IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I stopped keeping score Saturday. I was so pumped and ready to make a big step towards braking 100 and thought it would be a good day. I posted a 9 on hole 1 at Northdale which is a straight par 5. I posted an 8 on hole 2 (granted it is considered hardest hole-I disagree). It was pretty much that way most of the round. Missed a few par putts for bogeys and just could not understand how I was not striking my irons the way I had been recently (well). Golf is crazy. Back to the drawing board. Need to work more drills from LSW

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had a round yesterday where i hit one OB and didn't realize it until it was too late (i.e. couldn't go back to the tee). Then topped it by hitting the wrong freaking ball a shot later. I'm blaming the heat.

So, i shot a +33 104. And I'm actually happy about it. Towards the end I was starting to hit draws, and hitting my irons farther than usual(is my distance back??) I stuck with trying to shallow my club more and in the beginning took two really slow swings emphasizing the shallowing of my club, and then went up and hit. I usually score in the 80s but I'm proud of this score because I was starting to hit, and consistently hitting good draws off the tee, on the fairway, everywhere. My drives were mostly straight draws, whit the exception of a push-draw on the 18th.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mattkaminski15/round/1069675

In a heated match for beers at the turn and at 19 my buddy and I went out in the blistering heat on Sat.

He threw down a 77 and I carded an 88.  What a round!  We were playing off each other and shot some good golf.  A couple at the turn on me and he got a couple at the 19th.

I had 5 pars and a birdy and he had 9 pars and a birdy.  That was his best score ever.  This is my second 88 in a row.  I am glad to be breaking the 90's but man, does he have to go and break 80 on me?

I have been trying to beat him for a few years now.  He has been playing for 30 years and I have been only playing for 5 years.  I will get him one day!

Gotta go setup a T Time for next Sat.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

I've been playing some good golf lately.

Shot a 74 (+2) from the backtees in a tournament last weekend and finished T6.

13 gir, 7 fir, 33 putts

Next tournament coming up on Saturday..

Shot 80 yesterday which is my best score since starting up golf again last year.

I was 2 under after 7 so part of me feels a little bit disappointed that I let it slip!  

I was feeling so good on the tee at 8 that I thought I'd hit a little draw into the lateral slope of the fairway to get a better position.  Unfortunately my ball missed the ground and went into the trees.  Took a few holes to get the wheels back on and back to playing shots I can actually hit.

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

I scored 99 yesterday on a par 71.... Dreadful game. I lost around 5 balls from the tea due to massive slice and the occasional push to the left. Just didn't real as if I had any confidence in my swing and was constantly trying to correct things. I've posted a video in the "members swing" area to hopefully get some advice!

71 (1 under) on saturday to win fourball match play final on my home course. 14 gir. 3 birdies. 1 ball in the hazard.

78 (6 over)on sunday. Very cold and windy day. Play good but end the round bogey.par.bogey.DBogey. 

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Just now, Pete said:

Faldo!!!

Yep. I think it's the third time I've done it.

But this thread is one of the few here where we ask for no replies, so I'm going to honor that about my own posts, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shot a 41 on a Par 36. Bogeyed the first five holes, parred the last four with four scrambles. Working on the short game a bunch seems to be a cure all for when the mid-range irons are off. Standard round for me is pretty solid driver play, mediocre-to-bad iron shot, and a scramble to either save it or make bogey. I would try to "fix" the irons, but then that means less time on the short game, which is what's saving me now.

Shot a 40 on par 36 in league last night.  5 pars and 4 bogeys. Won 5 out of 9 points.

Good - after duffing my first drive, I hit the next 6 in the fairway.  Hit 6 GIR and one other about 2 feet off in the apron pin high.

Bad - putting as usual.  Missed a few 4-6 footers yet again.

Sort of broke 80 for the first time today.

Shot 39 on the front nine, and then because there was a group of 3 foursomes in front of me that weren't letting anyone through I did the front nine again, and shot 34!

39+34 = 73

5 birdies and 7 pars with no doubles.  I wasn't too unhappy with the 39 but to get an under par nine holes feels like a pretty big deal for me so I'm stoked!  It also gives me some confidence that I can start shooting in the 70's on a full 18 pretty soon.

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

41** +6 with 2 lost balls. 4 of 7 fairways, 4 of 9 greens, and 15 putts.

**not really legitimate unfortunately because I had to take a drop for a lost ball which I didn't realize would not be found and couldn't go back to the tee as people were already there waiting. I did take +2 penalty for the drop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Tied my personal record of 83 from my home course.  It lowered my HI by 1 full point.    Scored 37 on front 9 with 5 straight GIRs at one stretch.  After par'ng 10th hole for +1 through the 1st 10 holes, I was on top of the world and begin to dream.  Then, I came back down to earth and played the remaining 8 holes to my HI level.   

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

played Weds, for the first time all summer :(     and shot a 55 over 9 holes... and could of been better but the last couple of holes i just went durrrrrrrrr  with several 8's,,,  if i could ever cut down my 3 putts, i'd be shooting low 40's consistently...  

It is what it is