IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

20 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I'm a member at Pheasant Glen but I was wrong about it being busy because of extra bookings from elsewhere, they are only allowing members to book, except Sunday when it's only open for free golf for frontline and essential workers, but with 300 members and reduced tee times its a bit of a lottery getting tee times.  Arrowsmith is open but it's a shorter course (par 61) and I heard  today that Morningstar may be open again ?  

Kudos to PR to only open it to those on Sunday and allow free golf...classy move!

I sometimes play golf with a nurse who works in a nursing home. Some of her patients have Covid....she was sick and off work for a while.....she was -ve for Covid....she basically has stopped all of her outside activities for over a month to minimize infection....basically works or at home....her family wants her to quit...but she won't do that to her patients and co-workers.

Although likely no inventory but she should be working in a full hazmat suit....I have so much respect for her and other front lie workers.

I don't know where she lives...but have offered many times to buy her some food or a treat (to brighten her day)..she's always declined.....I hope I can play golf with her soon in the upcoming months....super nice lady.

Shot a 78 today from the blue tees at Tijeras Arroyo: 

facebook-share-round.jpg

View this round on GAME GOLF

Strokes gained says it was one of my better iron striking rounds. If I can just start hitting them better, I'd be flirting with even par later into my rounds!

image.thumb.png.6c82df85d72e0fdfbc302406939dcf24.png

Shot a 94 yesterday. Finally decided to go back to using my high lofted fairway woods over constantly struggling with irons. Made a world of difference. 

Afterwards went to work at the hospital to do CT Scans. Sore as hell and probably should have slept instead of golf, but it was almost 89 degrees here in Oregon yesterday so I took advantage of the weather 

Edited by wkilpatrick

Shot a very solid 76 in cool, windy, and soft conditions. Played from the back tees, 6658 yards, felt and played much longer since it was pretty much all carry. 71.3/131.

2 birdies, 6 bogeys, 10 pars.

Hit 9 fairways and 9 GIR, 30 putts. Gained 2.29 strokes compared to scratch today putting, 30 putts total with no three putts.

Birdied the first and the last holes today, both par 5s. 

Have a ton of confidence in all areas of my game right now except driver, although the big misses with driver aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. This is probably the best I have ever been putting, over my last 4 rounds for putting I am gaining 0.68 strokes per round compared to a scratch golfer.

Really paid attention to my shot zones today and laid back with 3 wood more than I usually do and I was so much more confident with the 3 wood swings knowing it was the right club and didnt bring trouble into play.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played today for the first time in probably a month. I shot, given the amount of time I “took off”, a respectable 47, but I left a few out there. 

I had a bogey on the ninth, which is usually a gimme par for me. Also, the par-5 fourth continues to plague me. Topped my tee shot into the lake, but made a par with my second ball for a double which, at the end of the day, I don’t consider too bad. 

Then, the worst of them all, the sixth. It went from bad to good then back to bad. After an awful tee shot, I punched out to just short of the green. Felt good about using my 58 degree for a hop-and-stop pitch to a front pin, which is a shot I’ve been working on. Thing is, I shanked it into the right-hand bunker. Then I took two to get out, and then just barely. Chipped on and two-putted. For an eight.

However, my good shots and good holes were very promising. I could’ve easily shot a 42 or 43 today. As I may have said before, I’m playing with some teammates this Friday, and I feel good about my game.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Finally got to play 18 today, crossed the border into West Virginia since their courses are open.  I shot an 84, which for not playing in a couple months I was pretty happy with it and it was the first time I had played that course.  The daily drills, specifically the ones I have continued to focus on, a couple add on ones, and readjusting my grip seem to come together, for the most part anyways, but I'll keep practicing on these pieces and see how it goes.

Gus
---------------

Shot a 77 today in our Monday Match Play. My sciatica kicked up yesterday, and I was thinking about getting a sub, but went and played anyway. The hardest part of the day was just getting into and out of the cart. Back felt pretty good swinging the club.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

We have a course open to play near me, so I took advantage today and shot a 73 (which is a great score for me!), but I bogey'd the 18th to miss out on a 72. Driver was working really well today!
Game golf link: 

facebook-share-round.jpg

View this round on GAME GOLF

OjqMJrh.png

Edited by Shermanator

44, 44 for 88 today from blue tees.  My tee shots need some improvement

40,45 for 85 from silver tees today with two birdies. Too many thoughts on my tee shots is costing me a few penalties and mishits. 

42,44 for an 86 off blue tees today. Rained for the first few holes but then was ok.  Air was heavy with a little wind and hurting distance a little today.  Started off well with a couple of birdies but then missed a few more opportunities. Tee shots started to go AWOL from 9 on but my putter saved me from a real blowup on the back as I one putted 7 of the last nine holes. 27 putts is a really good putting round for me.

Weird round today: 93 (46-47). I’ll go in order. Lost four balls off the tee today, and had four 3-putts. I knocked my tee shots on the first and second holes OB, but still started double-bogey.

Hole 5, my second shot rolled into a sprinkler head next to the green and my brother hit a drive about 270 (his normal drive goes about 200). Hole 6, skipped out of a fairway bunker. Hole 8, the third lost ball of the day, also OB.

Hole 10, par 5, three poorly-struck shots somehow left me with a 6-footer for birdie, which I converted. Hole 11, I had a bogey, but it was after a chunked second shot and a chunked pitch. Holes 12-14, three-putted for double, bogey and triple respectively.

Hole 14 as well, got the worst bounce of my life. Hit it towards the right cart path, intending to cut the corner. Looks like it’s gonna be good, but it catches a devilish kick and goes dead right. Not OB, but enough to make me have to chip out.

Hole 16, my bro hits one down the middle, I hook it into the woods. He makes triple, I make possibly the best bogey of my life. On 18, par 3, my fourth ball lost to the water. Ended with a five.

One guy I was playing with shot a 99, his best score ever. If I had my A game today, my score would’ve been around 88.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:

21 minutes ago, dagolfer18 said:

Weird round today: 93 (46-47). I’ll go in order. Lost four balls off the tee today, and had four 3-putts. I knocked my tee shots on the first and second holes OB, but still started double-bogey.

Hole 5, my second shot rolled into a sprinkler head next to the green and my brother hit a drive about 270 (his normal drive goes about 200). Hole 6, skipped out of a fairway bunker. Hole 8, the third lost ball of the day, also OB.

Hole 10, par 5, three poorly-struck shots somehow left me with a 6-footer for birdie, which I converted. Hole 11, I had a bogey, but it was after a chunked second shot and a chunked pitch. Holes 12-14, three-putted for double, bogey and triple respectively.

Hole 14 as well, got the worst bounce of my life. Hit it towards the right cart path, intending to cut the corner. Looks like it’s gonna be good, but it catches a devilish kick and goes dead right. Not OB, but enough to make me have to chip out.

Hole 16, my bro hits one down the middle, I hook it into the woods. He makes triple, I make possibly the best bogey of my life. On 18, par 3, my fourth ball lost to the water. Ended with a five.

One guy I was playing with shot a 99, his best score ever. If I had my A game today, my score would’ve been around 88.

I highly recommend ordering a copy of the book "Lowest Score Wins" or the video series, which were both made by the owner of this site. It will be eye opening for you in ways to manage your game better to avoid so many penalty shots, plus some drills that should help reduce the number of 3 putts.

Also, for the scenario you describe on hole 5, you know you get free relief from the sprinkler head right? I sure hope you didnt play it from the sprinkler head?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

32 minutes ago, klineka said:

Also, for the scenario you describe on hole 5, you know you get free relief from the sprinkler head right? I sure hope you didnt play it from the sprinkler head?

I was indeed aware of the relief. Although the golfer I was just a few years ago would insist that I play the ball from the sprinkler head. Heck, my brother probably would.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:

Went out today on a whim with a buddy, weather is supposed to be terrible for the next week so we wanted to get out. Shot a 107, cant seem to find my swing. Feel completely lost over the ball most times. On a positive note we finished our round in a little over three hours, and the course was fairly dry, after on and off snow, and rain all week. 

Shot a 98 yesterday. Three penalty strokes today, I rinsed 2 and 1 OOB from terrible mishits. For some reason my downswing felt rushed today which I think led to some EE. Probably thinned 8-9 shots that dribbled 40-70 yards each throughout the round. Was pretty happy with my short game which undoubtedly kept me from going over 100.

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

A real ugly 88 yesterday, followed up with a 76 (38-38) today. I wish I could figure this game out.

The 76 should have been way better. 2 doubles, 2 bogeys, 2 birdies, 12 pars.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

41,42 for 83 today off silver. A couple of birdies to boot. Focused on pre-shot routine and better alignment/aim today had a lot more success off the tee.  Worked on easier pitching too but cost me a couple of chunked shots.  Pretty good round overall.