IGNORED

Kirkland (Costco) Premium Golf Ball

Note: This thread is 1513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Got mine yesterday. Played 17 1/2 holes with the same one today (hit it in the water on 18)

I can find nothing wrong with these balls. Long off the driver, drop and stop on greens.

Actually had a 317 yard, GPS verified drive.  (wind behind me, elevated tee box, hard fairway) but still as far as I have ever hit one.

I ordered 4 more dozen before free shipping ends.

Usually rotate between ProV1, ProV1x, (mostly) and Project(a), Volvik Crystal.  The Ksig played as good for me as any of these. For the money don't see how you can go wrong.

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

I played another round with them, played the first ball 10 holes before I lost it in high grass and didn't want to waste time looking for it since the course was busy.  I played the second one the remaining 8 holes, it looks brand new.  

The ball for my handicap index is great all around, there is no area where this ball performs worse for me than the Chrome Soft or Bridgestone b330 RX-S I had been using.  

I ordered six dozen, at this point there's no benefit for me to play golf balls that cost 2.5x - 3x.

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I went over to Costco yesterday since I was in the area. I was disappointed that these weren't in the store. They only had the Callaway Hex Soft packs.

I'll order some tonight. The feel of the ProV1 has been growing on me. Not to the point I would EVER buy them outright. But if it's an enjoyable ball (especially putting, I like the feel of them) then this may be a great alternative.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

From the guy who did the videos above, we have the raw data on the ball as well as the other balls he tested against it.

Kirkland and Others Data.

EDIT:

Nassau Golf

Above is the link to the actual manufacturer's website.

Edited by baller7345
Added more info

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

On 10/12/2016 at 11:30 AM, No Mulligans said:

Exactly my thoughts, all of it...

I've got some new ProV1's, I've got a bunch of new Bridgestone E6's, I've got some other new balls, I've got a 5 gallon bucket full of balls I've found, etc.  They all behave roughly the same for someone at my level.  I just laugh at the 20+ handicappers talking about how type of balls make a difference.  Have they ever analyzed one of their rounds shot by shot?  I have, thanks to Game Golf.  If I hit 50% of my shots decent, not great, not good, but decent.. If I hit 50% of my shots decent and the rest are worse than decent then I'll be right around bogey golf.  How is the little bit of difference from ball to ball going to matter for someone who plays like me.

Still, illogically, I'm going to buy those kirkland balls.

QFT! Well said and worth repeating. I'm happy there are people out there that are willing to pay what I've seen asked for a golf ball. They support the R&D which has improved the ball a lot from balata covers and Titleist DT. (Yes, I'm old enough to remember when woods were woods.) They also provide me with balls to play when I find theirs. If I lose a ball, I never think of the price. Exactly how much better is a ball going to make me?

I do appreciate someone is willing to do it. When I finally run out of barely-used balls I find, then I'll probably go down to COSTCO and pick up a couple of dozen. (Which will probably happen because as I improve, I find fewer balls. Funny that.)

Wayne

6 hours ago, Blackjack Don said:

QFT! Well said and worth repeating. I'm happy there are people out there that are willing to pay what I've seen asked for a golf ball. They support the R&D which has improved the ball a lot from balata covers and Titleist DT. (Yes, I'm old enough to remember when woods were woods.) They also provide me with balls to play when I find theirs. If I lose a ball, I never think of the price. Exactly how much better is a ball going to make me?

I do appreciate someone is willing to do it. When I finally run out of barely-used balls I find, then I'll probably go down to COSTCO and pick up a couple of dozen. (Which will probably happen because as I improve, I find fewer balls. Funny that.)

That may not be coincidental, golf courses are getting pretty smart about the used golf ball market and either have their own people hunting and diving for golf balls that they sell directly or sell to resellers or they get paid by 3rd parties to scour the ponds and rough for golf balls.  

Most of the golf balls I find on my home course are either chewed up by the mowers or brands and models that do not have a used market.  

Joe Paradiso

6 hours ago, Blackjack Don said:

Which will probably happen because as I improve, I find fewer balls. Funny that.

Makes perfect sense.  People don't lose balls in the fairway. ;)  You are only usually finding balls when you're looking for yours, and you're usually looking for yours after you've hit a poor shot.  Fewer poor shots leads to less searching which leads to less finding. :beer:

My home course hired guys to look for lost golf balls.   They get limited free golf in return.   The course, in return, sells them for about $10 / dozen.   

I received my order from Costco tonight.    Quick delivery. 

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Ordered mine this morning. Kinda excited to try them out this weekend lol.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

I just received my two dozen today.  After being a golf ball snob forever (nothing but pro v1x) but have been playing Snell at pretty much all other times now since trying them a year or so back.  I'm going to try these out tomorrow and this weekend, see how it goes.  If I don't like them it's not a large loss.

I will say that the feel of the ball out of the box seeem really good.  Definitely doesn't feel like a Rock Flite.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jsgolfer said:

I will say that the feel of the ball out of the box seeem really good.  Definitely doesn't feel like a Rock Flite.

They're a urethane covered ball. I'd expect the general feel of them in your hands and even off the putter to be fine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I used them again today and had my lowest score ever.  I don't give all the credit to the golf ball but they are working well for me.

Since switching to them I've played 4 rounds using 6 golf balls, which is unusual for me as I almost never finish a round with the same ball I've started with.  I've done that twice with the Kirklands, in the other two rounds I had one ball lost in high grass off the fairway that I didn't have time to properly search for and today I hit one OB.  The ball I finished the round with today still looks brand new.  

Joe Paradiso

Was hoping to give them a whirl today, but it looks like nothing but rain in the forecast.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Got mine in the mail today. Will test out tomorrow or Sunday. They certainly seem like they're okay on the surface. I do really like the feel of a urethane ball regardless so that's probably why. Not very useful info I'm sure. I'll let you know how it goes but it'll be at most one round of data which probably also isnt useful.

On 10/17/2016 at 5:40 PM, No Mulligans said:

Here's a guy that did some launch monitor reviews (below).  He concludes that the Kirkland is very similar to the Taylor Made Tour Preferred X.

Dude, I want a hitting bay in my house!

Played yesterday with the Kirkland ball.  I didn't notice any difference between this ball and any other urethane ball i've played.   I was pleasantly surprised at how well the ball performed.  I'll play it again on Monday on way back from Pittsburgh.  But after one round I'm pretty impressed

-Jerry

Got my order in a few days ago, but haven't been able to play.  I played 18 today with the ball and it met expectations, which were high after reading nothing but glowing reviews.  The ball preforms every bit as good as any premium quality ball for me.  I was able to shape it both ways (with the same erratic control :p), and was getting plenty of spin going into the green.  Spun a wedge back a couple of feet and as long as I hit the green the ball would always be found a short distance from it's mark.  I played reasonably well today (82) and I was hitting it pretty much the same distance I hit every other ball I've played lately.

I also found the ball to be very durable.  I hit one tree pretty squarely and bounced it off something hard (not sure if it was cart path or the wood stairs right next to the path) and it held up well (for the most part scuff free).  I did alternate between two balls as I always carry an extra ball in my pocket, so that might have helped, but other than the usual dirtying of a ball as you play I really didn't notice any damage.

Edited by baller7345
  • Upvote 1

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Note: This thread is 1513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!