40-38-78

Belle Haven Country Club

Blue Tees

6490 Yds.

72.0/134

2 birdies

3-3 putts and 1 ball in hazard

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

An up and down round today. +2 after 9, (made my first eagle ever on the par 4 9th :D) Followed that up with a double bogey after finding the water off the tee. then the last 8 holes at +6.

+10

1 eagle & 1 birdie

3-3 putts, (31 putts in total)

Ball striking was better, though far from great.

Had maybe 4-5 putts just lip out and/or stop at the edge.

Could've been a great round, but still really pleased with the eagle :)

In the bag:

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex 440 8.5° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Woods: Nike Vapor Fly 15° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex : Vapor Fly 19° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 4-PW S-Flex

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52° : Jaws X 56°

Putter: Odyssey White Ice 3

Ball: Nike RZN Black

Shot a 44 from the Blue ( 6118 yards ).  Had a nice birdie on a par 3, a par on a sand save and a triple when I found OB by 2 inches on one of my drives.  It started raining on the end, so I rushed and flubbed a chip for a double on the last hole.

- David -

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo

Woods: 3W - Callaway X2 Hot

Hybrid: 4 Walter Hagan

Irons: Callaway X-Hot 4 - AW 

Wedge: 52* - Cleveland CG15 Zip Black, 60* - Generic 

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #3

It was actually Monday but I played Millcroft Golf Club -

Approx 6100 yards 66.6 rating. - Local course through sub-divison.

36/40

2 birds, 3 three putt pars on the back, one double and bogeyed par 5 18th from 90 yards out on third shot.

43/37 80. Played with a guy from league that bounces around in the + to 2 range. Was interesting watching and comparing to see how I stack up. He just fewer real bad shots but most of them were mostly in the intended direction but reality was he hit maybe 2-3 really good shots of the 38 he took. Just a little longer from the tee than me and a so-so putter. We just played 9 together, he went to the front thinking he could get in 9 following ladies league, I knew they'd be slow and it was already 6PM so I played the back twice. Second time around I played and scored better than he did the first time.

Was interesting talking to him. Like most better golfers he was humble. He hit a real bad approach on a hole and I mentioned I was glad to see someone scratchish hitting bad shots. He laughed and said that's pretty much all he does. Made we think of all the times I've seen higher handicap golfers making claims they are better than average ball strikers. This guy probably shoots right around par every time and rarely piles up more than 80 and he hit a bunch of stinkers. I didn't track his stats or anything but he hit one in the water to make a double on a par 3 and missed right around half the greens.

Dave :-)

82 which secures an 8 handicap for me.  I can shoot 200 on Saturday and it won't matter.   Goal for the year achieved!

—Adam

Played twilight after work, we got 14 holes in and shot a 93! :-( 10 on the opening par 3 set the tone, taking 4 to get out a bunker and then a 4 putt! Next hole, par 5 took a 9 having healed a drive so badly I almost hit myself! Took another 9 few holes later, then another 10 toward the end. Was simply shocking! Tried to implement a few tips I got from my "my swing" thread (If anyone else wants to comment on it it'd be appreciated) and it all went a bit wrong! Worst Ive played in a long time. Just couldn't find the middle of the club?! :-( Fats, slices, thins, you name it I had it. Pitched/chipped well though. Just nothing else!

Played twilight after work, we got 14 holes in and shot a 93!

10 on the opening par 3 set the tone, taking 4 to get out a bunker and then a 4 putt! Next hole, par 5 took a 9 having healed a drive so badly I almost hit myself!

Took another 9 few holes later, then another 10 toward the end.

Was simply shocking! Tried to implement a few tips I got from my "my swing" thread (If anyone else wants to comment on it it'd be appreciated) and it all went a bit wrong!

Worst Ive played in a long time. Just couldn't find the middle of the club?! Fats, slices, thins, you name it I had it.

Pitched/chipped well though. Just nothing else!

It gets worse before it gets better with the swing changes.  Trust the guys that know what they are talking about and Change the Picture

- David -

It gets worse before it gets better with the swing changes.  Trust the guys that know what they are talking about and Change the Picture

Yeah I know, just I couldn't hit ANYTHING good, not even a short iron. Was fatting them all round! And swing thread was based on driver swing. Was laughable.

Yeah I know, just I couldn't hit ANYTHING good, not even a short iron. Was fatting them all round! And swing thread was based on driver swing. Was laughable.

I'm 2 months into making changes from My Swing thread and hit more fat shots than I did before I started but they are my only mistake for the most part. Before it was everything going wrong, now at least I know what it is.

- David -

super nice course - short, and clever - neat layout and great condition - been meaning to try it for a couple years - much nicer than I was expecting

glad I had a window to go - really weak finish, very disappointed in 17 and 18, especially after a great drive on 17.  but lots of up and downs on the back side

#1 was about the closest 'miss' to eagle that I've had all year

Bill - 

100 at the bridges at oreston crossing. Its a pretty tough course. I played several really good rounds this year before the great dfw floods. Have now logged 14 rounds since and it would aloear i freakin suck again!

I shot a 102 at True Blue after a night of drinking ... my road trip to myrtle is killing me. :)

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I shot a 102 at True Blue after a night of drinking ... my road trip to myrtle is killing me. :)

The only time I ever played True Blue I played the tips because the 3 strangers wanted to.One played barefoot.Unfortunately I shot 94 and that was playing fairly bad.Think those tees were around 7000 yds at sea level.Wasnt that it was overly tough but the length is all it needed to beat a short hitter like me.

The only time I ever played True Blue I played the tips because the 3 strangers wanted to.One played barefoot.Unfortunately I shot 94 and that was playing fairly bad.Think those tees were around 7000 yds at sea level.Wasnt that it was overly tough but the length is all it needed to beat a short hitter like me.

I like the course and its not hard. The other thing I am struggling with is wet fairways ... I just can not hit a fairwood well.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK