IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Local 9 hole that plays 18 with 2 sets of tees.  97 from the whites.

I am regularly in the high 90s now, which was my season goal, but it doesn't feel as good as I thought it would.  Still too many shots left out there.

Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 42 (+7) over 9 holes last night.  That +7 included a double and a triple bogey, so my other holes I was pretty happy with! +2 over 5 holes is something that I can definitely live with, and had a couple birdie chances that I missed longish putts at.

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

Played in a charity scramble tournament yesterday with guys from my weekend group. We shot -16 gross and won 😎

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

50 - 48, far to many shots left short due to lack of courage plus playing too many missed fairways.  Over all, not too bad considering whee my game is.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Played 9 holes earlier today. (before it got real hot) Carded a 39 with three bogies, and 6 pars. Course was empty. Even the $15 green fees for 9 or 18, which included a cart, couldn't entice more folks to come out. 

I hit a lot of long bump, and run shots onto the greens using my long irons, and a shorter back swing. Some folks are calling these "run up" shots.

The 9 holes, plus two extras only took about 80 minutes.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Still currently playing but shot a 41 on the front 9 which at my handicap is an amazing score. Had to share because I’m pretty freaking pumped.

The round is done and I shot an 84. I’m so ecstatic with the way I played today. Putting has been getting sooooo much better really quickly as I have devoted some time to really working on that stroke. Setup has been key both in stance and grip in creating something that resembles a half decent putting stroke. Pitching was really really great. I went from zero to hero with my 60 degree wedge very quickly. @iacas paint brush feel quick pitching method has been absolutely huge in taking my game to this next level. The margin for error is really fantastic. I didn’t blade or chunk a single pitch. Just a touch of ground before the ball that interacts with the turf nicely since I’ve exposed the bounce and viola, a nice easy pitch.

Break down was 7 pars, 9 bogeys, 1 triple bogey and 1 double bogey.

42 on the back 9 of Missaukee Golf Course. No 6's on the scorecard. I doubled the first hole (par 3) and played bogey or less golf through the remaining 8. 

Hit a few extremely weak drives, so it was a bonus to be able to pick up pars and bogeys on those holes. 16 putts on greens I'm not very familiar with.

Overall, it was a confidence-building round.

Jon

Shot 95, but at a really tough course (72.1/135). Really great round for me considering the difficulty. Handicap is trending further downward!

Took advantage of Hot Summer promotion the local course is running for the locals. 

Played 9 holes for a score, plus an extra four holes to try a few things out. (10&18 twice).

Carded a 40 with my usual style of play of pars, and bogies. Putted pretty well to save a few strokes.

Except for off the tee, I didn't use too many full swings. Most were in the 1/2 to 3/4 variety. The few yards of distance I gave away using the 3/4 swings from the fairways, I made up with more accuracy, leaving myself better lies to hit from. 

Another plus is I am finally getting use to the higher temps, which will come in handy next week in Death Valley's higher temps. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

At the turn, I am having an interesting round.

Started with several doubles, finished with several pars and a birdie for a front 44. (Very good for me)

Let's see how the back goes.

Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

2 hours ago, millsan1 said:

At the turn, I am having an interesting round.

Started with several doubles, finished with several pars and a birdie for a front 44. (Very good for me)

Let's see how the back goes.

Oh it went.  Poorly.  56 for a 100.

Rushed a few, tried to whack a few, tried to get cute with a few and kerblewie.

On a positive note, i got rid of my slice, and had to try to get over 100 instead of having to try to get under, lol.

Played in the final match of our B-Team Interclub league yesterday and I finally think I might be coming out of my long funk.  Had been playing awful, but yesterday was the best round of the year.

35-36-71 Only 8 GIRS, but had 16 NGIR’s, so ended up with 16 pars, 1 birdie and 1 bogey.  

Plus we won our match and we are on to the playoffs.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Today's front 44 ended with a back 46.

Second best round ever for me.

Going into the 18th hole I sitting at a 68, I didn't look at my score or I may have teed off with my 3 wood but I probably wouldn't have changed it. I ended up driving through the fairway and had to punch out. It came out hot and blah blah blah, I ended up with double tying my low round record of 74.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Rounds from the past couple months, was gone for a couple weeks in June for a family trip.

IMG_7334.PNG

IMG_7335.PNG

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram