IGNORED

golf bag options!

JMHARDING
Note: This thread is 2986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Stand bag of course, I see no reason to have a cart bag, stand bags can go anywhere and are more convenient when not on a cart.

Can't store as much stuff in a cart bag.  I need all the room I can get.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I use a cart bag.  If I walk I use a push cart, my carrying days are over.  I like the cart bag because it has an insulated pocket to put my drink and ice.   I have not seen this feature on a carry bag.

Butch

Currently using a Titleist stand bag, circa 201 - it is Green & White, which I don't think they've made since.

Even if I'm not carrying on the course, since I'm mainly a public course guy these days, I still have to carry to/from the range and the parking lot, so until I'm a club guy again I won't get a cart bag.

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a cart bag as I am unable to physically walk the course.  I do regret though every time I'm at the range and the wind blows my bag over.  Had to do it again would get a stand bag for that reason.

The only time I dislike my cart bag is if I just go to the range to work on stuff and it's windy. I still wouldn't trade it as in the summer I have a power cart and if I am away playing in winter I try to walk more (bad knee) and use a push cart as walking keeps me warmer.

I have a carry bag I keep in the attic and a cart bag I use for most of my rounds. Bought a 14 way stand bag but exchanged for the cart bag. A stand bag is just not sturdy enough to carry all my gear esp in winter when some of my layers have to go in the bag as it warms up.

My two main bags are stand bags. I also use cart bags and I like the old staff style/size bag though not necessarily with logos. I am not walking much due to a tricky knee, but when I do walk, I actually prefer the lighter slimmer carry bags without the stand.

Duh, maybe I shouldn't have posted, LOL, I use them all.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2016 at 2:26 PM, JMHARDING said:

Do you use a stand bag or cart bag and why? Im stuck the middle of what I want just need some opinons!

I have BOTH!   why limit yourself?

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I've got both, but my gear is currently in a light cart bag which I use with a push cart. The stand bag currently has some extra and misc. and trial&error clubs in it. The ranges I use usually have stands to lean the bag on so a non-stand bag isn't an issue.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Cart bag for me!  I walk about 75% of my rounds, with a push cart, and ride the rest.  A cart bag has more room for things and is easier to attach to both the push cart and the riding cart (no legs in the way).  The downside is when it's really breezy on the driving range or in the parking lot and it might fall over.  Otherwise, it's easy enough to carry it for a few hundred yards from the car to the club house when needed (before loading on to a riding cart), or from the cart path to the range stall. Sure, I wouldn't walk and carry with it, but then again, I don't walk and carry anyway...

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

I have a stand bag.  I use a push cart mostly but like the ability to carry for the driving range.  Depends on the stand and push cart, the legs can not let the bag sit straight.

Driver: Nike SasQuatch 460 Tour Graphite
Irons: Titleist CB 712 Dynamic Gold
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX Black Pearl Steel Wedge 50° and 54°, Cleveland 588 RTG 60°
Putter: Nike Method Matter M4-12

I have a stand bag that's over a decade old. One of the legs isn't working right now, and the hinges are rusting, so I'm looking for a new bag now. I haven't decided if I want stand or cart this time. I ride exclusively, but I like the potential to walk, if I choose. The reason a cart appeals to me is getting the 14-way, full-length dividers seems to give you more options in cart than stand.

Cart bag for a few reasons, but here's the top few reasons I PREFER cart bags:

1. Most rounds I play are 18 holes and I prefer to ride so I can walk later that day

2. Cart bags hold everything I need for playing in northern climate including: extra warm weather clothing; rain suit; sun screen; bug spray; ample supply of essentials like balls tees, etc.; bushnell laser; valuables; 

3. I don't like to search before each round making sure I have everything I MIGHT need for a round of golf.  With the cart bag, everything I WILL need is already in there.  Clubs in trunk and we're off to the course.

I used to use a stand-bag, but finding room for all the extra crap needed for playing golf in NE Ohio had to go in and out of bag, move this or that OUT of the bag so other stuff needed just that day has a place to fit.

Give me 'the trunk,' load it once and I'm good to go all season long.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 2986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!