IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

The other night I was playing against a guy that was absent. He had played in advance and I'm the secretary so I already new his score. I try not to let that happen, but when he e-mailed me, I didn't know that I would be playing him. The course we play has a par of 31 and he shot a 52. I was only giving him one shot so I joked on the first tee that 50 would win it and that I couldn't shoot a 50 if I tried. I proceeded to push my tee shot into knee deep heather, blast out under a tree, punch out to the fairway, chunk my pitch shot, chip to 6 feet and two put for a quadruple bogey 7. I figured that it was all out of my system and went to the next tee. It is the easiest hole on the course. It plays 120 yards, but the pin was up and there was wind at my back. I was stuck between the Gap and Pitching Wedgs. I went wth the PW and played it a little forward in my stance. Skulled it over the green and into the pond. Hit a great flop shot with my third that landed six feet above the hole and stopped dead on a rocket fast down hill. Rolled the next one three feet by and missed the comeback. Tripple Bogey 6. I am now seven over through 2. I was seven over for the entire round last week. All of a sudden, 50 is not out of the question. The funny thing is, I wasn't worried and I just kept joking with the people I was playing with. I played the last seven holes in +3 and shot a 41. Not bad considering the start. I won by 10 and my wife won by 2. The crazy thing is, it actually could have been a really good round. I missed birdies of 6, 9 and 15 feet. The first two lipped out and the last burned the edge. I also almost chipped in for birdie on the 5th.

We took all six points and are only 4 out of first place with one round still pending. Our opponents from the previous week missed and are making it up Wednesday AM. They will both have to shoot their best for the year to beat us. We may actually be back in first by Wednesday night and playing against the current first place team.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Woo Hoo broke my 100.

2 rounds on the bounce hit a 95 and a 99. This was my target i had set myself for the year (Only started palying in Feb) so i am really happy :) and so treated myself to a new fairway wood (LaJolla Knife 3 wood)

If i can get my slice sorted on my woods then i know i can bring this down by a lot.

Great job. It's always nice to hit a mile stone. Just keep playing and you will have 90 in your sights soon. I'm shooting for that elusive 79 this year. Right now, I'm not close. I have not been able to eliminate the blow up hole. The rounds where I have been able to, I seem to make a bunch of bogeys and end up in the high 80's.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Played Saturday. Could not make a birdie for the life of me. I had 15 pars, a double and 2 bogeys. 74 with 8 fairways, 9 greens and 29 putts.

I didn't putt that bad, I just didn't have any birdie chances inside 10 feet. There were some that were makeable and I thought I hit some good putts, but the birds didn't drop. My irons are off a bit right now and I need to make a tweak or two. I think I'm a little close to the ball.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played with my father-in-law on Saturday morning at a course I've never played before. It was in really good shape, especially the fairways and the greens.

I shot an 82 and he shot an 88. So it's always good to whip up on the father-in-law, although I don't think he was as happy about the situation.

I couldn't find the fairway off the tee to save my life, but I missed in the places where I had good angles into the green. So I wasn't penalized much for missing the fairways.

My iron-play, chipping, and putting was as good or better than it has been all year long. And that's why I had one of my best rounds of 2005. I did miss two birdie putts inside of 8 feet, so I could have been 80.

But I will take my 82 and move easily. Hopefully, I can stay consistent now instead of ballooning back up to 90..

Played 9 holes today, I think I have finally busted out of the funk I have been in for the last few weeks. Shot a 45 on the harder half of our course (theoretically). I hit 6 out of 9 fairways but only hit 4/9 greens in regulation. Had 19 putts, not too bad I guess.

In the Bag:

Wilson Fat Boy Driver
Callaway Steelhead 3 & 5 Wood (Steel Shaft)
3 & 5-SW Callaway X-1452 degree WedgeAdams Golf 60 Degree WedgePing B60 PutterOther Optional Clubs:Callaway Steelhead 1 WoodCleveland 60 degree wedgeAdams Golf 56 Degree WedgesWilson Blackjack PutterBall: ...

How old would George Burns be this year?

