IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Hoping to go up to Sweetens Cove sometime this year.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm resuming my 50 state capital road trip on June 10, 2018. I'm planning to play in 25 capitals plus Washington DC. The list has the courses I plan to play and the order, weather permitting. 

Going to the Pinehurst area at the end of March. Playing Mid-South, Pine Needles, and Tobacco Road.

My goals are to return to Hilton Head and to go to Ponte Vedra along with a visit to the World Golf Hall of Fame in St. Augustine. As I have posted on other threads, I was fortunate enough to go to th

Posted Images

Heading to Pinehurst area Wednesday through Sunday.

Tot Hill Farm

Pine Needles

Mid Pines

No. 4

No. 7

The Cradle

No. 2

Tobacco Road

@DaveP043 where do we go for good Carolina bbq?  Pik N Pig?

37 minutes ago, dsc123 said:

Tot Hill Farm

Pine Needles

Mid Pines

No. 4

No. 7

The Cradle

No. 2

Tobacco Road

5 days. 8 rounds. You're going to need a lot of BBQ.

26 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

5 days. 8 rounds. You're going to need a lot of BBQ.

Haha, yeah.  We did 6 last year.  Decided to add one more this year.  Then this morning some people were chatting about what to do when we get there and things escalated quickly.  Before I knew it we had two tee times at Tot Hill Farm.  What can I say?  We've been snowed in for a while.

Edited by dsc123

8 hours ago, dsc123 said:

That's my choice, there's really not a great barbecue joint in town.  If you're driving down Route 1 and feeling peckish, you can stop in at Stubbs just south of Sanford.  

If you're going to the Pig on a Saturday, you might consider calling ahead to reserve some ribs. Ribs aren't traditionally Carolina-style, but they're pretty dang good.  And if you're hanging out at MidPines after playing, and your cholesterol is OK, think about trying the Buffalo chicken bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

If you're driving down Route 1 and feeling peckish, you can stop in at Stubbs just south of Sanford.  

Oh man!  I have some Stubb's BBQ sauce in my fridge. Good stuff.  Makes me feel peckish a dozen times during the summer. 😁

Edited by Double Mocha Man

10 hours ago, dsc123 said:

Tot Hill Farm

Pine Needles

Mid Pines

No. 4

No. 7

The Cradle

No. 2

Tobacco Road

Pinehurst Brewing Company has some of the best wings I've ever had. Highly recommended. They're smoked wings and we got the Cheerwine BBQ sauce. Also their Brisket cheeseburger is another great option as well.

image.png

My next trip will be to Kentucky in 4 weeks for our 5th annual trip to Tanglewood Golf Course. 

34 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Oh man!  I have some Stubb's BBQ sauce in my fridge. Good stuff.  Makes me feel peckish a dozen times during the summer. 😁

I think that Stubbs sauce is from Texas, different from the Stubbs and Sons in NC.  But I agree, its pretty good sauce.  @klineka has another great suggestion, Pinehurst Brewing has very good food.  Its not specifically Eastern Carolina BBQ, but its delicious.  The beers are pretty good too.

8 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I think that Stubbs sauce is from Texas, different from the Stubbs and Sons in NC.  But I agree, its pretty good sauce.  @klineka has another great suggestion, Pinehurst Brewing has very good food.  Its not specifically Eastern Carolina BBQ, but its delicious.  The beers are pretty good too.

All this food talk is making me hungry for breakfast.

4 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

That's my choice, there's really not a great barbecue joint in town.  If you're driving down Route 1 and feeling peckish, you can stop in at Stubbs just south of Sanford.  

If you're going to the Pig on a Saturday, you might consider calling ahead to reserve some ribs. Ribs aren't traditionally Carolina-style, but they're pretty dang good.  And if you're hanging out at MidPines after playing, and your cholesterol is OK, think about trying the Buffalo chicken bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers.

Thanks!  We're staying at Mid Pines Wednesday night so I appreciate the rec.

We were going to drive down Thursday and start the trip with Mid Pines in the afternoon and stay at Pinehurst that night.  Starting thinking about driving down the night before so I called Mid Pines to ask what it would cost to stay there for a night.  $247 for a stay and play with 1 night and 2 rounds.   We were already paying $165 to play Mid Pines.  $82 to add a night and a round at Pine Needles?  😍

2 hours ago, klineka said:

Pinehurst Brewing Company has some of the best wings I've ever had. Highly recommended. They're smoked wings and we got the Cheerwine BBQ sauce. Also their Brisket cheeseburger is another great option as well.

image.png

My next trip will be to Kentucky in 4 weeks for our 5th annual trip to Tanglewood Golf Course. 

We're staying at the Manor Inn from Thur to Sun, so that'll definitely be on our list.  We did go last year, when we also stayed at the Manor Inn.