IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

iacas

nothing to add, just that my last three rounds have been below 90 (85 82 87), so I guess I can realistically look forward to breaking 80 (again) soon provided I can get out more than once every two weeks. If not, thats okay too.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this Forum and I have really enjoyed reading it.  So here are my achievements:

1 Eagle this year in April, left a putt on the lip for a second

Broke 90

Breaking 80 - twice this year BUT if you do not reward this I am fine, both courses I shot 77s BUT Par on both of the courses was 68.  So your call either way I am fine.

Played Even Par - yet I do not know the rules for this one as it was for 9 holes.  On the front nine I was even boogey (4 doubles, 4 pars, 1 bogey, missed 5 putts at 3 feet, argh) on the back nine I played even par with 2 bogeys, 2 birdies and 5 pars and left a putt on the lip on 18 to finish 1 under, double ARGH.  So if even Par is required for 18 holes I am fine with that.

Under Par, yes I have BUT that was 15 years ago prior to my long break from the game, in the last 3 years I have not done that yet, I have been close so if that was to long ago I feel fine with not having that one.  All your call.

Is the LSW book available in electronic form?  I would prefer to purchase it that way to read on my Surface.

Thank you TST - great forum, djake

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• Administrator
18 hours ago, djake said:

I am new to this Forum and I have really enjoyed reading it.  So here are my achievements:

1 Eagle this year in April, left a putt on the lip for a second

Congrats. I added that one.

Broke 90

Breaking 80 - twice this year BUT if you do not reward this I am fine, both courses I shot 77s BUT Par on both of the courses was 68.  So your call either way I am fine.

Got it… for the 90. If you decide that you want to earn the 80 badge at any point in time, please update this topic. You seemed unsure, so I didn't want to give you an award you weren't sure you'd really earned.

Played Even Par - yet I do not know the rules for this one as it was for 9 holes.  On the front nine I was even boogey (4 doubles, 4 pars, 1 bogey, missed 5 putts at 3 feet, argh) on the back nine I played even par with 2 bogeys, 2 birdies and 5 pars and left a putt on the lip on 18 to finish 1 under, double ARGH.  So if even Par is required for 18 holes I am fine with that.

Under Par, yes I have BUT that was 15 years ago prior to my long break from the game, in the last 3 years I have not done that yet, I have been close so if that was to long ago I feel fine with not having that one.  All your call.

Yes, for 18 holes.

Is the LSW book available in electronic form?

No.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think I'm going to claim it.  I shot 40/39 to break 80.... On a par 70 course.  I only claim it because it's a difficult par 70 course, only 2 par 5s, no driveable par 4s and the par 3s are tough!

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

• Administrator
4 hours ago, amished said:

I think I'm going to claim it.  I shot 40/39 to break 80.... On a par 70 course.  I only claim it because it's a difficult par 70 course, only 2 par 5s, no driveable par 4s and the par 3s are tough!

All yours. Congrats!

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've been hesitant to claim due to my fear of stating anything in front of the golf gods, but a good swing > silly superstition...so here goes.

Broke 90, shot 89 when I visited my dad.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Foot Wedge said:

I've been hesitant to claim due to my fear of stating anything in front of the golf gods, but a good swing > silly superstition...so here goes.

Broke 90, shot 89 when I visited my dad.

You've got it!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, CMartis said:

I broke 100 today. It's a big deal for me. So far I've only played 13-14 rounds. It's a great day.

You've got it!

Congratulations!

• Thumbs Up 1

Had my first Eagle in a long, long time yesterday.  Thank goodness for Clayton County Club and their short par 5 of only 480 yards!

May need to play this course more often.  Been never that I could go driver, wedge on any par 4, and got that opportunity twice yesterday plus driver, 5 iron into a par 5.

Edited by scotth

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

2 holes in one - same course same hole - Philadelphia Country Club #5

Broke par 3 times two times at Philadelphia Country Club and 1 time at Tiburon in Naples

At least 5 eagles with the holes in one. 

Most important love the game that I passed it on to my kids.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, scotth said:

Had my first Eagle in a long, long time yesterday.  Thank goodness for Clayton County Club and their short par 5 of only 480 yards!

Got it!

12 hours ago, Billsy said:

2 holes in one - same course same hole - Philadelphia Country Club #5

Broke par 3 times two times at Philadelphia Country Club and 1 time at Tiburon in Naples

At least 5 eagles with the holes in one.

Added them. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 8/12/2017 at 2:44 PM, Midpack said:

Ordered LSW yesterday afternoon, as a show of appreciation for TST as much as the book/content itself. Looking forward to reading it!

Thanks! You'll enjoy it.

You already have the award so I must have given it to you when you said you were going to order a week ago or whatever! :-)

Not sure how all this works, but here's my list:

broke 100

broke 90

broke 80

broke 70

made many eagles

made an albatross

made 2 hole in ones

have won several tournaments 

and I'm a stupid monkey

11 minutes ago, dmay_golf said:

I'm a stupid monkey

Erik will be along eventually and get you set up with the other achievements, but the stupid monkey achievement is a bit more rigorous. 

Whike you may very well be one, this specific achievement is earned over time- typically in a member swing thread.  Someone else usually nominates you, and it's for sustained and documented commitment to very focused aspects of swing improvement. 

I'm on my phone right now so it's a bit hard to search the site and paste links, but you can search the term for more details if interested. 

And welcome to TST! Glad to have u

• Thumbs Up 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I've broken par alot.
Plenty of eagles.
Hole in one last year at the Neuse country club hit 8 iron from 165 and got to see it go in.
Albatross this year at pinewild.  Had 222 to a front pin wasn't playing that great that day but, hit a 3 hybrid over a pine tree didn't get to see it go in but, once I got to the green my playing partner started yelling that it was in the hole.  Pretty awesome and got it recorded in gamegolf.

I've won a few CGA events but, nothing spectactular. 

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome