IGNORED

Kirkland (Costco) Premium Golf Ball

Note: This thread is 1519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

So Costco is putting up their money to expand their facility and increase their production rate?  That could be a very expensive and involved project.  It's probably not a situation where they just need to hire a couple more guys and they will be good-to-go.  Even with the man-power in place, they still might not have the capability to pump out balls fast enough.

There are other ball plants that I'm sure could handle that volume without having to do too much...why are they dinking around with trying to upgrade this place when the could be back in action sooner?

Litigation is pending. They may not want to invest if there is a ruling against them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Litigation is pending. They may not want to invest if there is a ruling against them.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing reading that as well.

Titleist makes some really good balls and clubs, I hope they keep their edge without having to spend a lot on litigation. On the flip side, I hope Costco continues to sell these balls, and change what they need to reduce any potential for litigation.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

COSTCO is not investing any money into a golf ball factory.  They are requesting their supplier ramp up production and if that requires additional investment that is their suppliers responsibility.  COSTCO has probably guaranteed substantial and continuing orders as an incentive. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OSSO BUCCO said:

COSTCO is not investing any money into a golf ball factory.  They are requesting their supplier ramp up production and if that requires additional investment that is their suppliers responsibility.  COSTCO has probably guaranteed substantial and continuing orders as an incentive. 

Agreed. It makes no sense. I think people read the response you were given incorrectly but in looking back it appears to just be poor wording on their part. It likely reads that they are waiting on the supplier to expand their production quantities.

It would make zero sense for Costco to put up capital. Zero.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

BACK IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bought 2 more packs, 4 more dozen!

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

4 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

BACK IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bought 2 more packs, 4 more dozen!

Yep, still in stock 4 hours later.  I just bought 2 dozen.  Should last the rest of the year.

And the Callaway leather gloves are back, I remember them being a pretty good glove.

Craig

Just now, 26point2 said:

Yep, still in stock 4 hours later.  I just bought 2 dozen.  Should last the rest of the year.

And the Callaway leather gloves are back, I remember them being a pretty good glove.

Craig

where is this?   all Costco's or just local where you are? 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Online. My first order shipped a few hours later.... so I bought another 2 packs LOL.

It was limit 2 packs per customer so I didn't want to press my luck with them cancelling an order (some people were able to immediately one after the other) but I was afraid they'd accidentally cancel both orders or something. But since the first already shipped I guess I don't have to worry now :) 

I ordered 4 2-dozen packs.  Looks like I'll have Kirkland's for the summer.  :beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Played the ball in florida and found the performance to be great but lousy durability. No ball does well on trees or cart paths. However, regular use the cover does wear. 

Great ball for fun rounds or practice not sure want to use during regular play.

49 minutes ago, Billsy said:

Played the ball in florida and found the performance to be great but lousy durability. No ball does well on trees or cart paths. However, regular use the cover does wear. 

I think I agree with you. I feel like the covers may be wearing down slightly faster than regular use, but I've played the same couple of balls for several rounds before and even though there's some wear I feel the ball still performs just fine for me - meaning it doesn't lose performance as it wear the cover. Just my opinion. Several rounds with a ball is acceptable to me.

7 minutes ago, jkelley9 said:

Several rounds with a ball is acceptable to me.

HA! several rounds with the same ball would do wonders for my scorecard!

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

7 minutes ago, lastings said:

HA! several rounds with the same ball would do wonders for my scorecard!

Agreed. Several holes is a win.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

3 hours ago, Billsy said:

I haven't found this to be the case, unless I hit it on a cart path.  I've been playing this ball regularly and haven't found any issues with it's durability, any more than any other ball.  I played this in a tournament last weekend and shot 73 and played the same ball the entire round.  In fact, we have our Board of Directors tournament this weekend and I'll be playing it then.

2 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

I think I agree with you. I feel like the covers may be wearing down slightly faster than regular use, but I've played the same couple of balls for several rounds before and even though there's some wear I feel the ball still performs just fine for me - meaning it doesn't lose performance as it wear the cover. Just my opinion. Several rounds with a ball is acceptable to me.

I used to go through Pro V1-x's and Snells just as much as the Kirkland's, or any other ball for that matter.  I never use a golf ball for more than two rounds anyways.  

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Been playing the Kirkland ball for a few weeks now.  Also playing the Snell MTB and ProV1.  

Have rotated the balls during rounds to get a really good gauge on performance and although they all perform very similar the Snell ball is my favorite.  

No doubt in my mind (coming from a 10HC golfer) that they both rival the ProV1.  Someone who is a low HC, Scratch, or Pro may find more differences than I can, but at my level the price point of the Snell and Kirkland is impossible to pass up.  Have not tried Vice balls but have heard similar good things about it.

Note: This thread is 1519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!