.  I had three blowup holes in the past 36, which for me is kinda good.  Lots and lots of bogeys.

Here's the point.  These were bad rounds, plain and simple.  Those used to be over 100.

Gettin' there.

Slowly.

Left the Doctor's office after recieving my yearly, "hope I don't catch the flu" shot. Got my first shingles shot too. 

Down the road a piece is a course i had not played in years. Took a chance as a walk on, and got lucky. Was put with a threesome.

Shot a 86. (41-45/36 putts)  Not one of my better efforts, but the no 90s streak is still holding on. 

Hit some really good drives, and fairway shots. Just didn't putt very well. My "Heavy Putter" started feeling pretty heavy towards the end of the round. 

I probably should have listened to the nurse who gave me the shots, about not moving my arms too much today. About hole 14, the soreness started settling in. 

In My Bag:

79 with a 3-putt from 30’, and an OB approach shot from 175 yards in the middle of the fairway.   :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

shot 46/46 for 92 at Royal in Slidell, LA  I was scrambling all day.  Missed a few putts that should have made, but overall, ball striking with irons was pretty good.  Will give it another shot next week and see if I can break 90....

Played in sustained 20-30 MPH winds with gusts up to 50. Got off to a very good start and was in control of my ball flight, but it broke down down the stretch. 

41-48-89.

It was a newspaper 89, as I didn't even finish three holes on the back. Very disappointing. 

Bill M

Yesterday, played in a 4 man scramble. Came in at 58, 14 under par, and finished in second place.

Today, shot a 79 (40-39). 2 birdies, 7 pars, 5 bogeys, and 4 doubles. Crazy round.

Played 18 holes yesterday. It was little breezy in spots, with some pretty good occasional gust. 

Shot an 85 43/42, W/31 putts. All pars, and bogie 1s. 

Drove the ball well. A few timess, I did hit it too high, which put me at the mercy of the wind. Same with a couple of fairway shots. 

A couple of really nice approach shots with my 7W made me feel good. 

Just a typical round, more, or less for me. Lost some strokes due to distance, and made up few with my chipping, and putting.  I'd like to think an 85 score is a little high for me. Then again, I didn't push myself either. 

The guys I was playing with were all in the 90s. 

In My Bag:

Played a new track today and scraped together a 95 (44-51). I played +2 for the first six, five pars and a double, then had only two more pars the rest of the round. My dad and I also played matchplay for a Bojangles tea, and I was 6up at the turn. He made a brief run that ended on 15 when he got me 2up. We halved 16, then I closed him out with a slippery par putt on 17, 3&1. Short game was the only plus, everything else wasn’t good.

WITB:

Played Eagle Trace today.  It was challenging in ways I had not experienced before. I can see why the Honda Classic was there for years.  I hit the ball pretty well (7 GIR and a few more nGIR) and still hit even 100.  There were so many tricks and interesting new features.  I admit that I willingly hit dumb shots on many holes just to see what would happen.  Curiosity killed my cat and I lost a lot of balls because of it.

The course played me more than I played the course.