IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, atb5079 said:

He's just so mehhhh. I don't know how else to put it. He does nothing for me. This leaderboard is making me want to go to the range. I am trying to keep interested, but I can't. I don't remember ever being like this when Tiger was killing it or even Phil. Jordan is just not fun. Day makes this fun. Rickie and DJ make this fun. Rory definitely has the moxie and makes this fun (when he learns to putt). So meh.

I want to go to the range too.  I've barely gone in four months :-(But it's raining here.  

I'm also actually enjoying it, but I see why others might not. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, natureboy said:

Day within 4 with a bunch to play.

Just sliced it like a crazy person and did not get a Jordan Spieth famous lucky bounce.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

would like to think that Westwood would save me from having to listen to another Spieth victory speech, but we all know he will sh*t himself once he realizes he has a shot :-(

3 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

He's just so mehhhh. I don't know how else to put it. He does nothing for me. This leaderboard is making me want to go to the range. I am trying to keep interested, but I can't. I don't remember ever being like this when Tiger was killing it or even Phil. Jordan is just not fun. Day makes this fun. Rickie and DJ make this fun. Rory definitely has the moxie and makes this fun (when he learns to putt). So meh.

Your perception is distorted by emotion.

3 minutes ago, RJH999 said:

He's about as white chocolate as they come.

What kind of men are your type? You like tall dark and handsome?

I'm here for the golf but whatever...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

2 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I wouldn't exactly say DJ exudes "emotion".

4 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

There's nothing moderately interesting about him.

He is bland, meh...

Also from Texas...:content:

Edited by RJH999
  • Upvote 1

Riley

2 minutes ago, rolopolo said:

would like to think that Westwood would save me from having to listen to another Spieth victory speech, but we all know he will sh*t himself once he realizes he has a shot :-(

I can't imagine a Westwood victory speech would be terribly animated. For the reason you describe, though, it will always remain a hypothetical question.

Just now, atb5079 said:

I wouldn't exactly say DJ exudes "emotion".

"Your" emotion. Not theirs.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Is there a stat that tracks scoring after bogies or worse? I'd be interested in seeing Spieth vs the average.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Still confused by the statement "he doesn't show any emotion." Like huh? I even posted a picture of him showing lots of it. But whatever. Like someone said, Spieth must be becoming a true superstar because he's racking up his hater army.

Just now, ScouseJohnny said:

I can't imagine a Westwood victory speech would be terribly animated. For the reason you describe, though, it will always remain a hypothetical question.

You kidding? I know it's Lee, but after all his near misses, I reckon it'd be pretty animated.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

But yeah, hypothetical...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Rory is definitely lucky he got his 4 in before Jordan came along. Jordan might just hold this tour hostage for 5yrs. Hell, Spieth could go wire to wire at Oakmont. Another course where he can avoid the big number compared to his competitors, his putter will save him and he can just laugh at all the others 3 putting their ways to 75s+

Edited by atb5079

1 minute ago, b101 said:

You kidding? I know it's Lee, but after all his near misses, I reckon it'd be pretty animated.

snot and tears i think if he wins

2 minutes ago, RJH999 said:

There's nothing moderately interesting about him.

He is bland, meh...

What's interesting is the great amount of success he's had in a relatively short period of time and overall he's a good person.  I don't see him being any different that Rory or Jason Day.  

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!