IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

3 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

If there is one single thing we've all learned from this election season - and it's proven over and over again, just about daily - it's that the words "Trump" and "appropriate" absolutely do not belong in the same sentence.

Your statement, however, is absolutely true if you just replace "appropriate" with "childish" or "dick-ish" or something on that spectrum.

So, now I know what you think about native New Yorkers. :-D

2 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Riiight because he never makes underhanded comments. Just like he made a big deal about being the tournament host but now that it's gone he's basically said good riddance. Surely you've noticed he never has anything gracious to say about anything that doesn't favor him. There are more amiable ways to comment about the tournament moving than hope you don't get kidnapped, don't let the door hit ya because it never made me any money. The money part is extremely puzzling considering he supposedly has the Midas touch. But yeah you're probably right he was just showing genuine concern.

I don't think he was showing that he was concerned, but probably just venting as you mention in the beginning of your paragraph.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just read that Paul Ryan is now backing Trump's run for potus. I will be voting for the guy anyway. Ryan's change of mind just makes it easier for a Trump victory. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

2 minutes ago, Patch said:

I just read that Paul Ryan is now backing Trump's run for potus. I will be voting for the guy anyway. Ryan's change of mind just makes it easier for a Trump victory. 

Ryan will do what he has to do to save his chances of running in 2020, he knows Trump is going to lose. If he's voting for Trump it's because he can't afford to say otherwise. He put it off long enough to question his sincerity.

Dave :-)

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

Sure, he could have, but the PGA decided to move it from Doral. So, why should he pay anything?

So he could name it the WGC-Trump Championship and save all those thousands of jobs he's so concerned about. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

Ryan will do what he has to do to save his chances of running in 2020, he knows Trump is going to lose. If he's voting for Trump it's because he can't afford to say otherwise. He put it off long enough to question his sincerity.

Ryan will lose in 2020, but I am getting to far a head of myself with that. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1 minute ago, Patch said:

Ryan will lose in 2020, but I am getting to far a head of myself with that. 

He certainly didn't help anything in 2012. His youtube stream is very presidential Trump should take notice.

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

If there is one single thing we've all learned from this election season - and it's proven over and over again, just about daily - it's that the words "Trump" and "appropriate" absolutely do not belong in the same sentence.

Your statement, however, is absolutely true if you just replace "appropriate" with "childish" or "dick-ish" or something on that spectrum.

Thank God for @Golfingdad, if it wasn't for his contributions in this thread, I'd think the entire country was f**king nuts! 

Hopefully there's enough GDaddies out there to ensure a Trump presidency never comes to pass.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

28 minutes ago, jamo said:

So he could name it the WGC-Trump Championship and save all those thousands of jobs he's so concerned about. 

I think the PGA already decided they were moving before he could make any offers?

The PGA Tour announced Wednesday that the World Golf Championships event held at Trump National will move to Mexico City beginning next year. The event will be renamed the WGC-Mexico Championship after the Tour, on behalf of the International Federation of PGA Tours, secured a seven-year sponsorship agreement with Grupo Salinas, a collection of companies based in Mexico City primarily involved in retail, television, telecommunications and other businesses. Cadillac ended its sponsorship of the event this year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/pga/2016/06/01/pga-tour-leaving-doral-donald-trump-mexico/85238620/

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

5 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I think the PGA already decided they were moving before he could make any offers?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/pga/2016/06/01/pga-tour-leaving-doral-donald-trump-mexico/85238620/

Also from that article:

“The decision made here was based on the reality that we were not able to secure sponsorship for next year's WGC at Doral or for out years for that matter."

The PGA Tour (and Trump) knew Cadillac's sponsorship was ending. Clearly they've been looking for a sponsor, for a while. If the reason really was about sponsorship, he could have made an offer at any point.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

2 minutes ago, jamo said:

Also from that article:

The PGA Tour (and Trump) knew Cadillac's sponsorship was ending. Clearly they've been looking for a sponsor, for a while. If the reason really was about sponsorship, he could have made an offer at any point.

IDK, maybe he was too busy with his Presidential campaign to give this deal some thought?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

What's most shocking about it is for all practical purposes he is interviewing for a job. It seems like the negative Trump talk is lopsided compared to the others but the guy is a walking WTF factory. It's like watching the Jerry Springer Show.

It's worked so far has it not?

Has Hillary been "presidential?"

Cuz guess what? Neither are president.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It's worked so far has it not?

Has Hillary been "presidential?"

Cuz guess what? Neither are president.

Exactly, the left just completely ignores all the lies, scandals, investigations and cover ups of the Clinton's and pretends that she is somehow superior to Trump when in reality she's just sneakier and a better liar.  

Joe Paradiso

Nah nobody is ignoring anything. Clinton spent 8 years in the WH. She has a lifetime of experience. All politicians lie to think or say otherwise is oblivious.

But everyone from Hillary to Rand Paul has made an effort to act presidential. Trump alone has decided to take the asshat stance. Don't fool yourself Trump isn't a champion of the right. He doesn't have your back. 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Don't fool yourself Trump isn't a champion of the right. He doesn't have your back. 

I don't know who you're addressing, but I hope it's not me.

And just scrolling through HRC's twitter feed doesn't make me feel that she's all that presidential, either. Seemingly 95% of her tweets are just trying to rip DT. How about she talk about what positives she brings rather than the negatives of DT?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't know who you're addressing, but I hope it's not me.

And just scrolling through HRC's twitter feed doesn't make me feel that she's all that presidential, either. Seemingly 95% of her tweets are just trying to rip DT. How about she talk about what positives she brings rather than the negatives of DT?

The tweets on her account also read like they've all been focus-grouped by a social media outreach committee (which they almost certainly have been). Trump's a loose cannon with no filter, Hillary's overly guarded and impersonal; you don't need to investigate each candidate's respective Twitter feeds to figure that out.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

you don't need to investigate each candidate's respective Twitter feeds to figure that out.

I would. I don't follow politics.

Since some of you are young and may not remember how corrupt Bill and Hillary were during his presidency I'll leave this here.  I'll take an asshat over a crook any day.  

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!