IGNORED

Why do few players play Cobra drivers?

Note: This thread is 2771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, StefanUrkel said:

There are like 2 or something. 

I have one. I was shopping just when Ricky Fowler won with it. 

I honestly didn't see a whole lot of difference between it and the competing brands at the time. They said it was most "forgiving" which sounded good to me.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Its not a driver, but Im gonna keep my Cobra Baffler Xl 4 hybrid til its completely destroyed. It is by far the best performing golf club I have ever owned!!!! Go Cobra!!!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm gaming one right now. I love the sound of well hit shots off of it. Did not necessarily add any yardage to well hit shots.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I have been hitting Cobra drivers for years.  My golfing partner hit it a few times and liked it.  Then he hit his brother-in-laws and loved that one.  He was convinced to purchase one and now loves Cobra.

Its just not a Taylormade, Titleist, or Callaway so it doesn't get as much press but I have hit my driver and compared it to new drivers and I still prefer my Amp Cell Pro.  

I think Rickie Fowler is doing wonders for the Company

44 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I'm gaming one right now. I love the sound of well hit shots off of it. Did not necessarily add any yardage to well hit shots.

Sound and feel were some of the major reasons I went with the Cobra. The Ping G30 and TM (whatever it was) just sounded and felt dead to me. The numbers were comparable on the monitor, but it just felt better. Darn thing looks really nice too. 

10417544_10204878659435909_4706392526232628405_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

- Shane

15 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Sound and feel were some of the major reasons I went with the Cobra. The Ping G30 and TM (whatever it was) just sounded and felt dead to me. The numbers were comparable on the monitor, but it just felt better. Darn thing looks really nice too. 

10417544_10204878659435909_4706392526232628405_n.jpg

Biocell or Fly Z?

15 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Biocell. 

My buddy has it and loves it. I have the Ltd and would love it more if I was better at hitting it more consistently.

7 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Best looking Cobra driver on the planet!   Encore ZL

driver.jpg

Looks good except for the big ugly number 3 on it.... :-P

• Upvote 2

Cobra Fly-Z.

Used TM Aero Burner for about 2 seasons previously. But loved how the Fly-Z felt in my hand. Bought it as an impulse buy for $80 clearance at GG just for kicks last fall but has become my staple now. It's all looks, feel and sound. I don't think it hits any further or shorter than any other comparable drivers. I do like how the lie angle is a bit more upright than most other OE drivers.

BTW, I have heard a few people finding the high pitch contact sound a turn off (a 'like' for me). Dunno, but maybe that's why.

Maybe retailers don't push these as much in favor of other OEs selling whose product might be more 'beneficial' to them.

Vishal S.

I tried some last year at Christmas time, and in Orlando. I got pretty good numbers with them - one thing I liked was a slightly heavier shaft, I didn't spray the ball as much.

Related: my 4H is a Cobra FlyZ, and I really like it. A square face, doesn't have draw bias like a lot of standard (non-pro) hybrid heads.

Prediction: Cobra will make a big push now that Nike has exited manufacturing golf clubs.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I am new to this forum, so this is my first posting.  I just bought a Cobra Fly Z and it is the first Driver that I have been able to hit consistently. I really love everything about it!  My brother is already trying to borrow it from me for a golf trip. 

Note: This thread is 2771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!