IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

73.6/133, 7200 yard course

46-43=89

One of the hardest coursed I have ever played and I played from the tips today in great weather. It rained the last two days but the fairways were perfect but around the greens it was super muddy. I played about as well as I ever have and I was averaging around 280 off the tee box after some swing changes. Had really good tempo and really was killing the ball, my irons were about normal and I hit them all solid but I chunked 1 bad 9 iron after a 320 yard drive (carried a bunker and hit a hill) and I was slicing my irons just to where I was missing greens by 2-10 yards. My hybrid and 3 wood were doing work today and I found myself putting for eagle on a hole but my putting was its usual and I 3 putted for a par. I 3 putted on 3 holes and all 3 I was putting for eagle or birdie. I only lost 1 ball today and it caused me to get a 9 on a par 5. Without the three putts and that one blow up hole I would of shot the best I ever have but I can see lots of improvement.

Now if I just drive the ball like that, hit my irons a bit straighter and control my slice/fade, and putt a bit better I should be low 80's. But considering in 2 and half months that I have dropped 15 strokes I am super happy,

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Started double, quad, and triple on the 1st 3 holes but played bogey golf the rest of the way for 96 (71.4, 128).   Not bad after the poor start.  The score will lower my HI to 19.3, best in a long time.  I continue to improve, back to my playing level two years ago.   My FIR is at 75% this month, personal record by far.   2nd best was 60%.   GIR average is creeping up to 4.

Played exactly the opposite of the last round.  (With no warmup) Started with bogey, and 4 straight pars and then played bogey+ golf for the rest of the round for final 95.  I prefer to finish strong like the last round.   A good takeaway from today's round is that I limited double of worse holes to only 5 (vs 6+ average).  Unfortunately, two of those holes were snowmen.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I played pretty awful this weekend, probably had my worst round in a long time.  Played 36 on Saturday and 18 on Sunday.

First round on Saturday, course was really wet, but just played awful.

44-43-87    70.3/128  6255 Yds

Ugh! Was trying the Big Bertha Alpha - Did not fare well.  And then I could not recover with a good second shot, took me 9 holes to hit a green.

I couldn't do anything. Had 4 balls in hazards, a couple of three putts to add on.  If my short game wasn't as good as it was, I would not have broken 90.

Went out Saturday afternoon, a little better but still nothing special, although I was 4 over on the last 4 holes, i was pretty tired after walking 36 holes.

41-38-79  70.3/128  6255 Yds

Sunday was more of the same.

39-40-79   70.3/128  6255 Yds

All and all and ugly weekend of golf, but it was nice to get out.  Would so like the weather to get better.  Still looks iffy over the coming 10 days.  Suppose to have our opening day scramble on Saturday, and supposed to be 47.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

it as a quick 2:45 round this morning with my boss.. a disappointing 117 for me, while my boss shot an 83.  Hit some nice shots, but mostly weak push cuts that didn't make it far.  I guess I am living proof that you can score high, and still play fast.. oye.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

3/23/15

9-Holes

Springfield

2954 Yds Par 35

70.3/128 (Couldn't find the 9 hole rating and slope)

Shot 39 - Short Game saved my butt again

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Brookside Course 1 Blues (72.9/131) : 87 (46/41)

1 triple, 2 doubles, 8 bogey, 7 par, 10 FW hit (which is a bad thing actually), 6 GIR, 37 putts (21 on the front and 16 on the back).

I played the first two holes and the third drive on my own, then partnered with someone who just couldn't stop talking and belittling himself as if to belittle the others around him. I left him on the 6th hole tee box and continued my round alone until the turn where I joined a couple for the rest of the round. 3rd hole was a triple 4 putt, 4th was a double 2 putt, 5th I missed my tap in par. 6th I duck hooked barely on the fairway. 3 shots to get on and 2 putts for a bogey. The front was a pretty horrible horrible round. Played the back with a nice couple, and shot really well.

I play golf for fun, I don't think I'll ever really compete. The situations where I play well are without any expectations for performance. I even got my swing back on the 9th hole before enjoying the rest of the round.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

The course I play is located 25 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. Today was the first day the club was open and operational for the 2015 season. Unfortunately, only the back nine was open, due to maintenance on the front 9. When I started it was 38°.

I was first off at 10:45 and immediately parred the 10th hole, hitting my approach pin high and only a couple of yards off of the green. From there it was all pars and bogies from 10 through 15, being 3 over par after 6 holes. But then, I hit 16 and 17 in regulation and two putted for pars.

Now I am on 18. A par means 39 and a bogie would be 40. I hit a drive in the middle of the fairway and had 160 yards uphill as an approach. All day long I was adding an extra club for the cold weather, so now I add 10 yards for the hill and 10 yards for the cold. Well, I hit my 180 club over the back of the green, leaving myself a tough up-and-down from 15 yards. To make a long story short, I kept my head steady and left the approach with a lob wedge 6 inches from the cup.

The last putt went in for 39 at 11:57 am, having parred 5 of the last 6 holes in the process.  So, in concluding, I walked the course in 1 hour 12 minutes and the temperature at the end was 41°.

I LOVE THIS GAME. :-D

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Cr 74/slope 136/7007 yard course today. Only walked the front 9 and shot a 42 which I was more then pleased with. Was hitting the ball great other then 2 bad drives and a couple of chip shots I could of put a bit closer and my putting was not completely awful today. I parred a 462 yard par 4 after hitting a 210 yard drive (hit the ball about 400 yards in the air), I hit a 3 wood off the deck and it hit about 30 yards in front of the green on a hill and rolled up to the middle of the green. Was one of my best shots ever and it was also pretty lucky but I'll take it. I also parred the 180 yard par 3 with the island green, I hit a 6 iron and it hit the hill on top of a bunker and popped up onto the green which was pretty lucky. Need to just keep hitting the ball well for my tournament this sunday and monday!

72!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Previous best was a 78 and I've only broken 80 5 times before. Made some recent changes, guess they worked. :) Everything was working, it was crazy! When I put my score in for my handicap a message popped up saying, "This score is very different than your usual score, are you sure this is correct?" Thought that was funny and awesome.
  • Upvote 2

Titleist 915 D, 3W, 3H

TaylorMade RocketBladez 4I-AW

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56 degree SW and 60 degree LW

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Dual Balance

Bridgestone B330

it was too cold today, so have to wait until tomorrow. :cry:

-Jerry

Brookside Course 1 back 9 Blues (72.9/134 for full course): 42

Played another 9 holes in the evening. I hooked, sliced or treed more than half the tee shots, and needed my 3i to recover from many of them. Two drives worked out well and one of them ended up in a bunker. Carried 250 yards dropping dead into the right bunker on the 10th hole costing me a par. I was hoping for a "300 yard drive" given the low trajectory, but it landed with a large splash of sand. Bogey on the 10th. Shot of the evening was a 6i to 195-ish yards on the 16th after I hit a tree from the tee shot. I though I was past the "200 marker" and hit my 6i, then walked about 20 yards and saw the "200 marker", the ball ended up about 20 yards short of the hole where it faded to the right. This is quickly becoming my favorite club. 190-ish yards this morning on the 8th hole and 195-ish this evening.

6 bogeys, 3 pars. 2 FW, 1 GIR, 16 putts. The bump and run worked out pretty well . I almost missed the greens on purpose just so that I could bump and run more often. (Yeah, I wish) :roll:

• Upvote 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Brookside Course 1 front 9 Blues (72.9/134 for full course): 42

1 double, 4 bogeys, 4 pars, 3 FW, 3 GIR, 15 putts

Chips are getting better. Bump and run seems to work nicely. My two flop shots worked out pretty nicely as well. Drives were not as horrific as yesterday, and my approaches were with shorter irons. If I would get my act together better, I drove to within 30 yards of the green on the 5th hole on the top deck and still couldn't get the birdie.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

88 today at Dark Horse in Auburn, Ca. 72.5 CR/135 slope. Played like crap the first 6 holes (9 over) and the course punished me for it. Then again, it was a work/golf outing, which beats the office any day!

Went out yesterday and played a match between to alter egos. One was 'Clean Run' and the other 'Dirty Cal'. They both were playing pretty well at 1 under after four. But then the wind kicked up a bit, and ended up shooting 4 over for 'Dirty' and 2 over for 'Clean'. Then I went out and played Worst Ball, which is, like you probably could assume like Best Ball, except you play the worst from each shot. I didn't take score, which is kind of the point, but it did give me a lot of practice dealing with adversity on the course.

My game is complete garbage, but I managed a stupid reasonable score in spite of this............................

Drumm Farm Golf Club: par 72 course.........  72.5CR 137slope......... 40-38=78

8/14 fairways......yea, I hit some fairways, but they were short hacks!!  The only reason they held was because fairways were wet and there was no roll. LOL

7 greens.............a miracle...mostly stupid-long GIR putts

27 putts..............at least I can putt!  My strength right now is putting.

1 birdie...............another miracle....holed a bomb putt through 6' of fairway cut 40' to the cup with 6' of break...........LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I hit the ball reasonably well, but couldn't score to save my life.  Hit 1 OB ball, hit 3 balls in hazards and 2-three putts.  Just a wonderful day on the course, luckily the waether was awesome, albeit a little windy and wet.

44-40-84

70.8/128

6500 Yds

Hit 7 FIR

Hit 7 GIR

33 Putts

-Jerry

Played 9 holes Wednesday. Snow/rain let up and shot to 50 degrees with sun. Nice peaceful round and I felt relaxed. Despite weather turning cold again around 4th hole I shot +1. Two bogies and a birdie rest pars. Best shot was a par 3 194yds dead into a cold wind. Flushed a 6i 5' from the pin...MISSED THE DAMN PUTT. So tap in for par. But hey, great 9 holes and felt good.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge