IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

I gotta give him credit.

And it's not like he just focuses on this Major - he really prepares for all of them.  Gotta commend him for this dedication.

Still hope Phil, Rory, or Day win, though. :-D

Haha, same. I mean for me, I guess I don't really mind who wins, I just don't want anyone to run away with it. But yea, I'd love to see Rory or Day take this down. I wouldn't mind seeing Phil either. 

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And now Ernie holes a 38 foot birdie putt. Maybe he rose to your daughter's challenge @onthehunt526!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Fowler fires an opening 80.  Yikes.  Currently second to last for the whole field.

Edited by pumaAttack

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

5 minutes ago, b101 said:

And now Ernie holes a 38 foot birdie putt. Maybe he rose to your daughter's challenge @onthehunt526!

Maybe.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

It didn't have to be an 80. He made the 8 and finished the round with a frownie. He stubbed chips hit crap approaches that he usually wouldn't. Unless he is injured that was all bad attitude.

Dave :-)

5 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Fowler fires an opening 80.  Yikes.  Currently second to last for the whole field.

He has just not performed in majors. Very disappointing. He competed at the 2014 PGA, but outside of that, he really hasn't sniffed a win in a major. He's got some backdoor top-5 and top-10s here and there, but tell me a major outside of Valhalla where he was right in it with a chance to win on the back 9 on Sunday.

Players are very fortunate for the overnight rains. Wind blowing pretty good but the soft greens are making some low scores possible. If these greens were hard, today would be murder.

5 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

He has just not performed in majors. Very disappointing. He competed at the 2014 PGA, but outside of that, he really hasn't sniffed a win in a major. He's got some backdoor top-5 and top-10s here and there, but tell me a major outside of Valhalla where he was right in it with a chance to win on the back 9 on Sunday.

I can't.

It seems to me Rickie has a bad hole or two and it frustrates him so much, he loses his focus. Which is sad to see as talented as this kid is.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

29 minutes ago, b101 said:

My point is that I don't think you should be able to hit three wood around the corner. I do take your point about lengthening the tee not being a great idea, but I do think it needs to be a bit longer for the approach. Everyone has a different opinion, I guess. 

Nah, my wife couldn't!

If the club thinks changes on 13 are necessary, the best option would be adding a fairway bunker on the outside of the dogleg on the Bubba line, discouraging the "cut the corner by bombing driver over the trees" route. Anything else would be overkill, in my opinion.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Ok, swing experts out there, help me out.

Why exactly does Bryson DeChambeau's swing "look" so odd.  What is so different about the mechanics from a traditional swing?

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

DeChambeau is showing some kind of composure out there. He's scrambling like a sum-bitch. 

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

3 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

If the club thinks changes on 13 are necessary, the best option would be adding a fairway bunker on the outside of the dogleg on the Bubba line, discouraging the "cut the corner by bombing driver over the trees" route. Anything else would be overkill, in my opinion.

Agreed, I think not as a risk/reward hole would be a bad thing. I get it though, the tributary to Rae's Creek is not really in play for those who go for it...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

2 minutes ago, natureboy said:

Rory has a birdie after 2 holes.

That's what Rory needs. He needs a good start. His biggest problem in the 3 majors he played last year was bad starts. Then he rallied in all 3 and posted good finishes.

Lowry has started off ridiculously quickly - flagging it on 2, 3 and 4 :mellow:

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

6 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Ok, swing experts out there, help me out.

Why exactly does Bryson DeChambeau's swing "look" so odd.  What is so different about the mechanics from a traditional swing?

Higher hands and more extended arms at address than 'typical'.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

Note: This thread is 2945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!