IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

1 minute ago, Dave2512 said:

I kept my PCP iwith Obamacare. Obama didn't lie about that. 

Haha, well yes, and you are also one of the 26% who claim the country is better now than 8 years ago.  Good on you, but the rest of us aren't quite so fortunate.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Haha, well yes, and you are also one of the 26% who claim the country is better now than 8 years ago.  Good on you, but the rest of us aren't quite so fortunate.

Please detail your post 2008 plight. Eight years ago you were slamming Obama before he spent a day in office, right. 

Dave :-)

6 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Please detail your post 2008 plight. Eight years ago you were slamming Obama before he spent a day in office, right. 

Actually, no, although I have been conservative since I started a family, around 26 years ago.  But no, I was very disappointed in Bush, not for the reasons you were, I'm sure, but disappointed nonetheless.

I abstained from voting that year and actually thought Obama was the lesser evil than Hillary.  That is the media's fault for not investigating and vetting him.  Instead, they anointed him.  So, I don't blame folks for voting for him in '08, he was an unknown quantity promising hope and change.  If one voted for him twice, then yes, I might find that person lacking because hope and change didn't come and we knew then he was a liar.

In terms of my plight, that's not something I would air in public but suffice it to say, I am not doing near as well as I was in '08, and I was not able to retain my doctor.  But I don't begrudge anyone who has thrived in this economy, they must be smarter than me.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

19 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Actually, no, although I have been conservative since I started a family, around 26 years ago.  But no, I was very disappointed in Bush, not for the reasons you were, I'm sure, but disappointed nonetheless.

I abstained from voting that year and actually thought Obama was the lesser evil than Hillary.  That is the media's fault for not investigating and vetting him.  Instead, they anointed him.  So, I don't blame folks for voting for him in '08, he was an unknown quantity promising hope and change.  If one voted for him twice, then yes, I might find that person lacking because hope and change didn't come and we knew then he was a liar.

In terms of my plight, that's not something I would air in public but suffice it to say, I am not doing near as well as I was in '08, and I was not able to retain my doctor.  But I don't begrudge anyone who has thrived in this economy, they must be smarter than me.

Not sure why you think you know me, you don't. Because I didn't lose a PCP I didn't value anyway is meaningless. Presidents, party lines and trying to squeeze life into a mold has never been my thing. I don't align with anything no hand is up my ass, not a puppet. 

11 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Not sure why you think you know me, you don't. Because I didn't lose a PCP I didn't value anyway is meaningless. Presidents, party lines and trying to squeeze life into a mold has never been my thing. I don't align with anything no hand is up my ass, not a puppet. 

OK.

18 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

The last 16 years were bad years for our country as far as I'm concerned.  Until Obama I didn't think anyone could be as bad as Carter and GW, Obama proved me wrong, he was just as bad as both of them.   

All politicians lie, sadly, the media has refused to shine light on Obama's shortcomings.  We are asked to blindly accept unemployment numbers that don't include all the people that fell off the list and gave up finding a job.  They make excuses for his failure to improve our economic growth beyond 3% in 7 years.  We are told to ignore that his method for keeping us out of a recession was to print tons of money that has created a bubble in our economy and stock market that someone else with have to fix.  Also let's not forget that he's done nothing to bring people or the two parties closer together and saddled us with a failed healthcare plan that no one believes can be financially viable.  

For someone who promised hope, change and transparency he was nearly a total failure.  

Joe Paradiso

51 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

The last 16 years were bad years for our country as far as I'm concerned.  Until Obama I didn't think anyone could be as bad as Carter and GW, Obama proved me wrong, he was just as bad as both of them.   

All politicians lie, sadly, the media has refused to shine light on Obama's shortcomings.  We are asked to blindly accept unemployment numbers that don't include all the people that fell off the list and gave up finding a job.  They make excuses for his failure to improve our economic growth beyond 3% in 7 years.  We are told to ignore that his method for keeping us out of a recession was to print tons of money that has created a bubble in our economy and stock market that someone else with have to fix.  Also let's not forget that he's done nothing to bring people or the two parties closer together and saddled us with a failed healthcare plan that no one believes can be financially viable.  

For someone who promised hope, change and transparency he was nearly a total failure.  

It's fascinating how differently we see things. (Like almost literally 180 degrees :P)  :)

8 hours ago, newtogolf said:

You forget to mention he ran into a republican roadblock every time he tried to do all the things you mention. 

9 hours ago, Gunther said:

I am way better off than eight years ago. I lost 50% of my retirement during the collapse in 2007-8. Got it all back and more since. Most of my friends, work mates (global company BTW) have also done better. Don't act like things haven't improved at all since 2008. Even your state has recovered for the most part except for oil pricing.

http://thetexaseconomy.org/economic-outlook/

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

It's fascinating how differently we see things. (Like almost literally 180 degrees :P)  :)

We are on opposite sides of the country :beer:

I hope for the sake of my kids you're right and what I see is wrong, but I'm pretty in tune with the financial markets being a day / swing trader.  