That's my answer.

Just kept gettin in trouble. Even my playing partners were having a giggle about it because they were solid shots I hit, just not where you want to be. And then I didn't putt well.

Say goodnight, Gracie.

• Administrator
I shot an 80, which is:
a) really quite good given some of my more recent play
b) really quite bad considering the good shots I hit.

I received quite a bit of bad luck - balls just off the green finding areas that should be marked as ground under repair, that sort of thing. Oh well - some days you've got good luck, other days you pay back into the fund.

I was getting tired and thus getting laid off with my club at the top of my backswing. That I was playing with a bunch of kids who didn't understand the golf swing didn't help me get back on track right away. But I eventually came to feel that I was off there and not somewhere else, and so now I'm back on path again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Club champ: Even par on 16 tee (par 3). I decide on the 5 iron. I then grab the 6 iron, clean it and knock it right at the pin....short. What the hell? Bogey, bogey, bogey finish... ouch

Really hit the ball well yesterday. Shot a 93. Lost a half a dozen golf balls. I know that doesn't sound right. However, Dennis really wreaked havoc on our course. Some holes are pretty wet and the others haven't been mowed. I played as a single and lost golf balls that were just off of the fairway. I couldn't find them and had to take a drop.

On 14, I hit a 7 iron that was 10 feet off of the green. The 2 guys who were on the 13th tee were laughing at me while I was trying to find my ball.

Could we please have 1 week without rain so the course can dry out?

TaylorMade r7 Quad Driver 9.5 Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade RAC OS Graphite Stiff
TaylorMade RAC Black Wedges 52, 56, 60 degrees
TaylorMade TPA VII PutterMaxfli Black MaxHome Course

Club championship at my course, 1st round against a tough opponent. 1up after one with a birdie, 2up after 2 with a par, pushed 3rd with a 12' putt , won 4th with a par (hcp#1 hole) (3up) , lost 5th to a birdie, pushed 6th (up and down), lost 7th to a birdie (2up) , won 8th with a par (hcp#2 hole) (3up ), lost 9, 10, 11 with 3-putts on every hole!!! (A/S), 12th opponent rolls 20' for birdie, about to take the lead for the first time and win 4 holes in the row - full momentum... WHACK! I roll the ball right into the cup from 15' side/downhill putt. This was the turning point. Won 13th with a par (opponent in a fwy bunker, couldn't recover), won 14th with a par (opponent with penalty / lost ball ) (2up), pushed 15th and closed off with a par on 16th for a 3&2 win.
Next saturday I've match against 3-year-repeated champ. Very, very tough in matchplay, doesn't make many mistakes, can par 16 holes in a row w/o effort. Not many birdies/eagles, but just fairway, green, fairway, green, fairway, green, fairway, green, fairway, green, fairway, green, fairway, green... it's getting very annoying in a match play... keep your fingers crossed, I need all the help I can get !

Had a strange round yesterday. I was mediocre off the tee and made 7 bogeys, a par and a tripple for a 45. The strange thing was that the tripple came on the hole where I hit a perfect tee shot and the par came on a hole where I pulled my tee shot and it deflected off the trees and into the fairway. Other than that it was 1/9 greens and 2/6 fairways. Good chipping and decent putting.

• Administrator
I played (with Dave, who may or may not post his score - a 71 - later) the site of the Lake Erie Charity Classic on the Nationwide Tour today - Peek 'n' Peak's Upper Course .

We played the back first, which meant I teed off on the par 3. Missed it but got up and down for par. The next hole was a disaster but I managed a double bogey after ramming in a 20-foot putt or so. The third hole - also bad - bogey though. From there it was interesting to play to some of the holes, like 14, because we weren't sure of the distances to things. We played the gold tees - 137/73.7 - and it's listed as 7025 but there's no way it played that long. It was windy - we had trouble reaching the fairway on the 17th - but we had a good time.

