IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

80 on a par 71. 43/37 (36/35) Driving 58% poor GIR 11% laughable Putts 28 happy Should have been so much better. But still -3 hdcp so shouldn't complain.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

I shot 79 on a very wet course that on a dry day plays over 7,200 yds. It had rained here for two straight days. Had some shots that were great and made a few mental errors. Overall a great day.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Shot a 35 / 48 total 83 today using my new Callaway X-24 Hot irons with graphite shafts.....

First time ever hitting them....and I started on 17 shotgun start...after double bogey on 17 & 18...I parred #1, then #2 then #3....all the way thru #9...9 Pars in a row!....never done that before....WOW! I think I am going to like these X-24's

Shot an 86. Not too bad last Saturday I shot a new low of 82. 86 with new clubs, 2nd time used today. Also trying out a different putter on top of adjusting to instructors new swing and putting stroke. Progress.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

86.  Had more than a few chances to get lower than that, but my tee-to-green was really really solid.  I'll take it.

In my bag: adams.gif Speedline Fast 10 10.5, Speedline 3W, Ping Zing2 5-SW  vokey.gif 60 deg odyssey.gif 2-ball    330-RXS

Shot a 40 in strong winds. A trip to the range straightened out the driver, but I was a little lose with 2 par putts and I actually flubbed a pitch shot into a greenside bunker. Got it up and down - once I stopped laughing. I was going to play 18, but my daughter had her first T-ball practice today.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Played the first two rounds of my club championship yesterday and today. 92-89, for net 75-72. I will know in a few hours if I made the cut (and thus get to play tomorrow).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 93 (47 + 46 -- par 70) from the blacks today.

Kind of pleased because I normally play the whites, and 93 isn't that bad for me.

I hit a lot of fairways today, but playing the blacks had me quite a bit further from the greens.  ....didn't hit too many greens. :(

Only 34 putts though (because I missed the greens -- but got close, so I was closer to the pin when I finally got on) --- normally I have about 38.

That said, the next time I play, I think I'll be back to the whites.

Played yesterday with a 20 year old who plays with the Cornhuskers as a sophomore, at a +2.7 (unverified).

We played a local course from the back tees, about 6900 yds. He usually outdrove me by about 10-15 yds, but we were pretty much hitting the same irons, to the same distances, i.e. 5 iron ~200, 6 iron 190, etc., etc.. I did manage to out drive him on a couple of holes, and even drove the green on a short (327 yd) par 4, out driving him again. I also hit driver 3 iron to the middle of the green on a 534 yd par 5. But those were the exceptions.

He did score better than I, carding a 69, while I came in at 5 over that. Oh well, it was a great time. I got quite the complement from him about half-way through the front nine: "I get older guys all the time that are willing to play from the tips with me, but you can actually play from back here!" I told him that my home course is 7100 yds from the blues, and that I'm comfortable at that yardage for now. But I ain't getting any younger!

As I said, he is 20, and I'm 56.

But I felt a little younger yesterday...  :)

• Upvote 1

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Originally Posted by soloredd

81 (39/42), career best for me. I had 79 in my sights but pulled a stupid on 16 - I tried my friend's driver. Was a bad hole to do it on, should have waited until 17 when I had bailout options. I was +6 going to 16 and I overcooked the tee shot and it rolled into a water hazard, ended up with double-bogey. Had birdie op on 17 with a 6-footer but I burned the left side of the hole; then bogeyed 18. Ah well...next time!

Wow, talk about similar... lol. I also shot 81 yesterday (39/42) and blew up on 16. I sliced my drive right into the tree line. However, it really wasn't a bad lie and I had a view of the green AND was only 90 yards out. However, I got too risky on my second shot and clipped a tree which knocked my ball down about 65 yards out. Still not too bad, and now in decent shape, I proceed to chunk my third shot into a GS bunker. On in four, two-putt double bogey. Only double on the day....ARGHH!!

My short game was just not in sync all day. On the up side, I had only 29 putts.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

shot an extremely disapointing 46... driving was absolutely horrendous. putting was similar to driving. overall could have easily taken 5 or more strokes off. too bad, cant wait for next time...

Had to hurry up and get 9 in before the storms hit south Georgia.  I just graduated college and some new girl at the pro shop almost didn't let me on the course because she didn't know who I was.  I was pretty agitated since I grew up on this course, my mom has been the club champion for 22 years, and I shot the course record when I was 14!!

Anyway, I hit ZERO greens and still managed to pull out a 38 with 11 putts.  The ProV1 is killing me.  I have a lot of lag in my swing and usually come down on it pretty hard which results in a divot comparable to a 6" meatball sub.  With provolone.  I'm thinking about buying a few dozen V1x's to solve my spin problem.  As long as I'm playing on bermuda, I'll definitely need a ball with less spin!

I didn't really get to play at all while I was at school, so I'm really looking forward to this summer at home and on the course.... minus that stupid kid who needs to know her role.

My old stuff I still use:

Irons - Titleist DCI 981 (1998)
Putter - Odyssey 2-Ball DFX
Wedges - Cleveland Rg. 588 (47º, 52º, 54º, 57º)
Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad (2004)
Ball - Pro V1x

77 with four birdies and four three putts. Woulda coulda shoulda etc.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 38 on nine at like a 2800yd course. it was my best nine hole score EVER.

If only I didn't play an easy course everyday. I had a very climactic birdie putt on 9 to break my previous record of 39.

76 at Annika Course Par 72 at Mission Hills China . Playing this course for the 1st time , studied the course and download the holes layout to my iPhone , and with Golfshot , they helped!
  • Upvote 1
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight