IGNORED

2016 Zurich Classic of New Orleans Discussion Thread

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 2908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not a lot of buzz on this tournament in the media. There is a pretty decent field, but this tournament never gets much attention for some reason.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Not a lot of buzz on this tournament in the media. There is a pretty decent field, but this tournament never gets much attention for some reason.

Interesting you say that.

Golf Channel is doing a "Live from Nola" week.  I thought it was odd they brought the studio on site for this tournament.  

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

6 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

Interesting you say that.

Golf Channel is doing a "Live from Nola" week.  I thought it was odd they brought the studio on site for this tournament.  

Not that odd really. How could the Golf channel crew not enjoy some time in NO? A nice change of pace for the crew from from the Florida Texas swing.

I enjoy watching this tournament and they always seem to have a solid field.

A guy I've met a few times, Ben Martin, holds the course record here, so I follow it a little closer than most.

Looks like play is suspended for weather at the moment.

Justin Rose, driver off the deck. Ball above feet, choked up on the grip... a lot. It shouldn't be surprising he hooked it, no? Keep up the good play Johnny Vegas.

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Because of the rain delay, Day and Fowler not getting TV coverage.  No one else really compelling to me in the field.  Both are doing OK so I hope to see a lot of them over the weekend.

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

14 hours ago, Gunther said:

Because of the rain delay, Day and Fowler not getting TV coverage.  No one else really compelling to me in the field.  Both are doing OK so I hope to see a lot of them over the weekend.

I didn't think the coverage could be slower than last week. But they are underwhelming us again.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Not sure they're gonna finish this thing. May have to cancel it altogether. Supposed to be non-stop rain Monday and Tuesday. My guess is they're gonna try to finish it in 54 holes but even that could be a challenge.

4 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Not sure they're gonna finish this thing. May have to cancel it altogether. Supposed to be non-stop rain Monday and Tuesday. My guess is they're gonna try to finish it in 54 holes but even that could be a challenge.

Yeah, no fault to the players but, this tournament has been a total bust for me.

10 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

Yeah, no fault to the players but, this tournament has been a total bust for me.

A weekend full of weather delays + an unlimited supply of the best food New Orleans has to offer = the pros can't say the Zurich Classic has been all bad. There probably isn't a better tournament to result in a washout.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

8 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

A weekend full of weather delays + an unlimited supply of the best food New Orleans has to offer = the pros can't say the Zurich Classic has been all bad. There probably isn't a better tournament to result in a washout.

True, that food looked Awesome.

Vegas and Lovemark clearly did not check their wardrobes with each other this morning. Nike players generally look sharp, but their color template sure is limited.

image.jpeg

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

From https://weather-and-climate.com/average-monthly-Rainfall-Temperature-Sunshine,New-Orleans,United-States-of-America regarding New Orleans:

Most rainfall (rainy season) is seen in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, November and December.

Congrats to Brian Stuard (local Mid-Michigan "kid") for playing through the weather and getting his first win.
Nice way get back to full exempt status on the Tour.
Started the week ranked 513, not sure how points are affected by shortened events but he chould move up to around 130

Players play, tough players win!

2 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Vegas and Lovemark clearly did not check their wardrobes with each other this morning. Nike players generally look sharp, but their color template sure is limited.

image.jpeg

Almost looked like a Ryder Cup match.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

37 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Congrats to Brian Stuard (local Mid-Michigan "kid") for playing through the weather and getting his first win.
Nice way get back to full exempt status on the Tour.
Started the week ranked 513, not sure how points are affected by shortened events but he chould move up to around 130

I watched the final playoff hole between Lovemark and Stuard.  Afterward, Nick Faldo mentioned Stuard would move up in Fedex Cup Rankings, but he didn't discuss much about it.  Does anyone know how they "prorate" the points for an event that gets cut off like Zurich did?

Note: This thread is 2908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!