Jump to content
IGNORED

NHL 2016-17


Note: This thread is 1297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tortorella is grossly over-rated as a coach IMO. I'm not really sure why he keeps getting coaching jobs other than being a "known commodity."

What, you didn't want to start a Pittsburg Penguins Stanley Cup Champions 2017 thread? 

**** off Senators, garbage ass hockey team.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, iacas said:

I guess it's the 10-year anniversary of this:

 

I remember that game.  I had a noise violation in my mailbox the morning after that one from my condo board.  

 

Also, great run by the Blue Jackets.  16-0 is phenomenal.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
10 hours ago, iacas said:

Well, @DaveP043, my stint as "Caps fan for 150 minutes" has ended. Successfully, I might add.

Go Pens!

LOL, when I mentioned in the other thread that it was almost dinner and hockey time, you know which game I was watching.  Probably one of the best overall efforts by the Caps so far this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

LOL, when I mentioned in the other thread that it was almost dinner and hockey time, you know which game I was watching.  Probably one of the best overall efforts by the Caps so far this year.

Being close by us, my bruv and I were rooting for the CBJ, but I agree that the Caps looked very good last night. CBJ wasn't flat, but Washington was that much better.

I'll be interested to see what kind of effort the Blue Jackets put together for NYR on Saturday night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:11 AM, mcanadiens said:

Being close by us, my bruv and I were rooting for the CBJ, but I agree that the Caps looked very good last night. CBJ wasn't flat, but Washington was that much better.

I'll be interested to see what kind of effort the Blue Jackets put together for NYR on Saturday night.

They were all over the Rangers for most of the first 2 periods and led at one point 4-1. The Rangers woke up and scored 3 third period goals including the game winner with under a minute to go.

Rangers 5 BJ's 4

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/9/2017 at 8:27 AM, RH31 said:

They were all over the Rangers for most of the first 2 periods and led at one point 4-1. The Rangers woke up and scored 3 third period goals including the game winner with under a minute to go.

Rangers 5 BJ's 4

Mixed results for the CBJ lately. ... Beat the Flyers Sunday, but not so good against Carolina last night. It's a marathon. Not a sprint.

I only saw a period or so last night, but it looked like nobody showed up down south. Only 9,531 officially. Seems like ages ago when the Canes won the Cup.

Of course my Habs decided to get battered against the Caps on Monday. Made it a lot easier to flip over to the football game my bruv wanted to watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
On 1/11/2017 at 8:23 AM, mcanadiens said:

Of course my Habs decided to get battered against the Caps on Monday. Made it a lot easier to flip over to the football game my bruv wanted to watch.

Yeah, all of a sudden the Caps are playing pretty well.  Pretty complete efforts against CBJ, Montreal, and last night against Pittsburgh, sandwiched around a kinda dull 1-0 snoozer against the Senators.  I hope they get on a run of good play like this in April and May, but that's a long time away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I hope they get on a run of good play like this in April and May, but that's a long time away.

^^^This would be nice, but just like with my Dolphin's, the Cap's get me excited and then quickly frustrate the crap out of me because they bring the wrong team to the important games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Habs offense has not been in evidence for either these past two games against Detroit and Pittsburgh. When you don't have much in the way of top line talent, it requires more effort than that. Glad the Pens game wasn't available on tv locally. I was probably happier at the gym. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
3 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Habs offense has not been in evidence for either these past two games against Detroit and Pittsburgh. When you don't have much in the way of top line talent, it requires more effort than that. Glad the Pens game wasn't available on tv locally. I was probably happier at the gym.

You would have been, yeah. It was the best Pens road game of the year (they've not been good on the road) and the first complete game that resembled their playoff run last year.

Which is interesting with Cullen, Letang, Kuhnackl, and Dumoulin out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Habs offense has not been in evidence for either these past two games against Detroit and Pittsburgh. When you don't have much in the way of top line talent, it requires more effort than that. Glad the Pens game wasn't available on tv locally. I was probably happier at the gym. 

 

Judging by Saturday's debacle at the Bell Centre by my guys, the Habs offense is just fine. EIther that or the Rangers are skidding, probably a combo of both. Fun place to watch a game tho. Everyone up there is really into the action

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

This is older, and Sid's not the only player who can do these things by any stretch, but it's worth watching.

There are others out there as well. They're all pretty good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator

I'm getting sick of the "stick up for your teammates" thing going too far. Hockey is a tough, fast game and sometimes hard hits happen. Stopping the game because your teammate got rocked on a clean hit is stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
2 hours ago, billchao said:

I'm getting sick of the "stick up for your teammates" thing going too far. Hockey is a tough, fast game and sometimes hard hits happen. Stopping the game because your teammate got rocked on a clean hit is stupid.

I'm getting tired of not-so-clean hits being unpunished, too.

Like, say…

Nada.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm getting tired of not-so-clean hits being unpunished, too.

Like, say…

Ward got a two-minute roughing call there didn't he? Or maybe I'm on the wrong game. 

Supposing it's the same one, if his skaters had simply done their job and cleared the crease, it would have never happened. Really Ward should have punched his own players in the face.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
21 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Ward got a two-minute roughing call there didn't he? Or maybe I'm on the wrong game. 

Supposing it's the same one, if his skaters had simply done their job and cleared the crease, it would have never happened. Really Ward should have punched his own players in the face.

It's an automatic game misconduct and a suspension.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's an automatic game misconduct and a suspension.

Punching someone is a game misconduct and a suspension? In the NHL? Not yet it isn't.

I understand you don't like it, but 2 minutes is pretty consistent with how they called that sort of thing for years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...