IGNORED

BEEF

Scotsclaff
Note: This thread is 2539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 hours ago, Grndslmhttr3 said:

It's like watching Shrek golf. Gonna have to agree with @Valleygolfer on this.

That'll do donkey. That'll do. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Going into the PGA Championship, Beef accepts a new sponsorship with Arby's.

• Upvote 2

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Going into the PGA Championship, Beef accepts a new sponsorship with Arby's.

Awesome!

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Awesome!

If he misses the cut, we'll all be asking, "Where's the beef"". 

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

On 7/2/2016 at 7:27 AM, boogielicious said:

FWIW, I have no issue with his size. He's a bit of a character and its fun to have characters in golf.

Exactly! I miss the old guys that I grew up watching that were characters with Trevino and Chi Chi coming to mind as guys who had their niche. Of course stellar play has to occur! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Not only does he need a shave, he needs to see a dentist

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

13 minutes ago, David in FL said:

That's what British dentistry looks like.

• Upvote 2

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

11 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

That's what British dentistry looks like.

I remembered reading something about the state of British teeth - couldn't find the original article I read but this one is similar.  (The Simpsons may be a more reliable source depending on your point of view)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/12054216/Americans-do-not-have-better-teeth-than-the-British-study-concludes.html

Watching Beef yesterday you have to wonder if he is going to be able to keep up with all the high fives and crowd interaction through a 20 year career.  At the moment it seems to be working for him and I like watching him play.

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

13 minutes ago, ZappyAd said:

I remembered reading something about the state of British teeth - couldn't find the original article I read but this one is similar.  (The Simpsons may be a more reliable source depending on your point of view)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/12054216/Americans-do-not-have-better-teeth-than-the-British-study-concludes.html

Watching Beef yesterday you have to wonder if he is going to be able to keep up with all the high fives and crowd interaction through a 20 year career.  At the moment it seems to be working for him and I like watching him play.

Crowd interaction and high fives = sponsor $$$.  Think of how many guys come to the Tour as unknowns and play with really small or no galleries.  I'm pretty sure I'd prefer to give some high fives over being anonymous.  

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, ZappyAd said:

That assumes he'll remain popular (or on the Tour) for 20 years.

He might be all but forgotten by next season.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

That assumes he'll remain popular (or on the Tour) for 20 years.

He might be all but forgotten by next season.

Yep, which is why I'm all for him going for broke, cash in now while he's hot.  Great stuff.

• Upvote 2

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

As much as I find Beef's appearance undesirable, he is fairly endearing personality wise.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

5 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

As much as I find Beef's appearance undesirable, he is fairly endearing personality wise.

That's all that really matters, isn't it? ;-)

Scott

My Swing Thread

16 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

That's all that really matters, isn't it? ;-)

Maybe for a friend...  :beer:

• Upvote 2

On 7/28/2016 at 10:24 PM, David in FL said:

After watching his interview from yesterday, it looks like he has seen a dentist. At least had a few cleanings and maybe a whitening...

Note: This thread is 2539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!