IGNORED

Does winter end your golf year?

GolfTheMoon
Note: This thread is 3098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many rounds do you think you'll play the rest of this year?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many rounds do you think you'll play the rest of this year?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 6+
    • Zero, No more golfing for me this year.

Most course around Boston start closing after Thanksgiving when the ground freezes or snow stays. I will keep playing until I can't. Then I go indoors. There are several indoor simulator places in the area. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I put 6+ because India (and the southern part of it in particular) is lucky in that it is generally not very cold in the winter and we can play pretty much all year round.  The only time when golf takes a break for me is in the monsoon or rainy season

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

As long as there is no snow or major frost I will still head out to play. Like to get a few rounds playing links over the winter, usually a trip to Gullane or North Berwick does the trick.

WITB

Callaway Big Berth Alpha Driver 9* Stiff shaft

Adams 18 DHY

Titliest AP2 3-PW Project X 5.5

Nike VR 56*

Never Compromise Sub30 Type 40

My Swing

8 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

We should try and play one more round together before the year is out.

I'd be game. I've been amazed at the great deals on Golf Now if I play during football on Sunday.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

23 hours ago, GolfTheMoon said:

Having lived in Arizona my entire life, I'm curious how many of us are affected by the colder months. With the temperatures beginning to drop, does that limit your ability to play? Have any of you played your last round of the year yet?

We get enough relatively warm days here that the only thing that limits me on those days is the possibility of snow cover.  I hope to get out up to  a half dozen times over the winter.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Yes, 50's for me, highs in the 40's and it's over, the wind chill just gets too much.

Around here that low average usual hits in December, and ends in late April, so it's a long, hard four months.

8 hours ago, dkolo said:

I'd be game. I've been amazed at the great deals on Golf Now if I play during football on Sunday.

And it's still not enough to entice me to play during the games!  Haha.

I was thinking a Saturday and maybe meet halfway.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I may get in one or two with a rare warm day. I may play a bit this winter on the one course in the area that is open depending on conditions.

I will definitely hit the heated range stalls at Route Fore on days when the effective temperature is 32* F or above. See you there.

Kevin

Only need 4 more rounds to get to 5. I will play as much as I can still. Short game and putting are making things tough. I hit some great shots Tuesday with no reward and impossible putting...I don't know how many 12 foot and under birdie putts I had that just were erratic and missed.

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

My last round in 2014 was on 12/28/2014.  Enough courses in SE Michigan stay open to allow one to play until snow covers the ground.  Some years we make it to Thanksgiving, some years New Year's Eve.

Brian Kuehn

I put 3-4, but that's only because I'm going to Vegas next week and plan on playing about that many times. After that I doubt I'll play anymore until the spring. While I did learn that one of the courses here stays open through the winter and allows play as long as the weather permits, I have no inclination to play while wearing winter clothes. I have a hard enough time playing in just a long sleeved shirt that anything more than that would just annoy the crap out of me. Other than temperature, the lack of daylight really limits my playing. Even with the weather now being warm enough I don't have nearly enough time to get to the course after work and complete even 9 holes of golf. I tend to be an afternoon golfer anyway, so even weekends would be a race to finish 18.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

There won't be any more rounds on the course, but I plan on hitting into the net throughout the winter. If we get less snow this year as predicted, I might even be able to hit in the yard, which seems important with what I need to work on this.

If I get desperate - and I will - I'll hit the simulator a few times this winter when my budget allows.

Jon

Note: This thread is 3098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!