IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

140 yard par 3, knew it was good as soon as I hit it. Admittedly I thought the pin was holding the ball out when I was walking up to the green.

Annoying but can't really complain! Would have been only my second ever hole in one too.

• Upvote 2

My best and worst shots came back to back this week:

Worst: I tried to play it safe on a short par 4 and pulled out the 3-wood rather than letting my driver get me in to trouble. My caution was rewarded by a topped ball that scurried about 100 yards and just reached the fairway.

Best: I took out the three wood again (this time from 240 or so) and hit it to ~25ft. Made par, halved the hole, and moved on.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by fr0sty

My best and worst shots came back to back this week:

Worst: I tried to play it safe on a short par 4 and pulled out the 3-wood rather than letting my driver get me in to trouble. My caution was rewarded by a topped ball that scurried about 100 yards and just reached the fairway.

Best: I took out the three wood again (this time from 240 or so) and hit it to ~25ft. Made par, halved the hole, and moved on.

Had a pretty similar shot this week on 18 (a short par 4), ended up about 225 out for my 2nd shot.  Hit the 3W again to 20 ft or so, made par and off to the 19th for refreshment.

Originally Posted by MizunoPez

140 yard par 3, knew it was good as soon as I hit it. Admittedly I thought the pin was holding the ball out when I was walking up to the green.

Annoying but can't really complain! Would have been only my second ever hole in one too.

I had one just like this yesterday, 148 yards, but mine finished an inch behind the hole......and I still don't have an ace!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Last weeks business competition.

I was on the 4th hole a 384 yard par 4.

hit a nice 3 wood off the tee to the preferred right side off fairway

i was 131 yards out into a slight breeze pin was left - front  with a huge bunker

just in front and left.

Normally this would be a PW for me but it didn't feel i could reach with it because off the wind.

Took a 9 iron and griped it shorter. backswing at 3/4 and just hit it smooth. I was thinking because off that

the ball would take off a tad lower. It just did exactly as i had in mind i hit it crisp and flew in a penetrating trajectory

straight to the hole. It bounced about 2 feet before the hole took another hop and than checked to about 6 feet from the hole.

It was my best shot off the day.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Sharp dog leg left par 4. Hit 3W knowing that it was too much club. But, I've been able to work it a bit lately so I set up for a draw and eased off just a bit. Well, I did take some off and I was able to cut the corner nicely. Unfortunately, I didn't get any left to right on it. So I went through the fairway and up into the rough. Burried in the thickness, the ball was about a foot above my feet. 210 to the front and a high probability of me yanking it out of the rough and dead left. Not to mention it was in some very thick Bermuda. So, I took a 4i, aimed it out maybe 10 yards right of the pin and let it fly. Ball came out nicely and started right on my line and started to turn over. Landed maybe a foot or two from the front edge and ended up 6' from the cup. Aaaannnnd.... 3 putted for bogey. :/

260 yard drive on a 325 par 4. Easily the best tee shot of my life. I thought my friends were joking when they kept telling me I had to walk farther to get to my ball. I followed that with a sand wedge to about 15 feet on the green, and proceeded to 3 putt.

From there on out, every drive was a slice, and every chip or pitch was either skulled or hit short. Typical.

Russ B.

110 yard wedge shot (mediocre lie, 50 degree wedge at about 90%).  Just following a horrible 6i approach that shanked off to the right.  410 yard Par 4, good drive but ended up under a tree - thus the shank on the 2nd shot - my bad.

Called the shot prior to my playing partner - high and right of flag with minimal draw -  to just short of flag high into a slight rise - release to the left due to the slope - "hopefully it'll be close"

It just rolled and slowly approached the flag - right when I thought it was a great shot and very close....it disappeared into the hole.

