Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

2016 U.S. Open at Oakmont Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 1238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1,307 posts / 64780 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Adam Scott is the only major winner within 3:

Shane "You F***** Idiot" Lowery is in the lead.

Like I said earlier, if you tune in to only see the big boys compete or to see carnage, this is not your week. Birdies are going down and a lot of new names we are not used to seeing are on the front page.

Wife wants to know if the leaders have a chance of finishing the round before dark, and what happens if they don't. I ran out of answers.

28 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Back 9 playing easier than front. You could see someone these guys get to 5 or 6-under by day's end. Really surprised  at how many birdies Oakmont is surrendering. Think you're gonna start seeing some separation here.

What is your idea of separation, how many strokes? Do you just enjoy being wrong about most of your predictions? Because your track record sucks.

9 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Like I said earlier, if you tune in to only see the big boys compete or to see carnage, this is not your week. Birdies are going down and a lot of new names we are not used to seeing are on the front page.

Quite happy to see some new and new-ish names...although a bit surprised.

3 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

What is your idea of separation, how many strokes? Do you just enjoy being wrong about most of your predictions? Because your track record sucks.

Damn, what crawled up your butt? Having a bad day? Geez. And Vegas says otherwise about my predictions, thank you very much. I've posted my winnings here before. Goodbye now.

Edited by ChrisP

17 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Adam Scott is the only major winner within 3:

Shane "You F***** Idiot" Lowery is in the lead.

This coming from an Index 20. LMAO!  Your good Cupcakes.

2 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

You never make predictions. Just rip on others. Easy peasy.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

I'm dreading the inevitable Icarus round of 80 coming for Andrew Landry tomorrow.

I'm keeping this comment in mind to prove you wrong homie :banana:;-)

10 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

I'm dreading the inevitable Icarus round of 80 coming for Andrew Landry tomorrow.

Think Francis Ouimet! :-)

1 hour ago, Chilli Dipper said:

In 1881, there was the "Four Dead in Five Seconds" gunfight. 

In 2016, Lee Westwood gained four strokes in five seconds to earn a share of the lead.

Sounds like I went away for an exciting segment.  What happened?

16 minutes ago, McGolf-Doggie said:

Wife wants to know if the leaders have a chance of finishing the round before dark, and what happens if they don't. I ran out of answers.

They finish tomorrow.  It isn't like when you and I play and darkness falls, and we don't get to come back at daybreak and start at the 13th (or wherever we were).  

14 minutes ago, ChrisP said:
16 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

Damn, what crawled up your butt? Having a bad day? Geez.

FWIW- the commentator on the web feed for Jason Day's group just mentioned that even though Day is within 4, "there will be separation from the leaders as they get to the back 9- since the back 9 is playing so much easier."

Note: This thread is 1238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!