Joe Paradiso

11 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

We are on opposite sides of the country :beer:

I hope for the sake of my kids you're right and what I see is wrong, but I'm pretty in tune with the financial markets being a day / swing trader.  

Spoiler

It's off topic but I am not much of a gambler. When I invest, I rarely change things. I would be terrified to trade on the market daily. During the financial crisis, I didn't change anything and essentially let it ride for 5 years. When things got back and above where they were, I then made some minor changes.

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I am way better off than eight years ago. I lost 50% of my retirement during the collapse in 2007-8. Got it all back and more since. Most of my friends, work mates (global company BTW) have also done better. Don't act like things haven't improved at all since 2008. Even your state has recovered for the most part except for oil pricing.

As I said, good on you, I truly am happy that you've done well.  I'm not struggling by any means but I am far less wealthy than I was in '08.  Maybe it's the $10,000 I spend every year on my kid's volleyball, wasn't doing that in '08, ha.

Only 26% of the country is in your boat according to this week's Fox News poll.  Couple that with the 60 to 70% of folks who regularly respond to polls that the country is on the wrong track.  Pretty good indicators in my mind.  

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I guess I was lucky enough to start full time work in 2008. 

I agree things have approved. I disagree that the President was a substantial influence to the level we give him credit for. 

11 hours ago, Gunther said:

Where did you pull that number from? 

A you clarified here, 

35 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Only 26% of the country is in your boat according to this week's Fox News poll.  Couple that with the 60 to 70% of folks who regularly respond to polls that the country is on the wrong track.  Pretty good indicators in my mind.  

Here is one from a Gallup poll done in January. 

http://www.gallup.com/poll/188867/half-say-better-off-eight-years-ago.aspx

50% of Americans in January said they thought we were better off that we were 8 years ago. 

Now, 66% of Americans say we are on the wrong track. That just goes to show you how the wording of a question can influence the answer. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/direction_of_country-902.html

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Well I can honestly say the last 2.5 years have been rough. But the POTUS isn't to blame. The economy is so strong in CO our customer base has shrank (subprime lending). We prosper when people are struggling but I wouldn't hope for that to line my pockets. We are restructuring to stop the bleeding.

On 5/21/2016 at 10:03 AM, Gunther said:

As I said, good on you, I truly am happy that you've done well.  I'm not struggling by any means but I am far less wealthy than I was in '08.  Maybe it's the $10,000 I spend every year on my kid's volleyball, wasn't doing that in '08, ha.

Without going too much in dept. I work daily with populations of unemployed people and business reps....and so on.

I can tell you that dealing day in an day out with laymen and blue collar people, that they are not nearly in the dire straits they were back in 2008.
2008 was a tough, tough time. We dont live in that world any longer. I know some wealthy owners who complain that they now have to pay more in taxes, pay more for health insurance and so forth.
But Boohoo for those that have and have to spend more on their employees.

I have always thought that if this country was in such a mess, financially, employment and otherwise why is Trump national (to use 1 course as an example) still open?
A tee time runs about $390.
And that is just 1 course. We all know of fancy golf courses that are still charging an arm and a leg.
If the county was in that bad shape you would see "Obamavilles" (modern day equivalent of Hoovervilles) populating parks and golf courses.

But we dont.
The dire straits of the United States is a right wing, Fox fed narrative that has been pushed since Obama's election.
They never pushed these stories when GWB threw money at the Auto industry to the tune of 17 billion, or the 700 billion he used for TARP to "purchase or insure up to $700 billion of "troubled assets," - Mortgages !!!!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

15 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Bernie Sanders had a rally 10 minutes from my house yesterday. :beer:

Did you bleach your hair and give it that Dr. Emmett Brown look so you could fit in?dr emmett brown.jpgbernie.jpg

Scott

My Swing Thread

18 hours ago, Elmer said:

Without going too much in dept. I work daily with populations of unemployed people and business reps....and so on.

I can tell you that dealing day in an day out with laymen and blue collar people, that they are not nearly in the dire straits they were back in 2008.
2008 was a tough, tough time. We dont live in that world any longer. I know some wealthy owners who complain that they now have to pay more in taxes, pay more for health insurance and so forth.
But Boohoo for those that have and have to spend more on their employees.

I have always thought that if this country was in such a mess, financially, employment and otherwise why is Trump national (to use 1 course as an example) still open?
A tee time runs about $390.
And that is just 1 course. We all know of fancy golf courses that are still charging an arm and a leg.
If the county was in that bad shape you would see "Obamavilles" (modern day equivalent of Hoovervilles) populating parks and golf courses.

But we dont.
The dire straits of the United States is a right wing, Fox fed narrative that has been pushed since Obama's election.
They never pushed these stories when GWB threw money at the Auto industry to the tune of 17 billion, or the 700 billion he used for TARP to "purchase or insure up to $700 billion of "troubled assets," - Mortgages !!!!

It's a shell game. The recent "prosperity" was created using near zero interest rates and record debt. The underlying markers are not good at all. 

BTW, TARP was the absolute worst thing that our government has ever done. They gave a free pass to the folks that created the 2008 bubble. Shameful. 

- Mark

Note: This thread is 2874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!