IGNORED

Presidential Candidates Debate

Hacker James
Note: This thread is 2721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

Very possible.  Although I would ask those people (actually all people) who are on the fence, or who think that they're both the same or similar to watch this first ...

I dunno @Golfingdad, look at the comments section. Yes, it's the bottom barrel of YouTube, but it's going to take more than John Oliver unfortunately.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, newtogolf said:

They will both lie to convince us to vote for them, blame past Presidents and Congress for their inability to effect change and really won't care what you or I think once the election is over.  

Well - OK. But that just seems like a cynical take on politicians in general. I'm not that cynical yet or I wouldn't even vote.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

Very possible.  Although I would ask those people (actually all people) who are on the fence, or who think that they're both the same or similar to watch this first ...

The status of the race is this: Trump's support (deplorables + people who would vote for a half-eaten egg salad sandwich if there was an R next to its name) is set in stone in the low-40s, but he has little chance for his share of the vote. The "undecideds" are really the voters currently polling for third-party candidates, and the numbers suggest that when Johnson and Stein are removed from the equation, pretty much all of their voters break toward Clinton. The movement is all about the fluctuating between Clinton and "other;" it's the difference between Hillary leading by the skin of her teeth, and Clinton leading by ten points.

The hardball move by Trump would be to demand that Johnson (if not Stein, too) be invited to the remaining debates. I don't think he'all try that.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

16 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

The status of the race is this: Trump's support (deplorables + people who would vote for a half-eaten egg salad sandwich if there was an R next to its name) is set in stone in the low-40s, but he has little chance for his share of the vote. The "undecideds" are really the voters currently polling for third-party candidates, and the numbers suggest that when Johnson and Stein are removed from the equation, pretty much all of their voters break toward Clinton. The movement is all about the fluctuating between Clinton and "other;" it's the difference between Hillary leading by the skin of her teeth, and Clinton leading by ten points.

The hardball move by Trump would be to demand that Johnson (if not Stein, too) be invited to the remaining debates. I don't think he'all try that.

Cause we know team blue doesn't have the same thing.  See Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton

4 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

Cause we know team blue doesn't have the same thing.  See Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

See the biggest issues I have is not what they can't get through Congress. With these two horrible candidates I'm all for gridlock in the government. With Trump I'd want a Democratic Senate. With Clinton I'd want a Republican Senate. 

The problem is what can each of these people do by executive action. The Federal Government, I think under Reagan in 1984 with the Comprehensive Crime Control Act for the War on Drugs allows the government to seize your assets under suspicion of illegal activity without due process. Well it redefines due process. See due process was traditionally defined as in a court of law, but under this law due process is carried out by a bunch of bureaucrats. Your property is on trial. Not you. Try to get it back. And now it's gotten to the point where if you're driving and carrying around $1000 in cash and are pulled over for speeding and the cop asks you how much cash you're carrying, and you're stupid enough to answer them, they can take it under this law even if you've done nothing other than were speeding - "you may have been going to xxxxxx to buy drugs."

And without approval from Congress under the Patriot Act, there are certain words, and if you have a certain number of firearms, or have purchased a certain number of rounds of ammunition you get put on a watch list.

Who is going to abuse this more? I suspect from his use of NDAs Trump will have enemies lists. Clinton will continue the Obama policies. Both are really bad. Really bad. I can't support either of them. That's why I'm supporting Johnson even though he didn't know what Aleppo was. I didn't know what Aleppo was. I don't think he'll continue these practices. Even though he doesn't stand a chance of winning. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

59 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

I apologize if you didn't mean to say that only republicans have blind sheep who just vote for the R. I just find it funny that Hillary came out with an ad saying that Trump has been mean to woman, so they shouldn't vote for him. Pretty sure, most dems would vote for a Bill Clinton or Ted Kennedy.

5 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Very possible.  Although I would ask those people (actually all people) who are on the fence, or who think that they're both the same or similar to watch this first

3 hours ago, 14ledo81 said:

I would ask those on the fence to listen to a week's worth of Rush Limbaugh.

Please tell me you both are joking.

2 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

With Trump I'd want a Democratic Senate. With Clinton I'd want a Republican Senate. 

This.

I don't know much about politics, but gridlock is not a bad thing. I believe the country is stronger when the checks and balances are in place - even when the candidate I voted for wins the election.

The only type of change that should come easily is that which both sides can agree on.

Jon

Oh gosh, too much drinking already @Gunther. I cant hold out... Haha!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I've tapped out twice already, and halftime is approaching on MNF.

God I strongly dislike both these candidates. Can we have a mulligan on this election? No? 

Julia

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

I've tapped out twice already, and halftime is approaching on MNF.

Haha! Ive had quite a few breaks too. Like right now...

Philip Kohnken, PGA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

5 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Haha! Ive had quite a few breaks too. Like right now...

ESPN's halftime show includes a First Take segment, and battery acid is sounding pretty tasty to me.

6 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

ESPN's halftime show includes a First Take segment, and battery acid is sounding pretty tasty to me.

Too bad it's night, otherwise itd be easy to go golfing right now. Maybe i should invest in a simulator from the federal income taxes that trump wants me not to pay like himself.... Oh gosh its turning me over. Whered that drink go?!

Philip Kohnken, PGA

Trump doesn't understand MAD. First strike capability is very important.

Julia

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DrvFrShow said:

Trump doesn't understand MAD. First strike capability is very important.

The standard comeback would be that what Trump doesn't understand could fill a phone book, but that's an outdated metaphor.

Note: This thread is 2721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!