(Two holes later I shot my first Eagle - which was three decent shots, but not the single best shot of the week)

Pretty cool to see holes #3, 4 and 5 all tagged as 3's.....especially when the pars were 4, 3, 5

Bill - 

Plugged lie in a greenside bunker. Can only advance it well left of the pin because it is too close to the edge of the bunker and can't even get a stance in the bunker. Have to stand outside the bunker, close face slightly and go hard at it. Ball pops out, spins right on the sloped green down toward the pin and goes in for a most improbable birdie. Go from pissed to joy in matter of seconds.

Bill M

I can't make a choice, as they were both so good and I knew it off the club.

Tough dogleg right par 5. I hit an awful drive in the left rough, ending with a horrible lie. I try to dig it out with an 8-iron, but the rough grabs it and I practically shank it to the right into a grove of trees. I (stupidly) detect an opening through two trees from 165 yards out. Instead of finding the opening, the ball finds the dead center of the trunk of a tree about 15 yards in front of me and bounces almost directly backward. Since it bounced a bit to my left, it ended up clear of the trees, but it was in light rough about 175 from the pin. I guessed it was a bit of a flyer, so I hit my 165 club (6-iron). I made great contact, the ball landing about 15 feet short of the pin and rolled up to about 3 feet. Quite a par, if I do say so myself.

Or (same round):

Straight forward par 4, with OB on the right. I try to hit a fade off the left edge of the fairway, but doublecross myself and fly the ball through some trees into the next fairway on the left. Thankfully, I had my trusty rangefinder and was able to get the difficult yardage: 190 yards over some trees to a center-back pin. I hit a solid 4-hybrid, aiming at the left greenside bunker, and fade it slightly toward the pin, landing well over the bunker and bouncing right, ending about 8 feet for birdie , which I make.

Bill M

30 foot up hill putt with a 3 foot break on a short 135 ft par 3 for bird. Shot a 77 on my home track during twilight on a packed course in Monterey County CA. My putting has improved greatly since going back to the basic, old school heel shafted blade.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

yesterday 200 yard par 3, little bunker front left and pin short in the same corner.

4 hybrid, choked a little bit and it lightly faded to just over the bunker and rolled up 3 feet short of the hole.  easy uphill putt for birdie

Bill - 

About an hour ago....244 yd par 3 into a slight breeze. Pulled out the 15 degree 3w and struck it so pure it flew the green dead straight by 5 yds....toughest rated hole on the track with a gulley and brush for a fairway. The ball was nestled under a tree in some thistle so I took my 54 degree and remembered watching BradFaxons short game lessons on the golf channel the other day and lined the ball up forward in my stance instead of back like I normally do and got the ball to run right up next to the cup for a tap in par. I picked out my landing area on they green and just bumped the ball there allowing it to release instead of checking..... thanks for the tip Faxon.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

I'm changing this from best shot........to favorite recovery of the week!  No one shot was great, but this PAR-SAVE was damn tasty!!

The 9th hole is a narrow 533yd par5.  I hit a nice drive with a crosswind.....it drifted just a tad bit left and just barely rolled into a hazard as it was rolling out.  I took my drop and hit 5-wood towards the green.  I didn't even laser the yardage because I thought I was too far away.  My thought process was....aggressive layup....get to 30 yds short and pitch/putt for a par.  My ball barely fell into the front greenside bunker and the pin was cut in the very back of an extremely deep green.  I had a long carry over sand and thought to myself.....this is FN just grreaaaat....(sarcasm)   The blast came up about 10' short of the cup.....then DRAINO!   Definitely my favorite par save of the week!!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

130 - 150 yards out on hole 9. It was around 9 o'clock at night (so I could barely see my ball) and I was at my local course. I had walked from the green out so I had a general idea where the pin was. Took a swing with an old 7-iron I have that's the length of my more modern Pitching Wedge, lol. I swung and it felt good. I listened for the ball to hit and heard it hit what sounded like somewhere on the green. I got up there and it was 6 feet past the pin. I just started laughing.

405 yard par 4, I push my drive into the rough behind some trees. Left with 90 yards to an elevated pin, I pull my 52 and hit it up over the trees to about 8 feet.

Missed the birdie. :doh:

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)