IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge January 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1/25 - a little pitching with wiffle balls down a longer hallway at work tonight. And to think I get paid for this :content:IMG_4073.JPG

• Upvote 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 min

sklz trainer for lag and timing and warm up

7 iron with feet together to emphasize swing around body, then Y swings to work on lagging then onto L swings

pump drill on full swing

next did driver with same routine

right hand nice and light, timing ok and lagging with driver, not so much 7 iron

Walked 10 holes after work, shot 9 over. Drives were crap, but I've been messing with them on the range, so that wasn't a surprise. Used the 3/4 flighted shot on several approaches, really like it. Focused on enjoying the course and making a good hip turn. Not much else. ;-) 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Played 18 today.  It wasn't perfect but I was very happy with the progress I've made.  Was a bit sloppy at the beginning and end but had a stretch of 11 very good holes.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Spent 30 min trying to feel the swing start by hinging the wrists sooner per my latest evolvr lesson. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Went to trafford centre last night so whacked 150 balls on the driving range there, not bad if I do say so myself.

Today went to driving range near place I am working and hit 50'odd but was fffffffreezing so that's the excuse I'm gonna trot out for topping balls all over the show.....

1/26: 20 minutes reviewing latest Evolvr lesson. Keep going with backswing and left wrist, but improvement. Add thoughts about right elbow not flying as much. Keep elbows closer- use ball technique. 5 minutes slow deliberate backswings with flat left wrist and right elbow staying close. Then few minutes athletically at slightly faster speed.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Working on A2 to A3 with a mirror. Trying to keep my legs a bit straighter and the body bent better at the hips while reducing the pressure around the lumbar through "relaxation" drills while in position. Still figuring out the proper amount of "C" versus "S". There's a "straightness" that seems pretty optimal, but I'm not sure this is the least restrictive position or not?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1/26 - 5ft putts for bead today at work between patients

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

30 min 

sklz swing trainer. Get timing, feel lag and avoid casting. My spine and back cracks as I warm up, generally as I lag the club with hands being drawn thru hitting zone

7 iron. Feet together, brush strokes around the body, Y and L swings with wrists loose and lagging club from inside, 

pump drill on full swing

added full swings with no pump to see how I am doing on casting. Mixed results

same drill with driver, brush, Y and L swings. Full swings with pump  drill and then without. Feel lag more with driver than 7 iron

booked next class with pro for Feb 11. Hopefully, i will have made progress. Will do a video check this week at the range

1/26: I realized that as much as I've committed to slow-mo swings, repeating drills over and over, and practicing properly, that I generally don't make it through more than 4 or 5 reps before I have to hit a ball.

Tonight I worked on slow backswings, pausing at the top to feel good turn and flat left wrist, coming down to A6 and pausing to check hands and weight, then a nice easy follow through pointing belt buckle out and up towards target and holding the finish for a second. Forced myself to do 30 reps without hitting a shot. Then I hit about 20 shots just to get it out of my system, and finished up with another 20 reps before two final full shots for fun (they were perfect, btw).

A little while later I practiced pitching for a bit. Hit about 20 shots or so. I'm decent at it, but I don't get anywhere near the extremely shallow path demonstrated in the quickie pitching video post. Have re-watched that video a few times lately and the "paintbrush" motion mentioned in it seemed to click this last time. I've been practicing off my stance mat (thin rug over hard dirt). I barely feel them and the shots just pop up in the air every time. Very promising.

• Upvote 1

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Note: This thread is 2652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!