I ended up shooting 41 on the back and after I got past the first few holes, did OK until I tried to go after a 3W on one hole and really put myself in a bad spot. So I played for bogey. Anyway, 41 on the back, 36 on the front (with a bogey and a par). Hit 7 GIR on the front - one was the bogey, another was a one-putt for par I made after finding a fairway bunker. So, 77 - pretty good having only seen the course once before nearly 10 years ago.

I'm not sure how the winning score was so high in the LECC, though.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Played again today with Dave in this month's member/guest tournament. He was given no strokes, I was given 6.

I had a terrible soreness in my back, middle height, right side. It made it very hard to get the club back (particularly the "lift" part of the backswing) and to get the hips through the ball. I swing over the top to minimize the pain most of the day. Didn't want to, I mean, but did.

Not an excuse - I should have played a little better than I did. But we both should have, actually. I shot an 84, he shot 79. Our best-ball net and gross scores were 75 and 73. Whoopty doo.

Granted, in a best-ball, you take runs at putts you'd normally lag close, you go at pins when your partner is safe, etc. I don't know what I would have shot otherwise, but I'd guess it would have been about 79 or 80. I hit the ball "OK" considering my swing was all out of kilter and putted and chipped pretty well. We were both robbed on one hole in particular and had to post a net bogey.

Next time I play will be Friday morning, I imagine.

Well, something must be going right with my lessons because today was my best ball striking day ever. I posted a 45 for 9 with a lost ball and more 3 putts than I care to mention (putted for eagle, posted par on the third hole). You know what that means? I had an awesome day for me. I owned the par-5's today. I'd have been at even par on the par-5's if it wasn't for an errant 3-wood off the tee on the 6th hole. For me, this is good. The thing was I felt so relaxed and more in tune with what I was doing.

Couple of things helped... I backed off the ball a little bit and was stroking the ball in the sweet spot and I changed my backswing up slightly. All-in-all, I'm very pleased with my nine holes tonight. Yeehaw! +, another lesson coming on Friday.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
Well, something must be going right with my lessons because today was my best ball striking day ever. I posted a 45 for 9 with a lost ball and more 3 putts than I care to mention (putted for eagle, posted par on the third hole). You know what that means? I had an awesome day for me. I owned the par-5's today. I'd have been at even par on the par-5's if it wasn't for an errant 3-wood off the tee on the 6th hole. For me, this is good. The thing was I felt so relaxed and more in tune with what I was doing.

Nice! You're progressing pretty quickly.

Get rid of those three-putts soon and work on your short game.

Total disaster last night. It was league night and we were playing against my wife's aunt and uncle. I was giving him 3 shots and my wife was giving her 7. It started out OK. I made a bogey to his double. I made a great up and down for a gimmie par on 2 with him facing a bird from 30 feet away on a side hill lie. He rolls it in. I make a good par on 3 to his bogey. We flip-flop with par and bogey on the next. I par the 5th to go one up actual (2 down net). I double to his par on 6 and bogey to his par on 7. Now I'm 5 down net. I gamble on 8 which is a reachable Par from an elevated tee over trees. I hit it on a perfect line, but a little too high and it came up short. After a drop and a handfull of bad shots, I ended up with a quad 8. He rolls in a 15 footer for his second bird of the night. I make par to his bogey on the last and lose by 9 net. My wife won by 6 net so we lost totals by 3. We took 2 of 6 points, but worst of all, the first place team took all 6 from the last place team and we fell to 8 points back with only 7 weeks to play. If I can make bogey on those two, we win by 1 and take 4 of 6. There was no way I was beating him last night, the way he played. I would have had to shoot a one over 32 just to tie him. I was happy for him though, it was his best round ever.

I played Legends - The Heathland Course and Arrowhead C.C. last weekend. Shot 75 at Heathland and 78 at Arrowhead. Typical scores for me. Iw as even thru 14 at Heathland and blew up .... Arrowhead was a wied day. The firs tnine was my "driving range" nine .... shot 44 but backed it up with a 34. The drivable par 4's and par 5's reachable in two on the Cypress nine helped me save a little face.

-What's in Da Bag?-

TaylorMade M1 8.5 
Cobra SZ strong 3
3-w Titleist 735 CM