IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2951 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 of the 25 guys on the course are over par right now. The players at Even are mostly guys who just finished the first hole! Ummmm.....good luck today, guys. Glad I'm not playing.

7 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Why did Larry then have to bogey his next four holes?

:-(. If you ask these commentators, they'll probably tell you he should have left himself longer putts or some other rubbish!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Disagree about scoring. I think today's going to be the hardest by far. It's the "cold wind", which is more of a stronger and gusty wind that's going to hit these players, and the very low humidity is the worst part of the whole forecast.

An extra 'heavy' day for sure. The lower air temps also increase the effect of the vertical wind gradient so the gusts have even more impact than usual.

Kevin

That wind is really whipping out there.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Adam Scott just massacred his drive on 11.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

What's different today from the first two days is it's a consistent sustainedwind. It's blowing heavy out there non-stop. That's what a cold front does. So if you can finish the end of the day around 2 or 3-over, you're actually not going to be in that bad a shape most likely.

The fairways are littered with Magnolia leaves, Augusta National can't be happy about the way the course looks.  

Joe Paradiso

2 hours ago, b101 said:

Whatever happens, it should be a lot of fun out there! I am like a little kid at Christmas this weekend; my wife hasn't really seen me between heading to the course and sitting in front of my laptop with the headphones in so she can have the TV. Shame we've only got two more days before the next 2 month wait till Oakmont.

Not for me. The Players Championship is my 3rd Favorite tournament of the year. It will be here before you know it:beer:

Just now, Natural Patrick said:

Not for me. The Players Championship is my 3rd Favorite tournament of the year. It will be here before you know it:beer:

True - in fairness, I love the Memorial in June as well, mainly for the venue. Other than that, it's the two Opens and the Masters that I get really excited about. Like most, the PGA doesn't do as much for me.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Here are the actual toughest holes on the course ranked by strokes gained from the tee shot. 

Expected Rank.JPG

Hole #11 is actually the 10th hardest hole if you consider it's a 505 yard par 4.

Hole #1 a beast.

Hole #13 gets a bad rap as an easy birdie hole when it actually plays 3/10ths harder than what you would normally get from a 510 yard par 5. Hole #15 is the hardest hole on the course playing nearly 4/10ths of a stroke harder than it's expected strokes gained.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Some weapons-grade nonsense from Brandel about why Rory was hitting a hook a few years ago. Whoo.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

3 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

Some weapons-grade nonsense from Brandel about why Rory was hitting a hook a few years ago. Whoo.

Man I'm glad we don't have that chump on our screens. We get Monty, Butch Harmon, Paul McGinley and... *cough*... Rich Beem.

36 minutes ago, b101 said:

True - in fairness, I love the Memorial in June as well, mainly for the venue. Other than that, it's the two Opens and the Masters that I get really excited about. Like most, the PGA doesn't do as much for me.

That course is a pain to walk as a spectator. There are few spots where you can watch a lot of stuff going on. It is a great looking course. 

7 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

Rory's swing path is in the 6 degree outward range. He probably caught a swing that might have been 7-8 degrees outward with a face that is like 4-5 degrees closed to the path. ;) A hook should be the bad miss for Rory with his swing path. It's like Bryson's interview yesterday when he was asked about the 18th's tee shot. He just said, "I pulled it". Golfers can hit bad shots. It's not like Brandel never hit a bad shot in his golfing career ;)  

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Oosthuizen in the club house at +4 shooting a 71. Gonna sound crazy, but he may have a shot come tomorrow. Not gonna be a lot of guys ahead of him. My guess is that will be around 11th or 12th place by day's end, maybe 5 off lead.

Edited by ChrisP

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Oosthuizen in the club house at +4 shooting a 71. Gonna sound crazy, but he may have a shot come tomorrow. Not gonna be a lot of guys ahead of him. My guess is that will be around 11th or 12th place by day's end, maybe 5 off lead.

I picked him in the predictions contest to win at 7-under. Did anyone go higher lower to par than that?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Yeah but I don't think Spieth or McIlroy are going to back up much today. I think they're both too good to shoot over par today and we'll see the lead at four or five under par.

Riley

Note: This thread is 2951 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!