IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2930 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dustin with a great approach on #10.  Can he make it three in a row?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

Ease up on his jockstrap bud, I don't hate Jordan. He is a good young guy. I don't hate him. He is not Bubba. But, Jordan is just plain boring. To me he is not good for the overall game and I do NOT want a tour monopoly again like we had with Tiger for awhile. At least when Tiger did it though, he was flat out entertaining to watch. I don't get excited watching Jordan. I don't know if I ever contemplated turning Sunday at Augusta off before. His slow play and fidgeting also make it extremely difficult to watch and root for him.

If Day or Rors would just play the way they can, they would be right there. He is good for the game. People like watching history made. You two, @RJH999 are just sour haters. I love good play. I love it when Rory or Day play lights out too. You guys have personal issues with him. Kinda like the crabs in a basket...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

If Jordan is hit with a slow play penalty at least that'll bring him back to the field a little bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, natureboy said:

Those are his less commendable traits. Like watching his golf, though. At least he's not Keegan with the fidgets.

Or those God awful Oakley shoes....ewww

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

1 minute ago, iacas said:

If Jordan is hit with a slow play penalty at least that'll bring him back to the field a little bit.

What I don't understand is why they adhere so rigidly to order of play on the tour.  Jordan hitting his chip while Smylie prepares his wouldn't help either of them, other than to speed things along.  It doesn't even have to be regular 'ready golf.'

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

If Day or Rors would just play the way they can, they would be right there. He is good for the game. People like watching history made. You two, @RJH999 are just sour haters. I love good play. I love it when Rory or Day play lights out too. You guys have personal issues with him. Kinda like the crabs in a basket...

I would have loved to see the three of them coming down the stretch within a shot of each other and ahead of the field!

Spieth taking control.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

... did that just say that Jordan has the most birdies of anyone through 134 holes... at the Masters since 2015?  

-- Michael | My swing! 

2 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

Or those God awful Oakley shoes....ewww

They are gawd awful underarmor shoes

4 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Hell yeah I'm a sour hater

Bitter af

Riley

Went to an arts and crafts festival instead of watching golf all day. I just checked the leaderboard for the first time in about an hour, and I'm glad I found other things to do.

I sure hope someone does something on the back nine.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

1 minute ago, Valleygolfer said:

He's probably 2 shots better than this if you adjust for their impact on his game. :-P

Kevin

It's going to take a pace of play penalty to bring Spieth back to the field because it doesn't appear anyone in the field is going to chase him down.  

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Went to an arts and crafts festival instead of watching golf all day. I just checked the leaderboard for the first time in about an hour, and I'm glad I found other things to do.

That's actually pretty dope tbh

Riley

2 minutes ago, natureboy said:

I would have loved to see the three of them coming down the stretch within a shot of each other and ahead of the field!

Spieth taking control.

I was hoping Rory and Spieth would stay in the final group together trading jabs. They never seem to be on the same page though.

1 minute ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Does playing golf count as doing something?  If so, I have good news for you.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Golf needs a new Seve. I'm not begrudging Spieth at all, but this looks a bit like the golf equivalent of computer chess. It's all very logical, methodical, and cautiously executed. I want to see some guy hit it wildly it off the tee and then hit it to within six feet from a car park or something.

Edited by ScouseJohnny

3 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

No negative comments about Spieth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Note: This thread is 2930 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!