IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

The other day I shot a miserable 51-46. Didn’t putt great, with 37 total putts. It could've been worse, because I made four of five six-footers throughout the round. I hit one OB on the first and made an eight, and hit two OB on the fourth and made a 10. I three-putted from six feet for bogey on the ninth, and made back-to-back sevens on the 15th and 16th. Triple-double. I also had someone hit into me on the 13th hole. Not fun.

My grandpa and brother came out with me for the front nine, and they both shot 54, not far behind me. Hopefully I can get out on the course this weekend, but the weather is not ideal. It’s raining as I type this.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 79 on the home course today.

Started on 10 with a birdie and then went par, bogey, birdie, par, bogey, par, bogey, par, ending that 9 with a 1 over 37.

Then we moved to the first hole. Double bogey, par, bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey, par, par, par, ending with a 42.

Just couldn't put it together on the last 9, but I think part of the problem was we caught up to the crowd, so it was hit the ball and wait, and wait, and wait, then hit the ball and wait. Lost my whole rhythm and timing at that point. If we start the round, and I know it's going to be a slow day, I can adjust to that, but when you're clipping along, not waiting on anybody, and all of a sudden everything comes to a screeching halt, it throws everything out of whack.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Didn't do much correct today.  Driver started moving left to right which hasn't happened in a while.  Only pluses, when I kept driver in play, I was crushing it 275+.  Also, only had 5 penalty strokes.   Playing tomorrow.

CR/SR: 70.6/125, 6583 yards

Score: 110

2 Pars

3 Bogeys

6 Doubles

5 Triples

2 Quads or more.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Got to play for the second time this year the local "college" course and had a good day for me.  My score was a 101, a personal best at this course, only one penalty - lost the ball into the ravine on #8 par three off the tee.  Hitting three of the tee and still making 6 was a personal win.  On a day where I felt I wasn't hitting drives as far, I found that I was in the fairway 8 out of 14.  Maybe a lesson learned there?  Also worked on not killing the ball but rather what worked on approaches - lay up for a wedge/short iron or try to swing away and likely miss.  Choosing the former resulted in 9 nGIRs and 1 GIR, sadly all were bogies.  However the best part of the day only two double bogie holes and the lone triple on #8.  It was a day where I was consistently pitching/chipping on the green to putt for par, an unusual state of game for me.  A number of near miss putts that lipped and just slid by, resulting in 3 putting on 7 holes.  Overall the consistent play, i.e. setting me up for better looks at the green on approach shots, resulted in my having a great day even if the score was still a three-digit number.     

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

A solid 78 today. A pair of 39's. Nice consistent golf. 3 bogeys on each side, 6 pars on each side.

As my playing partners said, "Boring golf".

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

18 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

I hate golf today...

Tomorrow you will love golf again.😀

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Shot 41 on a Par 32 9 holer while on a weekend vacation. Two pars and a birdie were the highlight. Course was actually pretty tough... more than a few of the holes it was fairways or bust. I went bust a time or two. 

Today's round I decided to take @iacas's  advice and swing at roughly 70% and feel like I was more in control.  I also decided because I'd be swinging at presumably a slower swing speed that I'd take an extra club and I found success with that strategy.

CR/SR 71.5/126, 6298 yards

Score: 103

GIR: 5/18; 28%

FIR: 7/14; 50%

Penalty Strokes: 8

Birdie: 0

Pars: 3

Bogeys: 8

DB: 2

TB: 2

Quad Bogey+: 3

Penalty Strokes: 6

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Played 27 today: +3, +1, +3. Terrible ballstriking overall ESPECIALLY with my long irons, but no three putts and holed a TON of 5-9 footers for par. I've practiced quite a bit on my putting the past few days, so I'm super happy to see immediate results on my first time back out.

Edited by hunterw297

79 today for a differential of 5.8. Ball striking with the irons was better but my wedges and putting were awful. Couldn't control the distance or direction at all with how bad I was striking it for some reason.

SG (compared to scratch)

Driving: 2.49

Approach (>100 yds): 0.19

Short game (<100 yds): -2.66

Putting: -2.40

I also track the "Tiger Five," which is a better way of quantifying all the silly mistakes I make during my rounds. These were:

Bogeys on par 5s: 0

Double bogeys: 0

Three putts: 4

Bogeys with 9-iron or less: 2

Blown easy saves (which I quantify as any nGIR that isn't in a bunker/deep rough or terribly short sided): 3

Shot 92 at a course I’ve never played before.

Was cruising along on the front 9, hitting the ball crisply for the most part, and putting and short game were solid.

I got to #9 at +3 for the round. It’s a pretty simple par-5, about 520 yards, so I’m thinking par isn’t unreasonable based on my play during the previous 8 holes, and maybe I’ll make the turn under 40. Pond on the left side at about 280-290 yards and O.B. down the entire right side of the hole. Aimed at the right edge of the pond but hit a push toward the right hand rough. Looked like it was going to land safely, but it hit the cart path and bounced over the boundary fence. Spiraled to a quadruple bogey with a bad second shot after a drop and +2 penalty, and then my approach airmailed the green by 20 yards, pitched back over the green, chipped on, and 2 putts for a 9. Never really recovered psychologically for the rest of the round and faded physically down the stretch.

Made a bad quadruple bogey later to top off a lackluster back 9 and finished 43 / 49.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Yesterday was a fundraiser tournament for our golf team. We worked before and after the tournament, from about 9:00 in the morning to about 7:00 at night, tournament started at 1:30. Format was a 4-man scramble, everyone got a red tee and a mulligan. I played with some guys from the team (two of them are low cappers) and we shot a 59 (-13) with eleven birdies and an eagle. We could’ve shot lower too, because one guy almost drove the green on the short sixth hole, but we couldn’t get up and down. On the eighth hole, we couldn’t make a seven footer for birdie with five tries (feeling great over the putt, I used my mulligan there and lipped out the second time).

On the 16th hole, our third of the day because it was a shotgun start, I pulled out the big stick and said that since I had other guys to lean on, I’d play a bit more aggressive. So I swung out of my shoes on this particular hole and, with two pretty girls watching, nailed my drive over 260 yards down the middle, quite a bit beyond my average drive. It wasn’t the best shot out of the group, but it felt great.

I also hit a gutsy shot to a tight pin on the 7th hole (our 12th). It was playing about 130 yards to a front pin behind a bunker, and I hit a PW onto the front of the green, about eight feet out. It was a fun day of golf.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Played Memorial Park in 20-30 mph winds today and shot 81 for a 9.2 differential, which I'm pretty dang happy with to be honest. Didn't putt great and got a bit exposed by the tricky green complexes, but with the breeze as strong as it was it was just tough. Highlight of the day was definitely hitting 3w into the center of the green on 16, water surrounding on three sides with a 30 mph wind blowing straight into us, then two-putting from 60 feet downhill, downwind for par.

SG (compared to scratch):

Driving: 0.28

Approach (>100 yds): -2.35

Short game (<100 yds): -1.93

Putting: -2.14

• Like 1

Sunday, I shot a 76 (39-37) with 1 double bogey, 5 bogeys, 9 pars, and 3 birdies. Somewhat of a strange round. I was pushing everything straight right. Hit the trees about 160 yards out on the right off the first tee. Had 185 left to the pin, and dropped it about 8 feet away. Made the putt for the first birdie. Second hole, hit the trees on the right about 50 yards in front of the tee. About 300 yards to the green, hit my 3 wood down the center of the fairway, leaving about 100 yards to the pin. Dropped the 3rd shot 4 feet from the pin, and made the putt for par. Anyway, the whole day was like that.

Monday was match play against our top player, a +2 to my 4 handicap. He shot a 74, I was able to scramble well for a 76 (37-39). 5 bogeys, 12 pars, and 1 birdie.