IGNORED

What's your experience with USPS/UPS/FedEx deliveries?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

My biggest issue with the USPS is how seldom their tracking updates. They're often a bit slower, and they often leave off info available from UPS or FedEx, like… who the shipper is.

I get the automated texts from all three companies (though UPS often doesn't tell me until the day before delivery), free. That's been really really nice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My only issue is that USPS refuses to leave packages at my door if they don't fit in my mailbox and I'm not home, which is basically every package. I end up having to pick it up at the post office a day later. The UPS app lets you pre-sign for packages before they arrive (which is particularly nice because their distribution center is horrendous for picking things up).

Thinking out loud here: maybe the USPS app lets you do that too? I should check.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jamo said:

My only issue is that USPS refuses to leave packages at my door if they don't fit in my mailbox and I'm not home, which is basically every package. I end up having to pick it up at the post office a day later. The UPS app lets you pre-sign for packages before they arrive (which is particularly nice because their distribution center is horrendous for picking things up).

Thinking out loud here: maybe the USPS app lets you do that too? I should check.

My USPS folks leave packages at my front door.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've never had packages stolen but what is on the San Diego local news now and then is a home surveillance video of someone stealing packages from someone's front door.

I have my packages delivered to my work location.

21 hours ago, iacas said:

Ditto. Never had an issue.

Maybe OT, but I once dropped off a package at an authorized UPS store (small one) late Friday on a holiday weekend. All weekend long, I was unable to track the package. It took until the next business day (like a Tuesday or something), before the authorized store's data feed was sent to the central UPS system. Only then could I use the UPS tracking tool on the website. By then, the package was nearly at its destination.

I just thought it was strange that the instant I submitted the package that it would not be trackable then. There's some intermediate data transfer that must occur.

Edited by RandallT
forgot the word "Friday"

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

3 hours ago, iacas said:

It could just be my neighborhood and the fact that I'm in an apartment. But they won't leave anything that can't fit in the mailbox without me signing for it. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Ahhh, the differences between city living and country living.

I'm in a mountain community.  I can leave the door wide open and no one will notice, well except for bears and deers.

When I used to live in a city, I wouldn't trust anything that is left outside.

Many occasions, I get UPS and FedEx packages delivered to my house that is addressed to one of the neighbors.  I simply drive over and drop them off to the rightful owner.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

We have UPS here in the UK and i've never had a issue with them. Yes, there next day delivery is quite litterally "any time the next day" as i once had a parcel delivered in the evening.

If you want to know a truely bad courier google Yodel reviews. They are renowned for leaving parcels in plain view (they left flowers i hade ordered for my wife on the doorstep) and even been filmed throwing parcels into gardens.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

I have an incoming order from NC. USPS site says "departed post office enroute to sorting", yet expected delivery in SOCAL 11/18.  That sounds a bit quick, I am thinking more likely next Monday.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

19 hours ago, Hacker James said:

I have an incoming order from NC. USPS site says "departed post office enroute to sorting", yet expected delivery in SOCAL 11/18.  That sounds a bit quick, I am thinking more likely next Monday.

well,  guess they were right. Item arrived at local post office this a.m. The sorting facility they referred to was San Diego. Not too shabby, order placed 11/15.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Note: This thread is 2746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!